Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

hiddenriverninja posted:

How are they going to justify calling a white woman Motoko Kusanagi

Ehh, I can see them just waive off the issue since Motoko's age/ethnicity/nationality/etc. in the physical sense can vary with each iteration of the character, since her physical body is just a vessel. That said, I'm not advocating the casting of white actors in asian roles, but with Ghost in the Shell, the source material is a bit more flexible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Apparently Dutch supermodel Doutzen Kroes was cast in an unspecified role in Wonder Woman. Seen mingling with Gal Gadot and Connie Nielsen here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWwmq4rWYp/ and here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWuTj0ObUD

I'm guessing she's Artemis? I hope she's Artemis. Can she act? I've never seen her in a movie. She sure is pretty though :allears:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/EuphoricFailingAnemoneshrimp.webm

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 19, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I think I had her confused with Katherine Heigl; who was blackballed for some reason or another.

Heigl is allegedly a terrible person to work with. Just do a search for "why no one wants to work with Katherine Heigl" hah.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Wonder if Danny McBride could pull a Chris Pratt and get down to single digit body fat.

Once he gets that paycheck, I'm sure he'd find the motivation to get shredded.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Burkion posted:

Well.

At least she has a staff.

Oh... oh no.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Wheeee posted:

What are some good comic adaptation films which aren't about superheros?

I didn't realize Kingsman and Blade were comic book IPs and quite enjoyed them, along with Dredd and Stardust.

The Losers was a fun movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sophie Turner's face in the X-Men trailer thumbnail on the same page reflects my reaction to this rumor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Is it kosher to discuss the leaked airport scene?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Electromax posted:

Well if you remove the word leaked, you'll get less silent judgement. But the movie is in theaters now.

It's not out yet where I live!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

The movie's out, sure it is. Just don't talk about where to find it online. Use spoiler tags, though.

Ok, cool.

So. The leaked scene doesn't show how everyone got to the airport. It starts with Spider-Man already there, where he says he's a big fan of cap. I don't mind being spoiled, so if someone could explain the context and the set up for that sequence, I'd appreciate it :) Also I did not expect Chadwick Boseman's accent to sound so badass, haha.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Burkion posted:

Yeah who needs exciting well shot and inventive action scenes

Putting those on auto pilot in an action movie is totally fine

I'll give them a pass on creativity because Civil War plays with the novelty of characters in its collection of films spanning almost a decade now being at odds with one another. I was apprehensive about the way the airport sequence was being shown in official clips, but after seeing the leak, I was surprised at how much I didn't care about the setting or the way it was shot being so bland. What made the sequence work for me, personally, were the character interactions and dialogue. Sure, it might not be a technically impressive or innovative set piece (not that it needed to be), but even without supporting context, I was engaged in the content thru the strength of the actors alone.

[edit] By comparison, there was a severe emotional disconnect for me with the action sequences in Batman v Superman, primarily the title fight and the Batmobile sequence. I'd argue they were more aesthetically pleasing than Civil War's airport set piece, but if I'm not emotionally invested what I'm watching or drawn in by an actors performance during the action, I can't find myself to enjoy it enough to deem it "good" in any way.

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 28, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't seem the scene in question but based on the length of black bars discussing it I'm guessing the airport fight is interrupted by Michael Pena's character from Ant-Man where he explains the misunderstanding that causes the rift between Stark and Rodgers.

This would make an amazing One-Shot.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

But the quips and the character reveals were great! :v:

That poo poo surprisingly goes a long way.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

There's no way that, after all of this buildup, they're going to be able to properly pay-off the Thanos storyline in a single movie. He's definitely going to end up being major anti-climax, I don't see any way around it.

There's a way around it. Have the climax be Thanos facing off against Cap wielding his shield and mjolnir, and have Thanos kill him.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It seems like Zack Snyder is a pretty big fan of Injustice: Gods Among Us. Incidentally, Ares is a playable character in that game. I would prefer Ares to Zeus, personally, as WW's dad. Otherwise it just feels like straight up female Hercules. However, I think there's a good chance that perhaps Wonder Woman will be told that she's the daughter of Zeus only to later learn she's actually the daughter of Ares, and that's what makes her different from her sisters.

