Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Will Spider-Man be rated R???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

berserker posted:

Flash is a loving great show that has a few flaws here and there and sometimes realizes "oh yeah we're on the CW" but it's for the most part loving great. But I don't really want to get on a TV tangent here.

Does it make you like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_lGaBPbJLM

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If it's not Candyland like Marvel films with no consequences than it's grim dark.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

If that was a fun fight to you, then more power to ya. It was just way to stressful for me. It also gave me a headache. I wanted to leave.

That sucks dude. :(

Snyder fight scenes are so amazing IMO - from 300 thru Watchmen to MoS and from the looks of just the Batman vs Thugs fight - he's so visceral and the violence is brutal, not real - but its harsh. I would have loved for him to take on something like Predator.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gyges posted:

I don't think I've ever heard a cello shred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FzKqA9n-mo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nice, Simmons is gonna be great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have it on good authority it's actually them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

Running their poo poo into the ground?

Man of Steel is a huge success and is goddamn amazing. They wouldn't be moving forward if that movie was seen as a disaster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

computer parts posted:

Man of Steel was very polarizing but it's interesting to see if people will actually come back to see BvS since the latter is directly addressing some complaints of MoS.

People love Batman.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: at the idea that Batfleck is Adam West inspired - holy poo poo.

That's either grade A trolling or a person who can't see for poo poo without thick eye glasses.

The only thing from Adam West - Batman. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Like if youre not familiar with the comic thats cool - but now you know. So maybe put the brakes on your little temper tantrum.

BvS is insanely inspired by it - Batman wants to kick Supermans rear end for becoming a government stooge.

In the movie it's just because he hosed Metropolis but as we see at the end of MoS - Superman gives his participation to the army - just dont track him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Burkion posted:

Do neither of you actually read what I said?

I never said it was based on Adam West's suit. That's stupid.

I said it LOOKS like Adam West's suit, which is something I NEVER thought we'd get out of Batman in movie form again short of an actual comedy.

We no longer have Body Armor Batman that we've had since 89 in movie form and that's fantastic.

It's straight up a Comic Book Batman suit. Like Adam West.

I'm sorry if comparing the two because they're the only ones that are vaguely similar in the entire movie Batman line confuses you, I'll be sure to over explain everything I say from now on so that won't happen again.

Like this right here- BVS Suit does not look like ANY other MOVIE Batman suit except for Adam West.

The Serials don't count because those aren't movies. If they were movies, they'd be valid for comparison as well.

Ok crazy man, haha.

E: I see what you mean but it's stupid.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Comic books don't exist in the comic book movie thread.

Just movies.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Burkion posted:

When talking about Comic Booky Movies

Gee I wonder why I'd only be referring to movies.

Because entire conversations always go back to the comic books. Most recently stuff from Civil War.

You're strawmanning the gently caress outta this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

greatn posted:

You're a fool of you don't think DKR itself want partially Adam West inspired.

It's the Kevin Bacon of superhero costumes because it mostly beefed up the 70's/80's version of the suit.

Which was a more serious take on the 60's camp.

Which was a camp version of the 40's-50's.

Which is the limits of men in spandex.

Which is the limits of costume design.

Which...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was Knoxville or not. He's putting in a completely different tone.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

I have my bias' of course. But I did genuinely try to enjoy it. I will say, I did come away with the fact that the visuals aren't quite as grey and muted as I originally thought. But the movie is just totally not my thing at all.

That's cool dude. :)

At least you're not saying its trash like some.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just realized Quicksilver is the dude from American Horror Story (the one who has been in 3/3 of seasons that ive watched) - so I like him now cause I like that actor.

Im fickle.

Also the trailer looks pretty good actually - Psyclocke seems to have come right off the comic book pages. Why her and not everyone else for the most part?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I said come in! posted:

God drat I am so excited for Batman vs. Superman next week.

It's almost here! :D :D

Articles are coming out again on how Man of Steel destroyed Superman and the babies are crying in the comments on how "he killed!" "he let Pa Kent die!" "Pa Kent said kill children!!"

E:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalk...f/#449f8aac47d8

quote:

Warner Brothers Destroyed Superman's Brand For Their New Franchise. Will It Pay Off?

Strictly speaking, Superman the character has taken a life on occasion. But the bigger question – and one that is appropriately discussed in a business publication like Forbes rather than a fan site – is, does Superman the brand stand for killing?

The answer to that, historically, is no. Does it matter that Warner Brothers has changed the Superman brand significantly in this way? I’d argue yes.

And we are not talking about just any brand here. We are talking about one of the most powerful and positive brands in American history, one that captured the imagination of generations and is instantly recognizable to almost everyone on the planet. The question is, will their decision pay off?

cont'd

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 19, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Basebf555 posted:

Yea because Ezra Miller is such a household name.

He may not be but he's a drat fine movie actor. Not television. He's moved on from his tv stuff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I said come in! posted:

I just want to see Batman and Superman kill people because no one is truly innocent and everyone is deserving of justice.

You're coming with me rookie, I like it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you dont like CYE you're basically subhuman to me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Filming begins on Justice League already!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

EPIC 36 HOUR MARATHON!!

QUIPS!

EDGE OF YOUR SEAT THRILLS!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

First image from the Wonder Woman movie is out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dude Garry Shandling is much bigger than loving Iron Man 2.

That's horrible to hear. :( Larry Sanders show was goddamn amazing and way ahead of it's time.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's going to be one of the best summer blockbusters in years. Cannot wait!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jason Momoa is so pumped on Instagram for the DC stuff that's in store. His excitement is nice in all this shitstorm.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Everyone should subscribe to him - he's one of the realest celebrities out there. :)

He had a cool Hawaiian vacation this summer and was posting tons of pics of catching fish and partying with his local friends. He's so chill and cool.

https://www.instagram.com/prideofgypsies/?hl=en

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TFRazorsaw posted:

knowing what I know about Darkseid, replace the infinity gems with "anti-life" and they'll be good to go. Either way it will lead to a Heroic Battle For Earth between him and all the heroes, just with more Jesus metaphors.

How is this the movies fault? Your tears come from the DC vs Marvel thing that's been going on for decades now. No poo poo they have similar villains. You can like both and see how they turn out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Beautiful post Snowglobe. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love watching mental breakdowns.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Renoistic posted:

This is how I picture anyone defending this movie.

Whatever keeps you smug.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It was really funny that people were like "why is TMNT getting a sequel?!??!" Why do you loving think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is getting a sequel?

It's so good and people need to let go of whatever poo poo they hold. Sequel looks amazing. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Guy A. Person posted:

One thing someone mentioned, maybe in this or the other thread, is how people seem to actually be legitimately choosing sides in the Batman v Superman debate. When I was walking to the theater with my wife we were wearing Superman shirts and some dude in a Batman shirt scoffed and said "typical" under his breath, which was hilarious. It was also hotly debated over Easter dinner who was better (Batman seemed to win out overall). I wish they had played it up even more in the advertising, honestly, because it is a fun way to get into the movie.

Sounds like you walked by some MRA shithead who thought your wife was some "nerd imposter".

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/708526086137708544

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He hasn't deleted it so I am guessing he stands by it.

gently caress him and good for Olivia Munn - shes doing really well in her career and is even dating Aaron Rodgers from the Packers who's a giant loving dork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICGnM8Z8Qc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Boob Marley posted:

'Batman v Superman' Sets Record With Worst Friday-Sunday Drop For A Superhero Pic

"You couldn’t have emptied North American theaters where the movie screened faster if you’d yelled ‘fire’ in the middle of the auditoriums."

-Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-sets-record-with-worst-friday-sunday-drop-for-superhero-pics/#6bcf1c776d72

:lol: What is this poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I loving love that even when the movie does well people will take ANY pot shots at it to deem it a bad movie. Eat poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Codependent Poster posted:

Would you say this applies to Age of Ultron as well?

I haven't seen this kind of vitriol before, either here or on various sites.

• Locked thread