Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

New set picture from Thor: Ragnarok shows some very ... interesting potential plot twists.

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

That Atom is amazing.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Vegetable posted:

Days of Future Past was good IMO

It's real good.
Which makes it all the more confusing how terrible Apocalypse is.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The MSJ posted:

She is playing Vanya, the one with no powers.

Best protect ya neck.

The real question though: Who is playing Hazle and Cha-Cha?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Man, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they started taking things out of the public domain. :smith:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Hilarious that a Grant Morrison knockoff is getting an adaptation before basically any Grant Morrison comic.

Makes sense, only the surface weirdness on a fairly standard story.

Gerard Way's story cracks me up, like, he started out wanting to write comics, 9/11 happened and he decided "Life is too short" so he put on skinny jeans and wrote songs about vampires instead.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

MacheteZombie posted:

It's got heart will be my new go-to review line.

Thor Ragnarok's got moxie!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoim_wTR1fU
:colbert:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Yes, lol. On screen for maybe thirty seconds.

He's just so happy to have helped. :yayclod:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Well,

1. Movies aren't puzzles meant to be "solved"
2. Lex Luthor never shuts up about his motivations.

I do however enjoy the bizarre implication that Lynch makes incomplete movies so that no one can ever know what they mean.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

teagone posted:

Lex is also a great villain because he plays everyone like a fiddle in BvS and manages to kill Superman.

I honestly don't know how people can hate Lex Luthor after the Jolly Rancher scene.
Such a fantastic moment.

Though really he's great throughout.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Can't stand LXG but I've always liked that the villain is Alan Moore. Good sets too.

Haha drat, never thought about it like that. And it did have some nice designs in it, like the ridiculous sword car.
I think Dorian Gray annoyed me the most, they gave him the great line of "I'm complicated" but then totally bungle the painting and his death. Such a missed opportunity to have had someone stab the painting and have the blade come out him.

I keep wanting to revisit it, but I'm sure it's still the same dull mess I remember.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

STAC Goat posted:

I watched it recently now that I'm totally removed from the comic or any expectations to se if I was overly harsh on it. It still sucks and is a mess of flashy design thrown together, but it wasn't near as unwatchable as I remembered it being. Just sort of a bad dumb action flick.

Yeah, I hadn't read any of the comics before seeing the film, but was still disappointed.
Pretty sure only the first volume and a half were out when the movie was made anyhow.

Dorian Gray was a great idea. I honestly thought they could've done a whole movie about Nemo.

His inclusion and portrayal was fine, it's just his death that annoys me. Completely misses the point of the character and robs us of a cool special effect.
Nemo's always been one of the best characters.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
This is the best tweet about Loki as Wiseau.
https://twitter.com/bilrac/status/927215733318307840

Shageletic posted:

Dreamcast = Snyder makes a lot of sense to me.

Agreed, GOAT.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Sir Kodiak posted:

What's this?

Slipknot was like a father to me.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

It's important also to remember the context of this scene.

Prior to this, we see him learn to fly, he's finally learned where he came from, and is wearing the Superman suit.
His first steps as a man.

We then go back and see him fight with his father, and lose him in a tornado.
His last moment of adolescence.

Then there's also that the entire tornado itself is just the metaphor for the fight we see.
I know it's been chided by some that it's silly to have had Cavill play a teenager, and sure.
However it was important to see him tell Costner "You're not my REAL father!" especially after a scene of him meeting Crowe.
The pain, the tearing of those words, is made manifest in the tornado. Clark can't save his dad because he can't unsay those words.

Also I really want to mention how much I love the editing and flow of Man of Steel, especially when we get to Earth.
You start out with Kal-El's ship about to hit, which then cuts to a ship hitting a wave. After saving the refinery crew Clark falls into the ocean and dreams about his mother "Focus on my voice, pretend it's an island out in the ocean"
and wakes up to the whale and its child. After making his way to land and stealing some clothes he watches a school bus drive off which becomes the bus from his childhood.
It's just a tight and beautiful little sequence of events that tells you everything you need to know about this Superman.

Also the school bus' stop sign being deployed before it flies off the bridge is a good gag. (as is dicksplash being the catalyst :v:)

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Suicide Squad really is the best. :allears:

And yeah, the majority of DC is probably hosed while Johns is still in charge.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

His face smooshed up against the bars, snot running from his nose. :allears:

Did you keep the Jolly Rancher red? :v:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I can't get over there being a Gambit movie, that's just inherently funny.

It ain't you, it Gambit.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
K. Waste, thank you.

That's also, again, a way better shot than it strictly needs to be. It's beautifully composed.

Also now I wanna do a movie fight between the school bus mercs in BvS and Valerian, but don't have a way to cap Valerian.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Aces High posted:

Also am I hallucinating or is the Zatanna concept casting Natalie Dormer?

Yeah, and Constantine is obviously Ryan Gosling.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Suppose that's right.
Totes looks like Gosling at the end of Bladerunner though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

My hope is more that if the reactionary, neoliberal superhero films do well, it'll open the door for black people and women to make more stuff that both a) isn't a reactionary neoliberal superhero film and b) has the full force of the studio system behind it.

Now tell us how trickle down economics is good.

wyoming fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 24, 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

So I watched The Spirit last night since it's kind of a Christmas movie...

I liked it.

https://i.imgur.com/nH0F1Yz.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/22O4Z4U.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Sat0Ayq.mp4

I honestly feel The Spirit is the most honest comic book movie.
And until BvS it was about the only film that captured the grandiose absurdity of comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

And he ended up becoming, Overt-Kill! :pseudo:

• Locked thread