Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stuff about Civil War:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/01/new-civil-war-photos-brings-us-behind-the-battle

quote:

What are they saying? That the movie is fully a sequel to The Winter Soldier. I've been telling you this for a while, but now that the film is finished it seems to be confirmed - this isn't Avengers 2.5, but rather Captain America 3, and it truly focuses on Cap and Bucky. I have been told that Spider-Man is great, and that the film doesn't waste time on retelling his origin. We all get it, and the movie just moves along. I've been told that Black Panther is phenomenal, and that Chadwick Boseman is a major addition to the MCU. This movie picks up the pieces of Avengers: Age of Ultron in surprising and human ways and makes us feel the true cost of Sokovia. And I've been told that the last half hour of the film is brutal, both physically and emotionally. One person told me that the last act plays out as an emotional horror movie because the film gives both Tony and Steve solid reasoning, and because it truly makes you feel the depths of this schism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

berserker posted:

FYI we basically got that in this season of The Flash and it's awesome

I'm disappointed you did not use that chance to say it was jawsome.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The rich billionaire character having a dream sequence about a future threat, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkdS4TfGBo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gyges posted:

I don't know, Gweneth Paltrow is in both movies.

Pepper cameo confirmed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I've seen Spike Lee walking around near NYU a few times and nobody hassles him. He's usually incredibly conspicuous too, completely decked out in blue and orange Knicks gear.

I thought you said Stan Lee and was really confused.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Spider-Man costume is so drat good.

If you haven't, find the high-res picture of it before you go off of what you see in the trailer. The level of detail on it is crazy, and it's clearly meant to look Ditko-esque.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ville Valo posted:

Link? I'm not arguing, I just want to see this detail.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There's a pretty good chance Civil War ends with Cap dying, and Bucky or Falcon taking up the mantle.

Cap can return for Infinity War easily enough with the infinity stones.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

OldTennisCourt posted:

So there's a 95% chance Goblin's the villain in the first MCU Spidey film right?

I think there's a better chance they use someone they haven't yet. Scorpion is a good bet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're showing Spider-Man because he's Marvel's most popular superhero and it's very likely that some people will go see the movie just because of him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tyree posted:

Who is on the ground next to Wanda when she is blowing out Vision?

Hawkeye.

Looks like they're trying to leave the Avengers compound, Vision does something to Clint, and that pisses Wanda the hell off since she's pretty close with Hawkeye.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There is another incident in the movie too that kicks off the whole government involvement.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

But that also brought us this!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Do his super farts smell really good or really bad?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Look at all those cars that are getting destroyed!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CaptainYesterday posted:

Solution: make the movie Flash actually Wally West.

Haha yeah right, not with Geoff Johns around. That would be like asking to make Green Lantern anyone but Hal.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

He's just being nice, the real reason is "lovely TV actors who no one has ever heard of can not be the stars of multi-million dollar franchise movies."

Chris Hemsworth says hello.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"yeah it's okay" is the best description of Age of Ultron

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

Tbh I feel like Ant-Man was saved by the fact that Edgar Wright was working on it at one point and it's really obvious which parts were his and which weren't.

I like people saying this. So care to tell me which parts were his and which weren't?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The answer is Kang.

Fox has his rights, sadly. :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah. Kang is with the FF rights for some reason. Maybe because he's possibly Nathaniel Richards.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So what's his point?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What the gently caress. Garry Shandling no. :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

New Empire limited edition X-Men cover.

Apocalypse with that "someone's taking my picture oh poo poo where do I put my hands?" pose.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Wait, do they really kill Jimmy Olsen?

About one minute after his introduction, yes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

Note that this Jimmy Olsen is some kind of CIA agent posing as a photo journalist. You wouldn't even know his name if it wasn't for the credits.

He is given an introduction in the extended cut.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Oh. Okay.

It's gonna be so surreal when Deadpool turns out to be the best comic book movie of 2016.

Deadpool.

Civil War and Suicide Squad look pretty good so far.

Everything shown and said so far about Dr. Strange sounds great.

X-Men: Apocalypse could go either way.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

I loving love that even when the movie does well people will take ANY pot shots at it to deem it a bad movie. Eat poo poo.

Would you say this applies to Age of Ultron as well?

General Ironicus posted:

You know Sunday was Easter, right? Like, it's not exactly a clean sample.

Does Easter matter? This is a genuine question because Christmas is considered a good day for going to the movies. I don't know if Easter is any worse or better.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 28, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Here's a chart that Box Office Mojo put together to compare the opening weekend of BvS with a few other films.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=superherosmackdown.htm

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burkion posted:

He's a nightmare to work into a team unless you either tone down his powers or make him utterly incompetent.

You can say the same thing about Superman or Flash. Either of them should be able to solve any issue without any problem.

I mean, apparently a TV show is having no problem incorporating the Martian Manhunter into it and doing well by him. But a multi-million dollar blockbuster with bigger villains and higher stakes can't solve that problem?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burkion posted:

Here's the difference.

Unless they ditch the most interesting thing about MM's origin, The Martian Civil War stuff, in which case he's just a low rent Superman and thus super redundant to throw in, his origin is going to matter. He's going to be on Earth and the White Martians will be gunning for him. Even as a sub plot, that's going to eat up time.

You don't have to have that right away. Have him as a guy who has been hiding on Earth and was inspired by the events in BvS to step up and become a hero. Then the neat thing is if you want, you could do a solo movie with him, or have a future Justice League movie about the White Martians.

You are looking for reasons to not include him, when you should look for ways to include him. There is nothing that would stop him from being used except lazy/bad writing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burkion posted:

Or he could wait until they get the others done and then bring him in more organically.

But never mind that, let's keep bitching about them not including certain characters when they have no reason to include certain characters and then bitch about them doing that poorly.

There's no reason to have included anyone they chose in the Justice League movie, there's no reason to have kept them out too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Watch out for this Iron Man 3 spoiler, guys:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Barring an unprecedented 2nd week drop off, BvS is going to do fine.

Is WB happy with "fine" though?

It's not likely it's going to make as much as either Avengers movie.

Like, this is a movie with 3 of the biggest comic book characters ever, and it's not going to surpass Iron Man 3. I figure there's gotta be some disappointment on their end.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

It's doing the best of any movie featuring either Batman or Superman. It took Iron Man time to build up too, which is why you're having to compare it to the third, fourth, and sixth movies in his series to suggest it's doing poorly, rather than the first or second.

It will probably not beat out The Dark Knight or The Dark Knight Rises.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yeah, people are like "3 of the biggest comic book characters ever," and I kinda react like people are claiming that the Fred movie should have been massive because he's one of the biggest YouTube stars of all time.

Batman has had 7 major films released in the past 30 years, and been featured in a slew of cartoons and television shows throughout his existence. Superman isn't just a comic book character, but has been a cultural icon pretty much since he was created.

Iron Man was a B-list character.

So earlier you were arguing it took Iron Man time to build up. He was built from a B-list property to what he is now in less than a decade because of the films.

So I don't get your argument either way. Either Batman and Superman's prior films don't count and you have to treat it like nobody ever heard of them before, or you should count their films because they each have had at least three, four, or six movies with them as the leads.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Batman v Superman had an 81% drop this Friday compared to its opening day. Taking away Thursday previews, it's still a 71.5% drop.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I'm confused. All the Marvel movies are bad now in the light of BvS?

I'm at work and only have MSPaint. Sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

wyoming posted:

My favourite part of Rises is that Aidan Gillen became a meme.

I will never get tired of Baneposting. That meme just works for me every time.

• Locked thread