Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

euphronius posted:

No I was just referring to the thread title.

Eh I don't think Justice's League's terrible flop is indicative of the comic book movie bubble bursting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Davros1 posted:

It'll probably surpass Man of Steel by the end of the week, and there's a chance it'll pass BvS too

I mean, even if it only makes half of what Force Awakens does, it will surpass all but a half dozen or so super hero films, including incredibly popular stuff like GotG2, Deadpool, Spider-Man, etc.

euphronius posted:

I thought it was kind of a neat fact !!

Oh yeah I agree, comparing it to the most recent big release super hero movie is totally valid, and puts into perspective how bad it flopped

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I didn't realize live action B&B made over a billion, but it makes sense since my wife and all her sisters/friends/every woman their age they know seemed to see it multiple times.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Davros1 posted:

He was talking about Beavis and Butthead

B&B Do America should be in everyone's top 10

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

josh04 posted:

"Justice League Dark" is a very silly name.

On top of that at this point they would almost certainly not want to bank on the JL name anyway. It would def get renamed to like Shadowpact I'm guessing

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Do we actually know this though?

Not sure if that 65% is from any reputable source but there is very clearly a lot of reshoots and a lot of those did involve new scenes of exposition as well as what seemed like nearly all of Superman's stuff and a large portion of the finale (not necessarily the fighting but the dialogue with Stephen Wolf and the "save the Russians" side plot).

Some of the character/plot building in the early part as well as a good chunk of the action sequences were likely Snyder's but they largely put those building blocks in place to build toward a largely rewritten finale.

quote:

Who's a b lister for DC with breakthrough potential? I still say Plastic Man.

I liked the idea someone posted about the Atom directed by Edgar Wright.

I've actually been thinking of that specifically in terms of some of the complaints/praise DC and Marvel get respectively: I wonder if at least some of Marvel's success can be attributed to the fact that a lot of those characters have zero expectation behind them, whereas everyone has their own idea of what Superman and Batman should be like. Someone pointed out in the comic book thread that before Tony Stark was in the movies his character was that of an aloof dad, not the jokey guy we got, and I wonder if the fact that these characters were sort've known but not really helped them forge their own path.

Then again probably Superman and Batman and maybe Spider-Man would even fall into that trap. I don't think anyone has any expectations about any DC characters, except for the inevitable "Aquaman is kinda lame and talks to fish"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

K. Waste posted:

I'm not taking requests to share after today 'cause I'm uploading a new cut with improved color work Friday, and then phase two of spreading the virus begins.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Look at it this way, you'll get to see the improved version as your first view!

Hah yeah I know, probably won't have time to watch it before the new year anyway. Just bummed cause I meant to send a PM last night but went to see Shape of Water and then out drinking (which owns btw, and is thread relevant since it's basically GDT spinning the Abe Sapien character out of Hellboy (tho not really))

• Locked thread