Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm still skeptical that the Inhumans movie will get made. Maybe I'm wrong.

I get the feeling one reason the Captain Marvel movie has been delayed is that they have not found who they wanted yet, or someone is not available. Remember that last year they were getting close to a deal with someone to the point where the character was going to cameo at the end of AoU, but that never materialized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Remember that Winter Soldier also ends with the government getting involved due to the destruction of SHIELD and its HQ. Now you have an international incident that nearly wiped out civilization where Tony I have to assume sides with the government after accidentally creating Ultron. So it's a natural evolution of the story where you have Cap still trying to find Bucky while now having to go rogue. Plus it looks like from the trailers that there is another incident like Stanford from the comics. We know Crossbones is doing something bad, and Baron Zemo is probably involved.

So I'm assuming that the government tells Tony to take down Cap because he's not playing by the rules (likely because Bucky is a fugitive and wanted by the US/SHIELD/whatever). So the two fight, along with the other Avengers. I assume someone is going to get killed off to make the stakes higher. Rhodey is the most obvious choice since that's super personal for Tony.

I'm really thinking that this ends with an 'Avengers Disassemble' kind of thing until Thanos shows up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I forgot that they retconned part of Venom's backstory about 10 years ago, where they changed part of Eddie Brock's backstory to make it so that he had cancer and the Venom symbiote was the only thing keeping him alive. So when he was going after Spider-Man it was out of fear that he was going to take the symbiote back, and not actually because he wanted revenge due to his failed career. I don't even know if that is still canon or not.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

I was glad Daredevil did this. There's a great scene where Ben Urich is typing this scathing article about Fisk that he will submit to his newspaper the following morning. Then that morning he has to delete the whole thing because Fisk gives a live press statement where he basically says the same stuff about himself.
Everything involving Fisk in that show is amazing. I hope they can do as well with the Punisher (and I guess more of the Hand?) this season.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

It looks like Crossbones blows up the UN or something, judging from T'Challa crawling on the ground after the explosion
It would make sense if that kills T'Chaka and serves as a partial origin for Black Panther

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's especially dumb because they took a pretty cheery character and made him into SUPER GRIMDARK SADNESS.

• Locked thread