Have you read Wonder Woman Earth One? Interestingly enough, Morrison retconned Diana's birth again, and made her the offspring of Hippolyta and Hercules. Charles Roven explicitly said Zeus is Diana's father in the DCEU though, but that'd be an interesting twist if it turned out to be Ares.

I wonder how the DCEU will handle the Amazons too. Hoping they go with post-crisis lore/full mythological, having Artemis create the Amazons from the souls of women slain by men, and transferring those souls into strengthened bodies made from clay. I think it would be cool if it turns out that Diana is the only natural born Amazon in the DCEU. It'd parallel Kal-El being the last natural born Kryptonian in a way.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

When will Jake Gyllenhall's superhero get added to the MCU?

He's going to be in the DCEU as Nightwing :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Wonder Woman filming wrapped yesterday. Patty Jenkins has been tweeting out her thanks and whatnot to cast and crew. Love this image she posted because of how Gal clearly stands out in her costume:
https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/730142777682579456
Looks like she's towering over everyone next to her too. She is Wonder Woman :allears:
[edit] Here's a higher-res version of the image in the tweet:

Hope we can maybe see a teaser in front of Suicide Squad? If not then, I imagine the Wonder Woman movie is going to be a huge push at SDCC. So stoked.

teagone fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 11, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I am looking forward to seeing the trailers for Justice League, skipping the movie, and watching everyone's befuddled reactions until they all forget it exists two weeks later.

But Justice League is a Zack Snyder movie. Much like Man of Steel and BvS, everyone will probably still be talking about them for years after their release. Or was that :thejoke:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Rosa Salazar from Maze Runner: Scorch Trials is your Battle Angel.
http://collider.com/battle-angel-alita-rosa-salazar/

Meh and sigh. I already lost a significant amount of interest the moment Rodriguez was attached to direct. Shame... I would have been stoked about any casting news otherwise.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Captain Marvel front runner is Brie Larson.

Ok. Yes. You have my full attention now Marvel.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sweet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jim Gordon gonna be jacked in Justice League apparently.

https://twitter.com/itsNeha_/status/740325146666356739

I keep telling myself it's fake, but I just... I don't know.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Another photo. You be the judge:

https://twitter.com/CallMeTopes/status/740329752548900864

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Though to be honest, Simmons looked pretty fit in Whiplash. The guy has a really solid foundation to build on for an older dude.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The Cameo posted:

Simmons has always been a beefy guy, but good god almighty

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1RkVuvvJl/

Zack Snyder gives everyone compulsive gym disease it seems, even his photographer (Clay Enos) is loving ripped to shreds

Was just about to post a link to that instagram. poo poo is confirmed real, lmao. J.K. Simmons went HAM in Gainsville.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Looking forward to Supermullet so hard. Also, the scene descriptions were really great, especially the bit between Bruce and Barry:

Justice League Scene Description posted:

The scene follows Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, entering an abandoned brick building with lots of colorful graffiti which he has co-opted for his home. He turns on the power and his apartment lights up with tons of computer monitors all over the place. The light reveals Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne sitting in a chair.

“Barry Allen, Bruce Wayne.”

“You said that like it explains why there’s a total stranger in my place sitting in my second favorite chair,” quips Allen.

“Tell me about this…” Wayne presents Allen a printout showing the security footage of Allen which was retrieved from Lex Luthor’s hard drive in Batman v Superman. Allen looks at the paper incredulously.

“This is… uhh… a person who looks exactly like me but is definitely not me. Somebody, hippy, long hair. Very attractive Jewish boy… who drinks milk. I don’t drink milk.”

