Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was pretty adorable. I love homemade lego movies. They're super creative with how they do their effects. You can tell it's a kid doing it because an adult would just throw it up into After Effects and it'll look like everything else out there.

The little paper bits for Scarlet Witch's powers :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My favorite part of Age of Ultron was the score. Elfman's best work in a while. He does good themes!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

:allears:

Really hope the solo Wonder Woman film will be good. :ohdear:

I honestly don't see why it won't

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh god. Dane Dahann with black hair makes him look very Wiseau-ish.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's completely disjointed, and scenes do not flow into each other causing a massive disconnect between the film and the viewer. No sense of pacing or urgency.
The film stops during the height of the tension to show us videos of the Justice League. Not to mention story beats that are stretched and over complicated.
Fair enough if you like it, but there are some serious issues with the film as a whole.

It has very little to do with Marvel outside of maybe that they should've taken the Marvel approach and take their time, or just go double down on The Justice League and gently caress the build up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not if you don't like Snyder at the helm.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chairman Capone posted:

I watched the Reeves movies for the first time last year (at least the first two, plus the Donner cut of II) and was struck by how I really didn't like them.

Also, Superman in Superman II outright kills Zod, as well as deliberately fights him in the middle of a city, so I really didn't understand why no one who hates those things in MoS seem to spew the same vitriol towards the Reeves movies.

Tone.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bizarre you honestly don't.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

wyoming posted:

Murder is bad.

In real life, sure. In movies, it's whatever the filmmaker intends it to be. And I guess if you're very anti-violence, I can see it bothering you. But I'm not.

Fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjfvx-k1Ms

Not so fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBSQEnvz6zo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's cool to feel whatever you want.

But you can't deny that tone changes things for people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxA5ECu2u3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_93l5q7AWDM

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like Dane Dahann and Luc Besson. So i'm already sold.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Reeves is amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only thing I wish this movie cribbed from Marvel was Marvel's patience.

And less threatening to flame thrower people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

broken clock opsec posted:

Iron Man flamethrowers people flat out in his first outing. But I guess it's fine because Marvel "did it right".

Iron Man murdered terrorists who were keeping him hostage to make weapons to kill more people. Probably would've chopped his head off too.

I'm very okay with self defense movie murder. Not okay with flaming throwing people's moms

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's just so loving harsh though. Like I know there are dark batman and superman comics, so maybe I'm in the
minority but I just like a nice catch all. Little bit of darkness, a little bit of fun. That element is just horrific and brutal in very off putting way.

Like, "oh no there's a bomb in the room" is different because it's quick, and impersonal. What's in the movie just doesn't sit right with me at all in a movie with Superman in it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

broken clock opsec posted:

By the time he was fully armored none of those dicks could do poo poo to him but he still set everything on fire including people instead of just turning a cheek and activating the jetpack. That's not "self defense".
So it's only self defense if they're on earl ground?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah no it doesn't happen, but it's threatened.

Personally just do not like it. Just don't gently caress with moms yo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just look at how loving smug they are. But because of the way the story was framed the audience feels like they totally earned it, and because the audience identified with these characters they also get a smugly Pavlovian reward when the movies conclude like this. Marvel films tell the audience "Superheroes are awesome and you're awesome for liking them!"

They captured Loki and took him in. He did not die.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They made him "go away".

They gave him to his people. Take it up with the Asguardian court system or whatever. I'm not asking this in a story logic sense, but what should they do with a terrorist who blew up a bit of New York? Killing them doesn't sit right with you, and fair enough...but what next?

And Loki didn't "go away" like Red Skull. He was imprisoned.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hey, if I'd be okay if Marvel wants to double down on some consequence stuff, but still makes the end uplifting and good. So long as, even if the heroes hosed up, they are still heroes ultimately. That's all I every ask from any Superhero film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm saying because I feel like BvS broke me, kinda? There's something about that whole movie that bothered me on a deep level and I'm trying to wrack my brain around it. Like, outside of the editing, the film makes me feel just awful. And it's not really about killing or not killing, but about character, ultimately. And how Superman's character just doesn't jive with me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Brother Entropy posted:

in what ways did the film make you guys feel awful? it hit alot of emotions in me but 'awful' definitely wasn't on that list

It made me feel hopeless. Hopeless about the world. Hopeless about my life (although, that's personal). Hopeless about heroes. I felt drained and just beaten after it. I know it boils down to Superman. I felt this exact same way coming out of Man of Steel. This Superman is just so off putting to me it bothers me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hat Thoughts posted:

To me, that sounds like an interesting movie if it was capable of evoking such a strong emotional reaction from you.

I don't like feeling bad. Especially after a superhero movie, which I'm seeing so I don't feel bad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I will agree it is more optimistic. But it still greatly depressed me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nigh unbearable tension through-out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

Based on this and your many other posts in the thread, you should probably just be very careful about the media you consume, because you seem to take it to heart in very strange ways. Getting genuinely upset (I'm kind of inferring there) because the villain of a film threatened to do something terrible is showing an astonishing capacity for empathy. If movies where Superman saves everyone (albeit at cost) leave you feeling hopeless, you may want to think very hard about going to see movies.

Please judge me as a human some more.

Also, I'd rather make movies tbh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Only two movies have done that though. And those two were both directed by Zack Snyder. That man has a way of making me hate something I normally quite enjoy.

To me, it's like going to a party, but no one telling you it's a funeral. I kinda prefer the party tbh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hat Thoughts posted:

Barenaked Ladies huh?

Mmmhmm.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Now look, I can never not make Sam Raimi the shot winner of everything....but that is a terrible screenshot for Winter Soldier. At least find an HD version.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Boo hiss

*sticks DC logo in jar of grannies peach tea*

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's not like Sam Raimi wouldn't win any movie fight here anyway. I'm just sayin be fair.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got no problem with that part of the scene. Is good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People won't buy more than 3 hours of running time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nope! Just it's depressing and lovely!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Guy A. Person posted:

This is the post that I think people are reacting to CP, especially the bolded part. If a movie is making you feel "hopeless" and "depressed" that's not good, and people aren't insulting you for pointing out how strong that language seems to be.

Unless of course you're just co-opting the language of actual depression in order to make fun of a movie, which of course I would never accuse you of.

No, I do have my own personal stuff with depression. Movie didn't help, at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, Devin's weird. He'll do a piece I very much agree with, and then he'll do it again, and again, and again, and get his lackies to do it again, and again to a point where the entire site is devoted to taking down one single movie.

Which is happening now.

But the site is cool though for the most part.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I forget where I heard it, but someone was talking to Devin about how nice and shy he is as a person and how huge of an rear end in a top hat he is on the internet and he just laughed and shrugged.

I don't know why but that skeeves me a lot.

Also I like FCH.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I always liked the look of Spawn. Never read the comics, but for some reason I bought all those drat action figures. I think they're forever stuck in boxes.

These were neat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Same. I was a regular on those forums. Good times.

In hindsight though, really hosed up times. Goddamn did they say some weird poo poo to any woman poster who came to the site. Yikes.

• Locked thread