Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Now I can't stop thinking of a 300 style, sexy, shirtless George Washington yelling while punching someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Joe Russo on Civil War:

quote:

The movies we’ve been referencing a lot on this one are Se7en, weirdly. We like smashing genres into each other, so if you can find something that’s really idiosyncratic in respect to superhero genre and you can smoosh it into it you usually wind up with something fresh and different. Se7en, Fargo, just as far as we’re not making comparisons in terms of quality we’re just talking influences, The Godfather, because that’s a sprawling film with a lot of characters that tells very intricate stories. Each character has an arc.

Three Days of the Condor is to The Winter Soldier as Se7en is to Civil War.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

The PR intern at WB posting from Ben Affleck's account laid the smack down on Henry Cavill, whose account the intern was also posting from.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
So in addition to Se7en I'm guessing Civil War is also influenced by Who Framed Roger Rabbit according to the scene where the cartoon spiderman shows up

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
the studio that worked real hard to get the popular spider man hero in their movie is going to use it in their marketing to get people to spend money to see the big super hero movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I 100% support this thread becoming the official Guyver discussion thread

• Locked thread