Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thor 2 is terrible - it's TV movie bad. Hell, Thor 1 wasn't even that good - I think I only really enjoyed the poo poo with him learning about Earth. But aside from that everything else was forgettable. Hiddleston camps it the gently caress up and is probably the only good take away from it all.

Rhyno posted:

I mean, i think the Wolverine is a pretty good flick so my opinion is worth fuckall so keep that in mind.

The Wolverine is actually decent - I was totally surprised and loved everything about it - the goddamn ninjas getting fed into a mulcher just sealed the deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Everything is racist when you think about it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So you enjoyed the what, 4 or 5 reused dungeon layouts? The watered down combat? The poo poo story?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tony's funeral now in Lego form.

Just kidding - Hulk dies.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SPOILERS

[spoiler]

[/spoilz]

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lego always had the prebuilt stuff like with cities, castles, pirates, spaceships, etc.

Then they almost went bankrupt.

And once they started doing licensed stuff they are now one of the biggest companies out there. Just got the Slave-1 ship that is like 2000 pieces and is huge - it's fun as hell to build and super relaxing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bring me a proper version of Mister Freeze. Hell, just recreate the animated series "Heart of Ice".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EtHfr0eBA4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've never seen so much vested interest in watching a movie fail.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving babies with, "omg where's the funnnnnn"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thanks Kelly. :unsmith:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Colonel Whitey posted:

As long as we're just blurting out opinions, I think Doctor Strange looks great. It has a killer cast and the costumes are very cool. I've never seen a Scott Derrickson movie though, hopefully he doesn't suck.

Sinister was alright but everything else he's done has been dreck - low tier poo poo horror (I love horror but his moves are embarrassing).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Darko posted:

You're like the exact opposite of me. Female gaze buddy movie Thor was by far the most interesting part to me. I don't care/like the badly directed action at the end or the beginning outside some of the imagery.

:agreed:

Thor on Earth is the best part of an otherwise forgettable movie. In fact I don't really remember anything other than the coffee shop being funny.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Steve2911 posted:

"Magical guy from another world/time ends up in modern day USA and is confused by things" is pretty much the worst trope.

Ok Debbie Downer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hawkeye is goddamn terrible. He should have died in Avengers 2.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pablo Gigante posted:

Man-Bat's neither evil nor a Batman copy

The animated series episodes of Man-bat were so goddamn good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wasnt there a island of Dr. Moreau episode with him too and more animal-human hybrids? The cat lady story was good too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'm a huge fan of Snyder on the whole, but can you imagine something like Joker's "magic trick" or Batman beating the gently caress out of him in the interrogation room under his watch? Nolan didn't really linger on the violence in TDK, so it was probably much less scarring for young children.

On the other hand, I could totally imagine a 7 year old getting really confused watching TDK, while being able to parse BvS perfectly.

They would have loved it.

Just as kids in the 80s loved seeing Jesse Ventura have his guts blasted out of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6YQbdlpr-8

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Steve2911 posted:

I don't know. It seemed pretty organic. Especially compared to the clustercunt that is the DCU so far.

Clustercunt.

By all metrics things are moving along swimmingly. Justice League filming, Wonder Woman filming. No plans to cancel the other movies. In fact two more added.

But no, let's be Devin Faraci and make up bullshit that everything has gone to hell.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Steve2911 posted:

What does the continuing production or success of the movies have to do with how good they are?

It means despite all the backlash and overblown bullshit that everything is going full steam ahead. There is no clustercunt as you so beautifully put it. People actually do want to see the universe Zack Snyder is directing.

If we followed that logic the door would have shut when Iron Man 2 came out.

There's room for both and it infuriates me that people want to homogenize the poo poo out of everything.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

broken clock opsec posted:

Surprise, it's Fresh Prince Will Smith.

gently caress I hope so - I flipped to it this week and it was the episode where Will doesn't wanna go to the basketball game down in front row. Instant laughs. What a goddamn classic show.

