Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yeah this is fair. I re-watched the scene and it's not that bad. What struck me as weird is that when the building collapses he's still in the same room, alone. To everyone mentioning 9/11, that is indeed some hosed up poo poo. I would think (hope) that in a post 9/11 world people would react differently to such things, like for instance if a terrorist were to hijack a plane the passengers would fight back instead of just sitting there.

In the real world it's not as simple as fighting back as things can be made much worse and escalate and affect others. Batman isn't going to punch his way to save a plane. There's a reason authorities are supposed to receive intense rigorous training to resolve conflict.

But I get the gist of what you mean in terms of attitude and mentality since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Zoolander 2 was good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Belts, pads, pouches and guns. Throw in metal arms and you got 90s power.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am glad Rooker is back.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
They have the Fantastic Four rights. They could have done a Thing clan. If it were Miller it'd probably have Thing kill Reed and keep Sue as a battered housewife in an abusive relationship where she can't leave.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Good trailer and tune for Logan. I liked what I saw and am looking forward to it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Seeing a picture of Shin Godzilla, this is the first time it really looks like some kind of painful twisted mutation of a monster. Less heroic looking and more beastly. If this is a creation of a nuclear event it feels more appropriate than something that may have been made from nature.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What I really want to know is will Sonic input up up down down left right left right then collect rings and chaos emeralds then jump up in the air and go Super Sonic climaxing in him kamehamehaing Eggman out of his space station.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Batman should have a love affair with an orphaned Batgirl he takes under his wing and fall in love and be normal and at peace. Then Alfred can point out through her he finally learned to love himself and come to terms with everything. Then Batman can fall to his knees and have a good cry before shunning it all for the life of the Bat.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

Yes, batman should gently caress the orphan he becomes guardian of

hopefully I shouldn't have to preface she'd be older than 20 and didn't imply guardian so much as pupil but...eh...Batmans a creepy gently caress to begin with I guess

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Unless that's Barbara I appreciate he's got a heart for Jim. That and all the ladies. He also has Martha Wayne. What's that from?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm interested. Cruise and Crowe? Oooooooh.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope they're all villains in their Avengers style movie and the real team up is a bunch of A listers set to take them all down. Or...Darkstalkers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is Thanos gonna be involved wirh this one for GotG or are they avoiding it?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It was an alright trailer but seemed a little too much of a good thing being dialed up and pushed so hopefully it's done better when out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Basically let's try for something different than a superhero grandiose flick. Let's merge genres like teen romance saving the establishment poo poo via skiing or dance.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hopefully when JL2 comes out we get Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. Cyborg on roster is lame and Aquaman is a retread of Womder Woman or Superman and a more interesting visual power set and characters would be nice to see.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Jon Guy and Kyle. Forget Hal. poo poo there are a million more interesting GLs than Hal.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I dunno. Ben may be the type to take justice in his own hands for May's killer and end up teaching Peter something completely different.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Throwdown posted:

Man, The Flash looks bad, everything looks misshapen and the wrong size, his torso, his legs, his neck, his shoulders...

Agreed. The Flash doesn't look imo. Also Cyborg and Aquaman are poor choices next to John Stewart GL and Martian Manhunter.

I hope JL3 is I Can't Beieve it's Justice League

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Guy Gardner and John Stewart is more Lethal Weapon in space, add Kyle Rayner and you get fun.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Not super surprising, but Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and Cable are all officially confirmed for Deadpool 2.

Who is the director? I'm a bit concerned the team from Deadpool 1 is broken up but hopefully the writers and Reynolds can manage.

Hopefully it remains somewhat small scale at heart and they keep the good character moments. The personal love throughline being motivation vs world ending threat was nice.

I would be amused if Deadpools bromance with Cable makes his romance with Morena Baccarin jealous.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Tim Miller left and the new guy is one half of the the duo that directed John Wick. He has done stunts for lots of movies, but hasn't directed anything else.

One half of the John Wick duo I'll take. It was well directed imo and should fit Deadpool.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Can't imagine Pierce as Cable but I'd be happy with Wolverine in Deadpool as a joke cameo

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
[quote="Detective No. 27" post="468469606"]
I just don't buy Pierce Brosnan as James Marsden's son.
[/
Stephen Lang is a good serious pick but Dolph Lundgren may be fun to bounce off of Reynolds. So would Liam Neeson

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Also what is the chance next Deadpool is used to launch X Force?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
John C. McGinley for Guy
Iris Elba for John Stewart
And generic dude for Kyle Rayner

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

Warner Bros should buy it.

I would laugh and laugh and then I'd see Spider-Man in the JLA and I'd be like...this is ok.

I just want Fox to let go of FF and it ends up at WB or Disney/Marvel.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Now that Affleck quit I'm less excited about Batman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Batman is WB. Harry Potter is WB. I think it's time Hermoine ends up in the Batcave.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mecha Gojira posted:

Well, yeah, of course he looks like Robocop/Terminator/Transformer. His "birth" teaser sequence is literally Miles Dyson using the All Spark Cube to resurrect his son who's hooked up to a life support circuit board thing.

He's probably going to morph and transform and it's going to be tight.

Yeah. The Motherbox is a kind of all powerful master controller technology doodad thing. I think it looks ok. Secretly hoping Cyborg defeats a bad guy then jumps in the air absorbing his power only to shoot something whacky from his arm cannon.

Michael Rooker is great and glad he's getting more screentime since his performance is so entertaining

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lego Batman is best Batman.

Password: "Ironman sucks."

Seriously it just cut to the core of Batman.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 10, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh my God. This...this is the best and truest Batman movie that gets to the heart of Batman so amazingly.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Schwarzwald posted:

Are you texting from the theater?

Yeah there's no one here but me apparently.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

UmOk posted:

How the gently caress can you comment on how good a movie is before you've seen it?

Because in less than 30 minutes it establishes everything it needs to and sets up where things are going and conveys what's necessary to show it understands a long standing established character while being entertaining and demonstrating quality. Things it takes other Batman movies to never hit on or multiple movies to do.

And it follows through.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 10, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My bad for the overwhelming enthusiasm that could not be contained

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Why do adults watch Lego movies?

You do realize this question is asked in a thread where we seriously discuss comic book superheroes smashing the poo poo out of each other and cast judgement on and entire industry and people based on "Not my Batman!" level thinking right?

Unless that was kind of the point.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lego Batman accomplished in 1 movie what it took Nolan's Batman 3 movies to do. Better than.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Are we supposed to expect Legos to be able to move like flesh and blood real world people? Let's discuss the tactical realism of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Jbttrb3u4

Batman is so much better this way.

• Locked thread