Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

wyoming posted:

I hope that person is getting paid, because otherwise, yeeeeesh.

Emotional Horror Movie is the new Political Thriller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Spidey doesn't really look like a 15 year old boy although I guess there was that scene where Peter got real lean and strong after the spider bit him in the first Raimi Spider-Man. I forget that part of the Spider-Man power set is automatic Olympic decathlete physique no matter your age.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Sir Kodiak posted:

I've never really gotten why the character is a bow guy. Like, Katniss uses a bow because she could make it herself in a society where she couldn't buy a gun. She gains a skill operating as a poacher, which the state attempts to co-opt into mass entertainment, that she then reclaims as a symbolic representation of being an outlaw and rebel. With Hawkeye it feels like an affectation, like if Black Widow rode everywhere on one of those bicycles with the giant front wheel.

I'm imagining the circus performer flashback Hawkeye could've had if Scarlet Witch had hosed with his head. I think it actually improves Age of Ultron???

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Ant-Man, with a little creativity, could solo all of them.

Scarlet Witch is the ultimate "I win" button in comics. Hope the movie version stays away from that nonsense and keeps her as just mid-powered Jean Grey but with red lights.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
There was post earlier that went through the Marvel movie story development process. It consists of reading a bunch of comics, taking iconic scenes and themes from them, mashing them together, then letting a screenwriter and director figure out the rest.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
But at least the Civil War was worth fighting to end slavery and unify a country while WW1 was utterly pointless.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
He's already in the X-Verse.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

I'm so bored of Iron Man and Captain America but I loved all the side characters. Paul Rudd just kills it as usual and I cannot wait for his sequel.

I was so torn on the new Spidey -- I loved Garfield and he got stuck with a terrible sequel. But this new guy is pretty good and seems that he'll catapult up to be great if his solo movie is entertaining.

But yah - please no more IM or Cap for a couple years.

E: oh yah, saw it tonight :3: Mostly s good movie, amazing jokes but the action seemed a bit of a mess and wobbly - it was easy to follow but it was just giant blurs a lot of the time.

RDJ is gonna be in Spider-Man but probably just as Tony. But yeah, the next four movies are Strange, Guardians 2, Spider-Man, then Thor and Hulk Roadtrip so very little Cap and Iron Man until 2018 with Black Panther and Avengers.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Darko posted:

Peak human in Marvel/DC is pretty much how Cap is depicted in the movies, only faster. Batman and Cap, two "peak humans" in comics, aim dodge rooms of machine gun fire, clear out rooms of people faster than they can track, lift 2000 pounds as a workout, and punch through trees and punch steel doors off their hinges...and these are regular things.

I always think of peak human means different things in the case of Batman or Cap in that Batman is extremely well trained and conditioned and experienced a la peak as a 6'4" 240 lb 7% BF guy but Captain with the super soldier serum is literally every gold medal athlete in one person. Fast as Usain Bolt while as strong as that Mountain guy with the endurance of some world class Kenyan runner.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

MrJacobs posted:

Nope, Erskine was the only man who perfected the formula, but his death meant the formula was lost. Everything else created to make new super soldiers resulted in massive problems and side effects. This was used as a cheap and easy way to make all kinds of stupid and awesome villains over the years like Winter Soldier, NUKE, Omega Red and others.

MCU Abomination's serum made him have bone growths and poo poo even before mainlining Hulk blood.

Hydra's version of the Super Soldier Serum made Red Skull and I guess an updated version made Bucky into the Winter Soldier without the deformities. Hydra's Super Soldier Serum v2 seems pretty good as long as you don't brainwash them afterward. Howard Stark's attempted super soldier serum apparently made people psychotic. The US Military used the wrong kind of radiation (Gamma vs Vita) and created the Hulk.

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 9, 2016

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Flesh Tone Hulk, this checks out in my comic knowledge of Hulk naming schemes.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Scyantific posted:

I want to say that the Arkham games did a better job of interrogation but then Arkham City had him beating the everloving poo poo out of Penguin to get info.

Yeah Batman straight up tortures people in the arkham games. In Knight he squishes a dudes head with a slowly moving Batmobile. Multiple times Batman tortures people even after he gets the information he wants. "If you're lying, I'll break the other one." *crack* Was very gross.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is Tom Holland doing all of his own flippy stuff?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIl4BMRDXY5/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJojNyMjE6T/

He's doing at least some.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

The most memorable part of Apocalypse happens in like the first 5 minutes when a guy gets turned into a cube.

Agreed. Apocalypse and DoFP are both shocking in how fuckin savage they are in their opening action scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

What's her superpower? Hair that never gets wet?

• Locked thread