Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CannonFodder posted:

Skeeters and bedbugs can gently caress right off. And stinkbugs, nothing eats them.

Some birds eat stinkbugs apparently, but they don't do it nearly enough to matter.

Boon posted:

Can't forget about Jindal and Abbot.

Having no experience with the states outside of what I read (except Walker)

1. Sam Brownback
2. Rick Snyder
3. Scott Walker
4. Bobby Jindal
5. Paul LePage

Outside of being obviously racist, I don't know how damaging LePage has been.

LePage isn't in the top 5 simply because he's too stupid to know how the veto process in his state works. Brownback, Synder, and Walker are definitely the Top 3 by a goddamn mile though. I'd put Synder ahead of Brownback because I haven't heard of Brownback ignoring a city being poisoned like Synder did.

Kro-Bar posted:

Here in Oklahoma there's talk about reducing the number of school days to 4 next year in order to save money. Conservative principles at work!

It's going to be terrifying to see what happens in the coming years when entire states worth of students are immediately rejected by most universities due to the states having horrifically poor education results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Night10194 posted:

Hell, I wouldn't even be able to blame them. Yeah, the guy's awful, but to have your party clearly throw out the entire primary vote to get the result they wanted? People would be right to be pissed off and disenfranchised.

If Trump lacks enough total votes to take the nomination but is still leading in delegates at the convention but the GOP picks someone else then the damage is going to be greater than just accepting him as the nominee. This is true for Rubio or Cruz as well. Not going with the one leading in delegates is going to take some crazy finesse that the GOP isn't going to have. The GOP will hold its nose and take Trump if he's leading the pack because if they don't he could very well spite gently caress them as hard as possible to not only ensure they don't win the White House, but also put downticket races at risk due to splintered votes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Northjayhawk posted:

If Trump gets a majority of delegates, we may have one anyway, if they decide to change the rules and unbind all the delegates.

That won't win the election since the Trump voters will riot, but at that point it can still make sense if you are the GOP. Trump at the head of your ticket would be an epic loving disaster, and could actually lose you the house, and who knows how much damage that hasn't already been inflicted for a generation. If you swap him out for a clean-cut well-spoken harmless latino Rubio at the top of the ticket through skullduggery, Hillary still wins because of a Trump revolt, but maybe you can salvage congress and protect the GOP's brand somewhat. You could even defiantly brag that you destroyed that evil racist demagogue for bonus PR.

The GOP is not going to go nuclear on itself if Trump is looking like the nominee. They'll change rules afterwards to try and control the process more in the future but if Trump goes in to the convention with the majority of delegates either they convince him not to run, somehow, or they accept him as the nominee unless they want to give up the presidency to the Dems and possibly some congressional races due to the chaos that would result in a gently caress Trump action. Just because they shifted things last-second to deny Ron Paul a chance to speak in 2012 doesn't mean they can safely oust the frontrunner in 2016.

Hollismason posted:

If Trump wins Florida then it's I think time to say that's all she wrote.

He's going to win Florida and probably Ohio and at that point Kaisch and Rubio are finished if they haven't given up by then. I'm angry at how many people actually buy in to the "Kaisch the moderate" bullshit though. It doesn't take much effort to read about him and see that no, he's just as right wing as the others. He's just not a loud evangelical on the level of Cruz, Huckster, and Santorum.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

So do most of us, now if only we could turn that into a movement to repeal the 22nd amendment.

Thanks to that amendment instead of a 3rd Clinton term we ended up with Fuckup jr. No idea what the 2004 election would've looked like but I'd be amazed if Obama wouldn't have run away with it in 2008 unless Bill was running for a 5th term or something.

They're finally going to start rounding up all those Bundy Ranch shitheads?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

Dipshit Bundy bridge sniper also got rounded up, btw:

https://twitter.com/Patztense/status/705482828088274945

It's posts like this that make wading through the dumb goony slapfights worth it. I hope this guy was crying like a baby when he got cuffed and lead away to his new live in prison and a permanent loss of legal firearm ownership. :byewhore:

El Disco posted:

I don't think they're very rich, so yes.

