Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yeah, though there's unfortunately still a limit to what that would have been worth given the time constraints. Fury Road was exhaustively planned out.

I'm sure. But I'm certain he would have made the scenes with Bruce and Alfred standing in the plane and the reshoot of Aquaman jumping in the water look better.

I'm thinking back to Fury Road and as far as action and tone, Miller has got a very similar style to Snyder. And nerds love Miller so much. I don't get it. Is it because it's supposed to be obvious that the Mad Max world sucks so there's no power fantasy being uppended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Superman never gets an opportunity to speak. His attempt to defend himself blows up in his face.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He's an inspired choice for Lex. I loved his speech at the party.
Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is paradoxical and, um... thank you for coming.

Eisenberg ad-libbing that is hilarious and impressive.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nice fantasy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think all the claims came from when he said he wants to remake The Fountainhead. People instantly jumped on calling him an Objectivist, but someone posited the more likely idea that he wants to explore a movie about an artist and how people percieve the artist's work or something to that effect.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm imagining the Snyder breaking the assistant's neck gif but with George Washington and King George standing in Superman and Zod's place.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I didn't laugh at the Pikachu moment. My girlfriend and I just kinda looked at each other wondering what we just saw.

The twister scene is really good. Comic book audiences just aren't equipped to deal with sincere moments anymore.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Electromax posted:

The concept was fine, Costner was great, the lesson or whatever being sincere to Clark is good, i think that single shot is so stupid-looking and wish they had found a different shot or sequence to depict it. Even having Costner wince a tiny bit from the splinters hitting his eyes or something. You could say this is Clark's adult nightmare recollection of the event instead of the real thing but I don't think it's fair to suggest anyone who didn't like the scene is just emotionally stunted. There are a lot of sincere moments in MoS that people DO like, like the first time he flies and his conversation with Lois.

Spljnters? Splinters would have made the scene better?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wincing would have changed the entire mood of his sacrifice. The scene is about faith. It would be like if Luke screamed when he chose to fall at the end of Empire Strikes Back.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He did, but then he took it back out in a later edition. I'm pretty sure it's not in the blurays.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Even without the scream the vacuum tube saving him muddles the scene anyway and its not clear he was suiciding

That vacuum tube lead to a bottomless cloud sea. The point of the scene was that Luke would rather have died than join Vader.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh and I was gonna make a post about Superman being able to see Johnathan Kent. But I don't recall the movie ever showing that Clark had supervision. He had x-ray vision and heat vision, but not eagle vision.

Edit: Also both were demonstrated to be horrifying to have.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 6, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hopefully James Wan kept the footage and his editor in a top secret location far from WB agents.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd rather not watch Cyborg get horribly murdered.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I would like to watch The Rock give someone a deadly Moe, however.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

Dare I as who The Ray is?

A very bit player in Uncle Sam's Freedom Fighters. They all got the gently caress killed a few issues prior.

Recently, (a good decade after this comic got published) people got very angry when they announced he's getting his own tv show and that he's gay now. Nobody ever had any passion for that character one way or the other before that news.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm no arbiter of who works as a female gaze and who doesn't, but last I heard Nightwing is huge among female fans. They should definitely fast track a Nightwing centered movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Holy gently caress I forgot about that. How do you cut out Willem DaFoe??

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm imagining fish loot boxes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Red Snapper!?!?!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Cyborg movie will be about a mad Star Labs scientist using the Mother Box to 8 Cyborg Masters with various gimmick powers. The audience has to use their phones to vote the order in which Cyborg kills them and absorbs their powers.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

Could Aquaman mind control fresh water fish too? Because it would be pretty neat sending out swarms of pirhanas to skeletonize guys.

He can. In fact, in Brave and the Bold, Aquaman was able to communicate with silverfish just because "fish" is in their name.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok someone please explain this Keaton thing to me because I don't wanna look it up and have Google think I wanna buy Confederate flags for a while.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Penpal posted:

A kid named Keaton went viral after he was filmed crying and describing how he is bullied. Chris Evans invited Keaton and his mom to the Avengers premiere. Turns out his mom made some racist tweets

Solution: Invite the kid and his mom to the show but load the preshow with Confederacy-shaming PSAs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

We do, actually.

Maybe you're just bad at watching movies.

That could have merely scratched her. We don't see how deep it goes into her.

She could have a burst appendix and Norman was trying to help her. We don't know.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Lies! There is a vastly superior cut of MoS which is exactly the same but then drained all the color then readded MORE color than it started with, with both versions shown on top of eachother

It's called the "What if Man of Steel was IN COLOR?" cut

This is the cut where a YouTube content creator personally comes to your house and jams knives in your eyes, right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wisecrack uploaded a video today in their What Went Wrong series about Man of Steel. I tuned in to see what they could possibly say about it. Less than a minute in "By trying to graft drakness and grit into a character devoid of such qualities, Man of Steel stumbles into a mess..."

He said that as he played a scene where Superman is enveloped by a bright white light.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm 2.5 minutes in and it's already in Not My Superman territory. I'm gonna play some SNES games now instead.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

DC kinda shot themselves in the foot with those DKR and Year One adaptations and now they're having trouble selling the graphics novels because people just watch the movies instead. Who knew being too accurate to the source material could have such adverse effects?

(Weller as Batman is fantastic casting.)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Well they definitely want you hook you in to buy the monthly comics. It's quite the gateway drug. They do those movie/graphic novel combos though. Dunno how much those help them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

"This acquisition reflects a changing media landscape increasingly defined by transformative technology and evolving consumer expectations" Disney CEO Bob Iger said in a call with investors and analysts. "Today's empowered consumers want more: more compelling, high quality entertainment; more access to content; more choice; and more convenience."

"Which is why we're trying to create a monopoly."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kevin Fiegie in five years:

"Our next film, X-Men Invasion is totally based on Straw Dogs."

*Is not much like Straw Dogs

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

K. Waste please release your noir cut before the internet starts to suffer from the necrosis.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

I wish I could at least read the script Snyder filmed, if I can't see his full movie.

And maybe storyboards + classical paintings he was going put superheroes in.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope it goes through or not.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coco lost a lot of balls when it was revealed that Ernesto De La Cruz was revealed not to be Miguel's great great grandfather after all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just started Spider-Man Homecoming. You guys weren't kidding about Michael Keaton being the unironic hero.

And since when was 2012 eight years ago?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, I can't hate on The Spirit. The solution to portraying a villain who's never been seen before being Samuel L Jackson in an increasingly different costume every scene is inspired.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You'll be resending the improved version to everyone, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Beavis might be the first movie I watch in 2018.

• Locked thread