Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

PriorMarcus posted:

Yes. It used to be called Battle Angel Alita, which, to me, sounds way loving better and rolls off the tongue easier.

Alita: Battle Angel just doesn't have a good ring to it. Though, I suspect, is set up partially that way for franchise purposes so that we can have Alita: Sequel Title etc

Okay, thanks, that makes sense.

Although, you'd think they'd try to market the "Battle Angel" part.

Battle Angel Resurgence absolutely sounds like a thing that would exist.

teagone posted:

The film never had an official title. It's just been known as Cameron's adaptation of Battle Angel for almost two decades. Unless you're talking about the manga, which was retitled for its english translation to Battle Angel Alita.

Oh, word. So they must think the "Alita" name is something they'll be able to build from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

All of the movies they're still going ahead with make sense, but I thought they'd pause a bit with Flashpoint. It feels like it could very much be another Justice League if they get too squirrelly.

Cyborg and Deathstroke almost certainly won't happen, but we'll almost certainly get a Nightwing and a few of the Harley Quinn and Joker movies.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

TetsuoTW posted:

Tony Stark was the villain and the Vulture did nothing wrong.

Vulture rules and was one of the only memorable things about that movie. Sony should give Keaton a spin-off where he becomes an anti-hero trying to win his family back.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Homecoming almost has an Iron Man 2 level of threatening to be interesting before completely copping out by the end.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

ImpAtom posted:

You don't see them scamper off. I looked again and you see them in the distance after the neck-snap and then not again.

So they are alive, it's just a weirdly obscure way to show it especially because nobody's going to be looking at the background in that shot.

This is the laziest criticism. It's a badly handled part of the scene because "to pay attention" means the viewer would be looking at a muted part of the background instead of the brightly colored protagonist and the corpse falling to the floor which dominate the scene.

Edit: Also keep in mind that shot is literally less than a second long.

It's not "weirdly obscured" or "badly handled", it's just unimportant. Of course the family didn't die. The focus of the scene is on Superman because that's the important part.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Phylodox posted:

Can't there be a middle ground? Somewhere between completely ignoring them and zooming in on them after the fact? Even some foley work so you can hear them existing in the background?

Why would they do that though? It's communicated perfectly fine. This guy on Twitter is literally the first time I've ever seen someone confused about whether the family lived.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

ImpAtom posted:

There can exist a midpoint between "literally nothing but an obscured distance shot in a 3/4ths of a second scene" and "they hug Superman and thank him."

There isn't just that obscured shot of them in the distance though, there's also the entire point of the scene.

ImpAtom posted:

People in this and the previous Superman thread have literally argued it before. It's the first place I saw it myself. It's not an uncommon viewpoint even if I disagree with it.

Hell this conversation is the first time I've seen anyone mention the family in the background of that shot and I only saw them because I went back and framed through the scene.

Weird. I don't think I've ever seen it argued before. Now that I know about it it's really silly.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

dont even fink about it posted:

Actually, he steers Zod's head into the civilians because he doesn't give a gently caress, and then does a triumphant yowl at how awesome that fight was.

[INSERT MOMOA "WOOO!" AND "MY MAN!"]

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

MacheteZombie posted:

Eagerly awaiting the edited clip with this audio inserted.

I'd watch the hell out of a supercut of MoS and BvS with random Momoa noises throughout.

Get on it, K. Waste.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Disgusting

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Just make Constantine 2 and bring Keanu back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Davros1 posted:

Not really. Jonathan and Martha were two loving and supportive parents. The moment his powers started manifesting, they didn't ship him off to live with his weird, severely religious uncle.

A Superman whose father was a prepper would be really interesting

• Locked thread