They are comedy gold.

Casimir Radon posted:

So, Caitlyn Jenner wants to be Cruz's trans-ambassador. Why is it we're supposed to love this piece of poo poo now?

Because they're a brave (ie: famous) trans person.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm glad that today on this day you have learned that many of us here on SA are hypocritical assholes.

Also not all of us are leftists. :shrug:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Jimbozig posted:

I don't understand how they expect this brokered convention to work. Let's say Trump gets 45%, Cruz 25%, Rubio 20%, Kasich 10%. I can see how they could count on Rubio and Kasich's delegates to fall in line behind Rubio/Romney/Ryan or whatever GOPe stooge. But why would they expect Cruz's delegates to do the same once they are unbound?

I'm not sure how they could expect delegates to fall in line behind not-Trump if Trump is sitting on 40% or more of the delegates and you have the others maybe breaking 30% if they're lucky. Doing so ensures that Trump makes it his mission to rally his supporters and destroy the GOP by any means necessary. If Trump leads the pack going in to the convention they either need to pick him or convince him to let someone else take the mantle. loving him over ensures that he can now play the ultimate victim card against the GOP and they'd be throwing away the presidency short of Clinton being indicted in late October for her emails, which is about as likely as Obama nominating himself to the SCOTUS.

If they could gently caress Trump and he'd cry while fading in to the shadows that's one thing, but they can't. If they gently caress Trump he's going to get louder than ever and even if he can't get on the ballot as a 3rd party he's going to do everything he can to push people to not vote for the GOP's puppet candidate.

The GOP would have to be insane to risk the election this year. If they have any hope of winning the White House in 2016 it'd mean total control over the government for at least two years, probably 4+, while ratfucking Trump to save the party would cost them the White House and possibly 2 years of Senate control. After the GOP's latest bullshit even 2 years of a Dem-held Senate + WH means they're going to appoint every last thing they possibly can while also putting the screws to Ryan as much as possible. Meanwhile, even a Trump win would mean the GOP has unrestricted reign over the country.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

outside of wages, that's a pretty good jobs report. i dunno what can be done on wages at this point tbh.

Reverting the tax rates to what they were in the 50s and 60s, then putting that money back in to social programs and infrastructure would be nice as a starting point. It's about as likely as laws being passed that abolishes the private for-profit prison system or outlawing the popular election of judges and DAs.

Fried Chicken posted:

Let's talk about the nightmare that is Louisiana, shall we?

Louisiana's public defense system could collapse without renewed cash flow

I appreciate that Gov Edwards is fresh in office and dealing with the pile of poo poo handed to him by Jindal. I appreciate that he has to deal with a republican legislature, greatly constraining his options. But this is loving unconscionable. I have no idea how this is going to withstand constitutional challenge.

And I'm disgusted that the article ends with whining about how the wealthy of Louisiana will be upset about people being held indefinitely without trial being released rather than seeing the horror of what is being done to the poor here.

If a person has zero means of being represented in court doesn't that put the validity of said court proceedings in to question? Telling poor people "you have the right to an attorney, if you can't afford one gently caress you" doesn't seem like it'd hold up. I'm sure I'm wrong though since our judicial system is a loving monster that even if judges have to just start letting people back on the street it'll already have done its damage to them.

Jindal needs to be put on trial and then sent to the chair for loving his state as badly as he did (same with Snyder, Brownback, and a few others). If we're going to keep the death penalty around then it should at least be used on people who deserve it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Northjayhawk posted:

Which 3rd party with 50-state ballot access would nominate him? The Libertarians or the Greens wouldn't do it. July is too late to get on any of the ballots for an independent run.

Yes they would. Using Trump means getting far more votes than they normally do and IIRC those parties normally fail to hit the threshold for fund eligibility. Using Trump to siphon votes to their party could result in hitting that threshold which would benefit them in future race. It's not like they have anything to lose.