Also, yah -- that trailer looks awesome. I cannot wait to go on that ride. :)

E: Also, Harley Quinn is known for exploiting her sexuality and taking advantage of others. It doesn't work out well for them very well. She's insanely dangerous. Hope she gets to use that hammer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've come to not even caring about money made - Dredd made gently caress all and it's one of the best goddamn action movies ever made (akin to the 80s classics like Predator, Die Hard, Terminator, etc. etc). The dick measuring contest is getting stale.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NriOZ6ofj_Q

My favorite scene in the whole goddamn thing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Clearly the Falcon broke that guys larynx with that clothesline and now he can't talk. This is too violent.

NOT MY FALCON

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Detective No. 27 posted:

Suicide Squad: Out of Their Cells Tour

This is beautiful. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kill all nerds.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ugh, that is super disappointing to here. Unless this Kong is a goddamn insane monster he stands no chance vs. Godzilla.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That Godzilla trailer is beautiful.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I said come in! posted:

Not just you, that was some confusing editing. I understood what was going on but there could have been better ways to do that action sequence.

Here is the actual video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUTxijFgwLs

That is a garbage fight scene. Nothing looks like it has any impact - just dancing around. Winter Soldier gets elbowed in the loving head multiple times but he's fine? Come on.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

site posted:

Yeah mmhmm no doubt and have you guys seen that airport charge scene? looks like trash imo

Sorry that your favorite series fight scenes are trash.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I want to see more people talk about "what they would do" in some more fight scenes.

SA houses some of the best fighters around the world.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

multijoe posted:

Lex is trying to debase and humiliate the senator and in the end all he can do is piss in a jar and blow her up. It's crude toilet humour used to illustrate a wider character point and it does the job fine

He was taking her earlier tough talk and throwing it in her face you dolt.

quote:

Lex Luthor: Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator? Can I call you June?
Senator Finch: You can call me whatever you like. Take a bucket of piss and call it Granny's Peach Tea; take a weapon of assassination and call it deterrence. You won't fool a fly or me. I'm not gonna drink it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"multijoe posted:

:words:

Maybe I overreacted. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

But my psychiatrist says that going cold turkey is bad for me. As a compromise am I allowed to wean myself down to one post per day, if I provide a doctor's note?

You're really upset.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shageletic posted:

That dialogue is terrible! You can't just make up sayings and pretend they're a real thing people say.

Anyhoo, this has already probably been posted, but grok this fun ad for Apocalypse: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/15/quicksilver-manipulates-mutant-abilities-in-x-men-apocalypse-sky/

Like I'm gonna take someone who unironically uses "grok" seriously. :cheeky:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Land of the Lost, while not great, is way way better than it has any right to be.

I was laughing so hard at the southern guys coming out of the tunnel and the dead pan, "you killed him?"

Wish I could find a clip - it was way funnier in the movie I think... it's been a while.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow, I hope those cities were emptied. :( All those lives...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NecroMonster posted:

and why the hell did they shoot the movie in such a low resolution?

You're smarter than this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks like Punisher is getting his own series on Netflix.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/29/11535694/the-punisher-marvel-netflix-series-daredevil-spinoff

quote:

After months of rumors, Netflix has officially given the green light for a The Punisher series. Entertainment Weekly reports that Marvel has just ordered a new series starring the gun-toting vigilante first introduced in Daredevil season 2. Jon Bernthal is set to reprise the role of Frank Castle, army veteran turned anti-hero, for the show. Writer and producer Steven Lightfoot will serve as showrunner.

THE SIXTH MARVEL SERIES ON NETFLIX

The Punisher, which will follow Frank Castle's quest for bloody justice in Hell's Kitchen, will be the sixth series in Marvel's stable of Netflix shows. It joins the likes of Daredevil, the Peabody Award-winning Jessica Jones, and the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders on the streaming network.

The decision to launch a new series with the Punisher makes sense. Apart from both Daredevil and Jessica Jones receiving strong reviews from critics in the last year, Bernthal's performance as Frank Castle was praised by critics for its rawness. There's no word yet on when the series will premiere, but expect Castle to make his return at some point in the next few years.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/726041802080317440

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Good loving riddance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Scyantific posted:

Actually it was pretty obvious that WB/DC were expecting Avengers/GOTG levels of cash with BvS, and anyone who thought otherwise is delusional.

Oh, you're on the board? What else do you know?

Explain your "pretty obvious"

E: Expecting things to be home runs is your own fault.

• Locked thread