Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

bad day posted:

It was competently shot.

I feel like a lot of the action actually looks pretty lousy compared to David Ayer's usual work. I'm not saying individual shots are necessarily badly composed, but it doesn't have the same impact as Sabotage or Fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, Objectivism doesn't have any sort of claim over individualism or personal liberty, which are fundamental ideals of lots of different value systems. The question is what those ideals actually mean within that value system. None of the distinctive, identifying features of Objectivism, like individualism and personal liberty being specifically embodied by laissez-faire capitalism and disregard for the welfare of others is present in any of Snyder's works.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I just want to remind you guys that Snyder being done with comic books means we might get his George Washington 300 movie, which everyone has forgotten about.

I haven't.

Neither have I, friend. Neither have I.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Shageletic posted:

e: I posted the quote last page? He compliments the book.

Nah, he describes the book in fairly neutral language.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

That description reminds me a fair bit of Guy Ritchie's King Arthur movie.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

got any sevens posted:

I still like that movie.

Same.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Kinda baffled that Sophie Turner is being handed a franchise like that. I get they're losing Jennifer Lawrence, but she could phone it in in Apocalypse and still have more screen presence.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Guessing she won't be more than a secondary character even in the "Phoenix arc" movie. This is Jean Grey after all, most famous for being fought over between the most and least popular X-Mans, dying, and heel turns

Who's going to be the main character, then? loving Cyclops? I thought Jackman was out.

Wait, IMDB lists Lawrence, McAvoy, and Fassbender. I had assumed they were done after Apocalypse. This all makes way more sense now, my bad.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Let me say this: I felt exactly like you did, I thought it was a shot at Spidey's working class roots and everyman appeal to make him beholden to Tony Stark, but they did a few things to "soften" the blow (and one really gross thing that I despised, but that's a spoiler).

What's the really gross thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Dan's not confused at all. He said it "looked like." He knows, he's simply stating what it looks like in the shot. It's a perfectly valid opinion and it's a shame to watch people be so disingenuous for the sake of a dogpile.

Nope, you're misreading his statement.

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/940493552278126592

He's saying it only "looks like" Superman is reacting to nothing at all, on the theory that the film is supposed to be showing him reacting to the charred corpses of the family. Which means he's unhappy that the film is successfully portraying what's going on: Superman is reacting to the situation as a whole, not reacting to one specific thing that he's looking at.

• Locked thread