Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Is Thor's surprise at seeing the Hulk the most emotion we've seen out of the character? I'm trying to remember Thor's 1 and 2 and my mind can only conjure comedic straight-man thunder god maybe being a little sad during Thor 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I reread Irredeemable today and I was wondering if we're going to be hitting the point where we're at critical mass for the reboots of the mainstay/stream superheroes, and studios can kind of assume the general public has enough knowledge of the pastiche that we can see some different comic book movies.

Unless I'm completely missing out on some baller animated features or something.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Hawkman flies around and smashes people in the face with a loving mace. People stay away from you if your modus operandi is to swoop down and smash in someone's skull with a mace.

Also, he's Thanagarian so he's actually very strong. Oh and his mace is made out of a special metal that aides in face smashing.

I like heroes without powers, they're essentially all the Tony Hawk's of their equipment. I mean, yeah, he can "just fly". There's no way in hell I can do the same poo poo on a board with wheels on it that a pro skater could, so if a character has enough charisma I can appreciate a couple of of them who might not have the technical ability but their heart is 100% in the right place. Especially if they're the Tony Hawk of Wingsuits

That being said I don't know jack about Hawkman but "winged dude with mace" sounds dope

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Neither am I and I enjoy people dunking on Liefeld, as does anyone else who walks upright.

https://youtu.be/RmLFGWAyajU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

It's almost impossible to watch a Raimi movie and stay cynical. Except for Spiderman 3, but that washes away into pity after the sandman transformation scene

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Doesn't Spiderman just let him go, and he flies away? Or does he get locked up? I don't remember tbh

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

I like how you’re so dismissive when you don’t even know about scenes paying homage to actual comic book art.

Entertainment news milked a lot out of the first trailer, I remember a bunch of sites mentioning the Gjallerbru thing. I guess they made the Doom connection because Karl Urban was Doomguy in the movie adaptation

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

...I'm most interested in seeing Cyborg's part in the film tbh. I know what I'm getting with all of the other actors and their roles. With like no competition and the early buzz as positive as you can ask for for a DC release, this movie is gonna cruuush it

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok someone please explain this Keaton thing to me because I don't wanna look it up and have Google think I wanna buy Confederate flags for a while.

A kid named Keaton went viral after he was filmed crying and describing how he is bullied. Chris Evans invited Keaton and his mom to the Avengers premiere. Turns out his mom made some racist tweets

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I haven't watched a Nerdwriter video since he did one on Ghost in the Shell, in which his entire point was "not my GitS". It was incredibly stupid. Is there a thread for video essays on cinema?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

wyoming posted:

Yeah, and Constantine is obviously Ryan Gosling.

It looks like British dude from The Guest to me

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Yay I did it first

I wouldn't turn down another Keanu Constantine, on that note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

K. Waste posted:

Still working on it, will probably be done by New Year's.

Thanks K. Waste, just got the email. I probably won't watch it for a day or two but I really want to discuss it afterwards. Thanks again!

e: How much more bitrate can you squeeze out of a video if it's B&W because it's not storing colour values? And uh ignore that that isn't a comic book related question

• Locked thread