Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whedon is a weird rear end dude and we can all be grateful he is gone now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PiedPiper posted:

Is it me or is editing super weird?

Some of the punches look fake as hell, too.

Not just you, that was some confusing editing. I understood what was going on but there could have been better ways to do that action sequence.

Here is the actual video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUTxijFgwLs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

That is a garbage fight scene. Nothing looks like it has any impact - just dancing around. Winter Soldier gets elbowed in the loving head multiple times but he's fine? Come on.

Dare Devil is a show that gets this correct.

Terrible Horse posted:

I thought the other way. Guy went toe to toe with Cap in the last movie, there's no reason any of these dorks should be even slowing him down except maybe Panther.

Yeah, I had thought that the Winter Soldier had the same abilities as Captain America. Didn't Hydra use the same injection that made Captain America into a superhuman soldier?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In hindsight the jar of piss scene was really easy to understand, but viewing it for the first time I get why people didn't connect the dots; because BvS is painfully boring and therefore hard to follow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Timby posted:

Some early X-Men Apocalypse reviews are starting to come out and they are ... less than flattering.

I figured as much. I dunno, the trailers never grabbed me like the previous two movies did. The premise, the dialog, the action sequences shown, just none of it looked any good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rurea posted:

It just looks really manufactured and effect-heavy. But I guess that's what you get when you have a dozen mutants with crazy, comicbook powers.

Actually I was wrong, this is the only cool thing from the trailers;

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bruce Banner/The Hulk is going to be in this. :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yesterday I watched Dredd for the first time and was surprised how relatively grounded in reality it was. I was expecting more of a Blade Runner-setting, but it has just enough sci-fi and dystopian elements inserted into a fairly close to reality setting to be quite unsettling. Really enjoyed it, it's got a strong 80s vibe and it's pretty much exactly what I was expecting The Raid to be.

Dredd was pretty low budget and bombed in theaters. :/ The world of Mega City One in the comicbook is pretty much like Los Angeles in Blade Runner, or any other cyberpunk sci-fi city. That said though, Dredd is also the best comic book movie. Pete Travis (the director) and Karl Urban both want to do a sequel but it sounds like that will never happen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I loved the first game. Netherrealm makes the best fighting titles right now. I think what I loved the most about the previous game though was all of the movie costumes that made it in. I'm looking forward to seeing everything from BvS, Suicide Squad, and the remade DC characters from the last year.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Pretty sure all the TV series mention the invasion at least once. Otherwise I'm not sure what you expect them to do, although a flashback episode to show what they were doing during the invasion would be pretty sweet.

Yes this, that scene in Batman vs. Superman was the only interesting part of the movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Watchmen is still my favorite comic book movie. The personal struggles of each super hero is what made me love it so much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Thinking about Logan.

It looks so awesome. I can't wait to see this film.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The two local movie theaters for me do not have screening times for Doctor Strange yet??? o.o But they have schedules for Fantastic Beasts, I am so confused right now.

Grendels Dad posted:

It's an old-rear end VW beetle, it's designed to be that way but would probably survive the first Avengers movie.

Absolutely no adult in existence can fit in the back of a VW Beetle basically.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Drifter posted:

New scenes from Infinity War leaked

Infinity War is a poo poo movie if this scene is not in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Doctor Strange was really fun and good. Really loved the references to the previous movies, the quick reference to Civil War was great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Renoistic posted:

I can't say I'm surprised but those scenes doesn't do anything to make the movie less lovely, most of them do the opposite, even.

"All we needed was the Ayer cut guys, then we will get the brilliant Suicide Squad film that was only hinted at!" ...whoops.

Turns out Ayer did a poo poo job on this film and it is beyond saving.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Leave it goons to be joyless fucks. That trailer was hilarious, I am so excited for this movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

seravid posted:

The lighting, the greenscreen, the composition :negative:

Once Marvel movies started going digital (to be fair there were only a handful shot on film) they all suffered from this problem with color. Doctor Strange is a huge step in the right direction and Guardians Volume II looks to be the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Really undecided on this one right now. I like how the generic minions to the bad guys though look like characters out of the video game Destiny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really enjoyed the other two Thor movies so I am looking forward to this one. It looks awesome and I am curious to see how the Hulk got into the situation he is in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MikeJF posted:

To be fair, the film probably hasn't had its full grade pass yet.

I can understand giving the movie the benefit of the doubt but this is pretty typical of Marvel movies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That trailer was amazing, ya'll are dumb as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

935 posted:

Hope there's more to this first part of infinity war because I get the feeling I just saw the whole movie.

I thought Marvel dropped part 2 and was just going to combine everything into one movie?

• Locked thread