Wayne is not amused. “I know you have abilities, I just don’t know what they are…”

Allen quips, “My special skills include viola, web design, fluent in sign language, gorilla sign language…”

Wayne has stopped listening and is admiring Allen’s prototype Flash costume which is in the middle of the room.

Looking closer at the Flash suit, Wayne notices its made of “silicon base and quartz fabric, heat resistant.”

Allen tries to explain what the superhero costume is for: “Yeah, I also do ice dancing.”

“They use it on the space shuttle to keep it from burning up on reentry,” comments Wayne.

Barry responds that the suit is for “very competitive ice dancing.” Barry turns and continues, “Look man, I don’t know who you are but whoever you’re looking for is not me.”

While Barry is turned, Bruce Wayne takes the opening to chuck a Batarang at the young superhero. Almost instantly time slows down and we are engulfed into Barry Allen’s world of slow-motion as he dodges the incoming weapon and notices that it’s a metal throwing star in the form of the Batman logo. He reaches out and grabs it, catching it.

We transition into real time as Barry looks at Bruce, “You’re the Batman?

Bruce now understands, “So you’re fast?”

Barry remarks, “That feels like an over simplification.”

Bruce is not amused, so he gets to the point: “I’m putting together a team, people with special abilities. You see, I believe enemies are coming…”

Allen interrupts him, “Stop right there, I’m in!”

Wayne surprised, “Just like that?”

“Yeah,” responds Allen, taking a few seconds to admit, “I need friends.”

“Great,” says Wayne relieved.

Barry still looking at the Batarang, “Can I keep this?”

Ezra Miller gonna own. Source here - http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-set-visit/2/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

So it looks like Jason Fuchs (Ice Age: Continental Drift, Pan) didn't pen the screenplay for the upcoming Wonder Woman movie. Instead it was written by Geoff Johns and Allan Heinberg, with the story by Heinberg and Zack Snyder. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160711006437/en/Warner-Bros.-Pictures-Brings-Heroes-Magic-Myth

Nice.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I checked a few boards and that is exactly what is happening

:suicide:

Those people are literal scum. Movie is gonna own.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/753809579813670913
:allears:

Gal looks amazing. Really hope the WW trailer drops at Comic-Con and they release it online.

[edit] hi-res versions

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 15, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

First clip from Suicide Squad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM20Q2_9KkM

Go get it gurrrrl. Aww yeah, The Wall is so badass :allears: Also really digging the CG effects for Enchantress.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBWeWSjECQ

Leto's Joker gonna be good, yall.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

:stare: :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Here's a higher res image of the WW poster.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Word on twitter is the Wonder Woman trailer is 2min45s and will be released tomorrow later today. :neckbeard:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

My expectations and hopes for Wonder Woman just went nuclear. It looks so goddamn good. Gal Gadot, I never doubted you :swoon:

Also holy gently caress that Justice League trailer. I did not see that coming. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Thor's armor did looked very plastic in the first trailer.

Thor's armor has looked like molded plastic in every movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Super high-res shot of the Justice League :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Momoa looks real good as whiskey-drinking hardass Aquaman though. Also:

https://twitter.com/retrohan/status/756959191571525632
My thoughts exactly Mr.Rohan on twitterverse. Lol at anyone who thinks that. Ezra's suit looks LEAGUES (:razz:) better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

Neither suit is that good, but actual metal armor on a character who's defined for being fast, agile, and flexible feels off to me. The fact that it reminds me of the Accelerator Suits from the live action GI Joe movie just makes it feel silly on top of that.

Based on the Justice League set visit that the press blogged about last month, the DCEU Flash suit isn't made of metal armor. During the Wayne/Allen scene in the JL trailer, Bruce is admiring Barry's suit and while taking a closer look he says "silicon base and quartz fabric, heat resistant.... they use it on the space shuttle to keep it from burning up on reentry.”

Also, Ezra was dressed up as Gandalf while on stage during the JL panel, lmao :allears:
https://twitter.com/bestofezra/status/756964562151149568

• Locked thread