Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Eh, Bana Norton and Ruffalo don't look all that alike either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
And he's saving people and poo poo a clear 20 years before he gets the suit and the voice mail.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Darko posted:

Yeah, I've had the BvS score on repeat for days at this point.

Same but just "is she with you" and "men are still good".

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Justin Godscock posted:

In the last episode I saw, Daredevil throws dudes down stairwells and wraps chains around their necks and loving pulls, this is moments after he argues against killing people to The Punisher.. The whole ideal of not-killing is very grey in comics because it relies on intentions and ideals which is another debate altogether.

"There is no such thing" was a funny and canon cop out.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Is that Lego Batman the Movie or Lego Movie Batman the Movie?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

computer parts posted:

I thought this wasn't that Lego Batman. This is just a Batman that happens to be Lego.

It's both, apparently. It's a Lego Batman movie whose Batman just happens to be the Lego Movie Batman.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Codependent Poster posted:

Chris Hemsworth says hello.

Nobody would be talking about Chris Hemsworth today if he hadn't gotten that bit role as Kirks dad that he knocked out of the park, though.

LesterGroans posted:

Why would anyone want TV Flash to be movie Flash? Let them be different.

But you see Agent Coulson

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Some of those bits were also IIRC already done as test sequences before he left the project.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Snowman_McK posted:

Not to mention that what makes Edgar Wright special is the execution, the countless little touches and the expert editing.

Hot Fuzz is still just amazing to watch over and over again, though to me much more so than Shaun of the Dead or World's End.

e: oops

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 24, 2016

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She mentions in BvS that she left "the world of man" for 100 years since that photo was taken so I'm guessing that's an indication that the Wonder Woman standalone film will be pretty goddamned dour, at least towards the end, if it makes her react that way.

She comes back, though. So it wasn't a complete downer.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Phylodox posted:

I find Cara Delevingne's eyebrows unsettling. They make her look constantly reproving and I've done nothing to deserve that.

Absolutely. I take my kid to the mall and there she is staring at me. Her eyebrows follow me around.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
KRANG.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

The only thing I wish this movie cribbed from Marvel was Marvel's patience.

And less threatening to flame thrower people.

Iron Man flamethrowers people flat out in his first outing. But I guess it's fine because Marvel "did it right".

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

Iron Man murdered terrorists who were keeping him hostage to make weapons to kill more people. Probably would've chopped his head off too.

I'm very okay with self defense movie murder. Not okay with flaming throwing people's moms

By the time he was fully armored none of those dicks could do poo poo to him but he still set everything on fire including people instead of just turning a cheek and activating the jetpack. That's not "self defense".

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Opening night we got the batcave teasers. I guess they're swapping out different teasers?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Darko posted:

Because they have a clean 6 weeks or so with no competition now.

It's this reason. 6 weeks in which its competition is The Huntsman and Jungle Book.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Boob Marley posted:

Exactly. Thank you.
They were originally slated for May. Then when Mr. American Part III announced it would also be in May, DC backed the gently caress out.

Correction: They were originally slated for December until The Force Awakens moved to December. I hope you wouldn't fault any other movie for getting the hell out of the way of loving Star Wars.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

computer parts posted:

Now you know who scenes like this are for:

Also Snyder just happened to film Cavill against stained glass Garden of Gethsemane. By accident. The night before Superman reveals himself and turns himself in to Pontius Swanwick.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
We're going to get Justice League 1 before these guys' solo movies right? I'd love for like 5 minute segments of like Batman and Wonder Woman trying to corner a skittish Flash to try to deliver an invitation.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh drat, was looking forward to Batman scaring heroes into joining him.

That's what I'm getting at.

For example:

wyoming posted:

I mean, we might still get that in Justice League.
At least there's always this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s4knWZ6yVs

Yes please.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

I guess I'm just assuming in JL it'd be more brief and probably rounding up several of them at once to pitch the idea of Super Friends. Then again it's JL part 1, so the first hour could be just recruitment scenes.

To be fair, post-credits stingers like the Marvel Method are even briefer than that. What I'm saying is I'm more expecting a good chunk of JL1 to consist of the kind stuff that people complained about with Iron Man II, but integrated into Avengers 1.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
They should've really gotten Oprah to play Waller.

(Viola Davis is more than fine)

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That doesn't make it any less likely that they were scared of the possibility of it bombing. It just worked out well for them.

There's being kind of worried and then there's the state of abject panic that replacing a director and rewriting 3-4 movies implies. One of them is a literal fevered wet dream by a piece of human excrement.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah that's pretty ugly but it seems like people get more mad about him getting a rumor about Batman wrong than him attacking people on Twitter

Hello, it's just because the intersection is this thread, then yes that's what you're going to see.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
There's also like, no loving way that's in act 1 like the rumors say, because everyone's already in their respective camps.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

I'm more thinking the sweet release of ... from his contract.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

It's entirely possible that's how the film starts and then we get a "THREE WEEKS EARLIER" blurb.

Introduce Spider-Man, flash backwards, then flash forwards. I like your thinking.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
The movie opens on Peter's parents' death--turns out they were killed by HYDRA, and the resolution of the movie hinges on Uncle Ben getting mugged and killed.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Gorn Myson posted:

Have Wonder Woman pick up a newspaper with the headline "World War 1: Hundreds Killed in Four Year War" near the end so we know its just a light hearted but meaningful movie where the superheroes act like superheroes.

Make that article be page 10, front page can be pizza rat.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Personified Drone.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Wedding Bomber.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Extrajudicial Murder.

Wait, that's all of them.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Kurzon posted:

But he's from WW2, the last time everyone agreed America did the right thing!

What's super-funny about this to me is they still had to make his WW2 enemies Double-Nazis.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Clayface is the one remaining member of the gallery that has never been depicted in live action yet right? That's what I'd like to see them go with.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Electromax posted:

Spiderman 3 had sandman, basically the same guy named after a different corner of the soil triangle. Never seen it but I've heard it's bad though.

Sandman was probably the stronger of the villains in Spiderman 3. And no, the two are not much alike.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Pirate Jet posted:

The Dark Knight is a loving incredible movie that I can't talk about because I saw it when I was 16 and immediately became one of *those* people about it and ruined it for all my friends. I rewatch it every year or so and can still defend my position in much less annoying terms, now.

I also see that it seems to be general consensus that TDKR sucks but I haven't heard any good arguments as to why.

TDKR was good, actually.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

The MSJ posted:

Vince Neil should be thankful that Cage is not preparing for a role as a deadly martial artist assassin.

You know who Cage should have played? This guy.

Cage also has a thing with pyramids.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Gyges posted:

Didn't the switch in control of Marvel Movies make a huge difference with a lot of the people who were talking about leaving, or was it just the dump trucks full of money?

AIUI it was both the one and the same. Perlmutter was lowballing everyone to poo poo and only RDJ commanded the big checks.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

PurplieNurplie posted:

It makes me curious, if that's true, what Evans's issue(s) with Whedon were/are. Guy seems likable enough, just not the best fit for directing the Avengers movies.

Made him wear the ugly helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I'm pretty sure there's still a contingent here holding out unironic hope for Triple H for some role or other.

• Locked thread