Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

computer parts posted:

Huh, I guess that's one way to do the cameos.

This is not an Elseworlds or an Imaginary Story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gyges posted:

I used Obama as an example because the general public associates him with a suit and tie look. A black guy who you think looks like Obama but without any sort of entourage and wearing normal, casual clothes is going to make you generally think it's just some guy who looks like him. Male actors aren't really a great comparison, but if famous actresses could get out without make-up they'd probably be a lot less likely to be recognized.

Like if you saw Kim Kardashian with no make-up, would you recognize her?

If I saw her out in public it wouldn't matter too much if I recognized her or not.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

Compilation of Zack Snyder's shifting explanations for why Superman killed Zod:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-brief-history-of-zack-snyder-defending-the-end-of-man-1763888746

He's right.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I did the same thing and yeah he's entirely consistent and right.

The article is the perfect example of why gishing is the stupidest style of argumentation available. The guy makes a nuanced case for the choices he made, but instead of a response in kind, you get line by line nitpicking.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The squid thing hinges on two fairly specific references so the change is fine. A lot of people think it doesn't even work in the comic. Wrong, but I see where it comes from.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's got to be some kind of in movie explanation for that Spidey costume.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rhyno posted:

Tony calls him "Underoos." It's probably homemade and he's 15. Come on.

Yeah, that's what I said.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrKrankenwagen posted:

I'm really looking forward to the Black Panther movie now. He looks amazing in motion.

Also, they're going to make Spider-Man movies forever.

Man, Sinister Six BOMBED. Holy poo poo!!!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there's a better chance they use someone they haven't yet. Scorpion is a good bet.

If they're gonna have Spiderman be a little kid, the villain obviously should be The Vulture.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ahahah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I really hope they utterly subvert the Civil War comic and it's Stark who gets shot.

That would be incredible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm not totally on board with it but at least Superman's got a character to develop.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

oddium posted:

I Hate This Spiderman

I hate this Windows Vista tonight.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It would be insanely stupid to leave that as a total surprise. A blockbuster movie is not a box of cereal.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jutsuka posted:

Taking a closer look at the screen where Thunderbolt Ross is showing the clips from previous films the canon deathtoll is as follows:

The Avengers
Overall losses $18.8 billion, 74 casualties.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Overall losses $2.8 billion, 23 casualties.

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Overall losses $474 billion, 177 casualties.

So in three films depicting an alien invasion of New York led by an Asgardian god, three helicarriers crashing in the middle of Washington D.C. and a rogue A.I. intent on engineering an extinction level event the total loss of life is 274 people.

Maybe it's in K.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Honest Thief posted:

What the hell is going on with Downey's facial hair? Are those horns, are they trying to make the most antagonising goatee yet?

It's like the Batmobile, people would be disappointed if it was the same thing every time.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

net cafe scandal posted:

Chris Nolan Universe.

The Nolanverse.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Codependent Poster posted:

There is another incident in the movie too that kicks off the whole government involvement.

PLEASE tell me it's the same thing as in the comic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Away all Goats posted:

A school (and surrounding suburb) gets blown up.

By Speedball.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Nuclear Strike In London
Five Dead, Dozens Injured

https://youtu.be/K9NdMMJzVmM?t=95

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm willing to bet part of Suicide Squad will be informing the audience about how some of these characters became villains because of their circumstances instead of by choice. The only one admitting to loving crime for the sake of crime being the pasty white, green haired fella.

Even he is explicitly a lower class street pharmacist.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I admit to liking the smartassed Supergirl they have going on there, especially given historically what a non-character she is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Maybe it's because she gets to shoulder the series as something other than some dude's love interest, but she's having a good time with the role AND not trying to Buffy it out.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think it's a little disingenuous to say that Sharon Stone was one of the biggest movie stars around 2004.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah I'll pay that, for some reason I thought it Basic Instinct was just before it and not 12 years earlier.

Maybe you were thinking of Basic Instinct 2, which was a couple years later and she is just having a drat ball in.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I hope the Flash movie is full of Flash Facts.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brother Entropy posted:

glad to know age of ultron is objectively just as good as ant-man and batman '89

*nodding in agreement* Objectively speaking, yes of course.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective Dog Dick posted:

Facts don't lie, people.

Facts simply cannot be racist.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

OldTennisCourt posted:

So Luke Cage just had it's release date dropped (September 30th), I'm totally ignorant of the character so I'm curious: Who would be his biggest villain that the show would use?

Society.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Cutty from The Wire is essentially Luke Cage.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

He's basically just Marvel's version of Shaft, right?

Not really, Shaft is more an establishment figure.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by "establishment", because I'm reading it like you're saying he's pro-"The MAN"?

Also, I just learned one of the tag lines for Shaft was "The mob wanted Harlem back, They got Shaft...... up to here" and that's a dope tag line.

Shaft was a suave black private detective, Luke Cage was an ex-con who couldn't get any work so he protected the hood for money under the table.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Honest Thief posted:

Isn't he a Batman villain?

The one villain Batman is absolutely terrified of.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective Dog Dick posted:

The biggest villain in that show would be that Luke Cage is played by Mike Colter, who proved himself an extremely dull performer in Jessica Jones.

It would have been great if it was Bokeem Woodbine rather than some kind of fantasy hunk.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Iron Man is a dead-serious, moralistic movie about the consequences of fun.

*chuckles softly* Allahu akbar.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

computer parts posted:

I sure trust resources like blastr.com and comicbookresources.com

CBR is legit, even if it is a total cesspool of idiots.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Bane does sound goofy and that's why he's great.

It's difficult to overstate how nothing a character Bane is otherwise. You gotta give Hardy props.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Basebf555 posted:

Isn't he like 60+ years old though? I feel like Lobo needs to be a big buff dude, not 65 year old Danny Trejo.

Trejo is in his seventies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

achillesforever6 posted:

The best version of Lobo was from the DCAU where he was voiced by that guy from Everyone Loves Raymond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE

I'm.assuming this is Brad Garrett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I said come in! posted:

I feel like it's perfectly okay to change some of this stuff about these super heroes. Batman in this new movie clearly kills people without mercy. Watch the latest trailer, he is body slamming bad guys through floors and slamming them head first into hard objects, no way anyone in that room he took out survived those brutal attacks.

It's just highlighting how silly Batman's stance is. It's perfectly fine to paralyze a guy from the waist down or put him in traction for a year, but hey, at least he isn't dead!

• Locked thread