Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

AIM was an evil corporate think tank in Iron Man 3. Roxxon is an evil corporation but they've been mostly regulated to bit parts in the TV offerings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

It looks like they forgot to photoshop in Sophie Turner's jetpack.

edit: Quicksilver noticed, too!

Jean Grey can fly though?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Bedshaped posted:

I'm gonna keep enjoying the TV show for however long it airs.

Grant probably isn't goofy enough to bring the levity that Sneiderverse desperately needs.

If anything, the articles I read yesterday implied that Gustin would be *too* goofy for a Flash movie that would mesh with the rest of the somber DCCU. Weren't Lord/Miller originally on board to direct this? Was there ever indication why they left the project?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

GoldBLOOM or GoldBLUM

How dare you speak to him! :argh:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Well, I mean, that's kinda the plot of Civil War.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Maluco Marinero posted:

It feels odd that they're doing the sequel. Like, it was a really great movie but wrapped in the most flubbed marketing execution ever.

Feels like they may have even realised that was the problem with the movie if they're coming back to the story.

They know. Edge of Tomorrow has continued to have great word of mouth driving DVD/BluRay rentals/sales to become a cult hit, which is why they are hoping to convince that late good will into actual butts in the seats. I saw the movie in the theaters, and sang its praises to whoever would listen to me, but I don't think anyone I talked to actually ended up seeing it then, but have had quite a few people come back later and agree with my assessment having seen it on video.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

It was a lot better use of the music than the stolen car scene in the first one

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

Just get the guy who did the music for the Monkey Island games.

Better yet, Disney owns the Monkey Island license now, so just make those movies. I keep reaching out to my Disney Imagineer contacts to try and get a Guybrush animatronic added to the background of the PotC ride, but no luck so far :(

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Timby posted:

Ted Elliott, who wrote the first few movies with Terry Rossio, was developing a Monkey Island movie script for Spielberg before the project was scrapped

:aaaaa: Is there anywhere I can learn more about this?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

The Black Order features heavily in the Marvel: Future Fight mobile game, which only features MCU or MCU-available characters, so they've been laying the groundwork for them being part of the universe for a while.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

There's a good Drunk History episode that goes over Superman vs. the KKK as well.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

The Flash goes back in time to prevent the Reverse Flash from killing his mother, but uh-oh! He goes back too far, prevents his parents from ever meeting, and threatens his own existence!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Cerepol posted:

Oh I didn't realize he showed up in BvS, and I haven't watched the Flash show as I assume like Arrow it gets bad.

It does, but Season 1 is basically a perfect season as far as these things go, if you just end there.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Keep in mind too that this is a company who employs people who thought the best scene in the Wonder Woman film should have been cut at the script level. Bunch of clowns. So anything is possible. But also the internet hates Zack Snyder so anything to affirm their hatred and how a movie of his will be "completely" reshot would get clicks something fierce. True or not.

What scene is that?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Budgie Jumping posted:

I hope they work all of Stan Lee's marvel movie appearances into the mythos by revealing him as a interdimensional traveler.

Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2?

Klungar fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 11, 2017

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Budgie Jumping posted:

Sadly I have not.

Minor spoilers: Stan Lee's cameo in GotGv2 is him grousing to The Watchers out in space about all the weird poo poo he's seen throughout the other movies. In a post-credits scene, they cut him off and wander away from him, either bored with or unbelieving in his story.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Hollywood Scientology agenda strikes again.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

I think that the only thing that kind of bugs me now about WONDER WOMAN is that nothing is a challenge. I mean the only point Diana is ever shown as weak or overcome as a character is when she's a kid. Lord knows that the movie isn't alone in that (Hello THE FORCE AWAKENS) but it's something that stuck out for me.

This is generally how her and Superman work. Not capable of really personally being in danger, so their peril is in not being able to protect the innocent or prevent casualties and destruction.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ozymandias is based on Captain Atom.

That's Doctor Manhattan.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

How do Domino's powers compare to Longshot's? Same deal?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Didn't they kill him off?

I guess if they got the power to put you in a new body, they can clone you.

Cameron has said he's the villain in all four of the Avatar sequels.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

It's from a Celebrity Jeopardy bit.

Apparently this is the best video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9XeAkQowA

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Nolan once told Snyder that Watchmen was ahead of its time and I do wonder if, had it come out now rather than in 2009, it would have gotten a better reception. I feel like not only its critique of superheroes (and superhero media as a result) is more in the zeitgeist now, but stuff like police violence, vigilantism, the cult of the "tech genius disruptor" figure, fear of apocalypse, and the desperation of searching for a savior to grasp at to avoid apocalypse are all more timely.

You might be happy to know that Watchmen is being adapted for HBO as a miniseries by Damon Lindelof, so you might get a longer run time and current events lens version after all.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Just smash Moana and Maui together to get a good Aquaman.

The name 'Momoa' is basically Moana and Maui smashed together already, it's like poetry, it rhymes.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Looks like X-Men and Fantastic Four are coming back into the fold?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

• Locked thread