Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Ogo rumors? Is that like a character from the comic books? I tried googling the name and nothing came up.

Or is Ogo the source the Sly rumors are coming from.

I think he meant Ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BvS R-Rated cut to be 3 hours long

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That's kind of funny considering how many villains TV Flash has straight up murdered this season. Probably too "grimdark" even for Snyder's taste.

Also he's an idiot.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The MSJ posted:

I don't know if what TV Flash did before this, showing all the villains into an underground Gitmo, is any better than killing them.

Snyder's probably ok with murdering villains, but tossing them into a makeshift Gitmo? "Not my heroes."

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I thought Lord and Miller left because of scheduling issues.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

In actual Marvel news rumours are starting to gain traction that Elizabeth Debicki is playing Death in Guardians 2 and that Mads is playing Eternity in Doctor Strange.

We might meet both of them in the post-credits of Civil War greeting a recently "killed" Cap.

I'm not sure how much of that is speculation taken from the Debicki rumour.

So Dr. Strange's main villain will be a basically immortal sorcerer? Last I heard Mads was lined up as the main villain according to one of the producers.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well now, Snyder's going on the record saying that TFA had more collateral damage than MoS.

I'm not sure if he knows what collateral damage really means; the stuff that happened in Episode VII was intentional.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Garry Shandling, aka Senator Stern from Iron-Man 2 and The Winter Soldier, apparently passed away today.

drat shame we'll never get to see him tell Stark to go gently caress himself ever again :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Terrible Horse posted:

Also hope that's a special time travel suit, because it looked way too armored for Flash

This was my thought too. Anyone who wasn't paying enough attention would not recognize it at all as being Flash, and instead think it's some other random dude.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I like the version of the flash that just whoopsy-daisy'd a bunch of dangerous chemicals onto himself

Well they retconned that poo poo too. Now it turns out that bolt was future Barry zapping himself full of goesfast.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I see dead soldiers, this movie is already too grimdark for me. :colbert:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Whizbang posted:

The whole reason Iron Man's team is after Bucky is because he killed Uncle Ben.

I like this. Please let this be canon.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Better be a Batfleck movie.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JediTalentAgent posted:

June 2: Capt. Underpants.

Wait what? Are we seriously getting a movie on this? :stare:

I need a source.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Corek posted:

The Civil War embargo is being lifted despite it being a month away. Disney must be confident that reviews will be good.

This might have something to do with the early screenings that are coming out next week.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

It's not a question of whether they'll ditch Chris Evans, it's a question of whether he'll ditch them. Doesn't his contract end after phase 3?

It was supposed to, but IIRC his contract and RDJ's got an extension for Infinity War.

Plus he's pushing pretty hard to stay on for the role.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently the first Doctor Strange trailer (not a teaser, a full trailer) is going live tomorrow, starting on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

And WB confirms the Batfleck solo-film.

Today is a good day.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Dave posted:

I just find it amusing that Cap and Tony go back and forth while Vision, the guy who can just wipe everyone out, is sitting fly as gently caress.

Vision has no time for the qualms of men, you cretin.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh yes this is very much my poo poo. :catdrugs:

Though I am hoping for a little less Inception and a little more Fantasia

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The MSJ posted:

2017's Spider-Man movie is literally subtitled "Homecoming". Get it, get it?

Well there was a run called Homecoming, maybe they're adapting that storyline?

:goonsay:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

There's a pumpkin right in the logo. I can't see any way that doesn't mean Hobgoblin.

That's a spidey mask.

E: what those two said ^

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They already said Mads is playing the villain, they just haven't said who the villain specifically is.

There are rumors that he's Eternity

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PiedPiper posted:

My favorite AoU bit is when everybody discusses how to fight Ultron and, iirc, Natasha's single spoken line is something like "The genie's out of that bottle. And its name is Ultron".

O-okay, Natasha. Thanks for pitching in.

They were arguing about the scepter. Thor wanted to go after it, and Widow said that it was too late for it since Ultron was active already.

Anyway Tim Miller wants a Deadpool/Spider-Man crossover

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's official, Deadpool 2 is coming. Now with 100% more Cable.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

:siren: Apocalypse caused Katrina :siren:

Our hero

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Definitely living up to the "repulse" part of Rita Repulsa.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I don't know if it was mentioned yet or if it got lost in Whitewashing talk, but James Gunn confirmed that neither John C. Reilly (Corpsman Day) or Benicio Del Toro (The Collector) will be returning for GOTG Vol. 2

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp Michael Keaton is out of the Spider-Man reboot.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp, looks like the Inhumans film is on hold now

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Whizbang posted:

If I had to choose between pissing off China or tumblr, I'd choose tumblr every time as well.

This but unironically.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Spider-man owning the poo poo out of Winter Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q1gpvIL2QY

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I seriously hope this rumor isn't true

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hoping he's an idiot AI who eventually takes over Boyd Holbrook's role as main villain.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking proportionally, Deadpool is flat out the best comic book film of 2016.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's the opposite for me, I couldn't stand my second watching of MoS, but I watch GOTG almost once a month.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

computer parts posted:

This happened with Wonder Woman too.

That was kind of expected though :shrug:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hm, did not know that the Russos brought in the John Wick guys to do some of their action sequences.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

We have no idea what they were expecting.

Sucker Punch was two hours of telling the people the trailer appealed to that they're kind of terrible. It's awesome.

It's also why I think "WB was expecting Avengers money" is actually kind of a big assumption. Avengers 1 and 2, along with all the Marvel movies, have been very top down. Directors have left over being micro-managed. WB gave Snyder, a divisive director, a huge amount of money and told him to do his worst. If they wanted Avengers money, that would be a weird thing to do. At this point, studios know exactly what makes a hit.

Actually it was pretty obvious that WB/DC were expecting Avengers/GOTG levels of cash with BvS, and anyone who thought otherwise is delusional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ungulateman posted:

"i can't be hosed to actually criticize this film so i'm just going to post about how it didn't make much money if you don't include the opening weekend, the most profitable period of every movie not called frozen or titanic"

You do realize that part of a movie's success also involves in how long it can continue to put people in seats after opening weekend, right?

• Locked thread