Lote posted:

This is one of those "So crazy it might work ideas" but what if the Republican party did not nominate anyone? The election would turn into a defacto mid term and depress Dem turnout thereby ensuring Republican control of the House and possibly the Senate.

If the GOP didn't nominate a candidate it would be the Democrats vs a bunch of small time groups like the Greens and Libertarians. The GOP would not only be giving up the White House without a fight, they'd also likely lose a lot of Senate and House seats due to hugely depressed/split vote results. Not having any nominee would probably be the only thing more damaging than ratfucking Trump out of the nomination if he has a commanding lead in delegates. The GOP would be dead as a party and there'd probably be a new (likely several new) groups formed in the lead up to 2018 since the GOP would have shown itself to be completely worthless and its own members wouldn't be able to trust it any more. Not nominating someone means the party is dead.

porfiria posted:

What, fundamentally, is the establishment's issue with Trump? Is it:

A) He's not strictly a Conservative (the wall, tariffs)
B) They think Hillary will annihilate him
C) By becoming president (and maybe even by being nominated) he'd become the de facto head of the party and he's got no feeling obligation to them at all
D) They have some actual sense of moral responsibility (he might do pogroms)
E) They have absolutely no idea what he'd do once in office

The establishment's issues are:

1 - He has zero reason to obey (mega)donors like the Koch bros or Adelson(who he has mutual hatred with, iirc).
2 - He uses a bullhorn instead of a dogwhistle for racism and other long-standing GOP platforms.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Capt. Sticl posted:

Isn't Trump polling way ahead of them both in Florida? Why would you spend money defeating someone that is losing anyway? How can professional politicians and organizers be so incompetent at running campaigns?

The more crushing the defeat for Rubio in Florida, the harder it becomes for him to justify staying in the race. Cruz somehow thinks he could take on Trump but the reality is that if Rubio drops then Kaisch is going to rush to grab as many Rubio supporters as possible as the 'voice of reason' (gently caress every last person who thinks this about him) and try to position himself as the sane choice if Trump can't get 50% of the delegates.

Though after Kaisch loses Ohio hopefully he'll be pressured to get out as well.

Yoshifan823 posted:

If this election cycle ends with Mitt loving Romney as the Republican Nominee after all of this batshit insane stuff, I'm gonna be so mad. It's like ending your epic sci-fi novel with "and they lived happily ever after" right before the climactic battle.

I want explosions! I want fighting! I want strange orange-colored beings attempting to win over an entire population! Mitt is the antithesis of interesting, exciting, and climactic.

It's more like "and they lived happily ever after" is written after the massive bloodbath where one side ripped itself apart like a pack of rabid wolverines while the other side sat and watched in fascinated horror.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cugel the Clever posted:

Ha, excuse me for not realizing you weren't defining 'not vote' normally, rather than 'not vote for Clinton'. I'm not voting for Clinton, regardless. Sorry that the only responses I get on my criticism of her resemble that of A Winner is Jew, above. It boggles the mind how party hacks will handwave such blatant corruption as 'just the way the system works'.

So when Bernie doesn't get the nomination you're going to passive-aggressively support the GOP instead? Congrats on being everything that posters were just making fun of.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Sorry for exercising my right to vote for someone other than one of the dirtiest people in politics?

What else have you learned from talk radio?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

So how hosed is the state of Louisiana after hurricane jindal?

Hurricane Katrina is in awe of the damage caused by Jindal.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

cheese eats mouse posted:

While all you slap fight something good happened Friday and it's making Heller look less likely to happen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/05/us/politics/supreme-court-blocks-louisiana-abortion-law.html?_r=0

"Only Justice Clarence Thomas noted a dissent from the order Friday, suggesting that the vote had been 7 to 1, but justices do not always disclose their dissenting votes on such orders. In the order blocking the Texas law in June, the court’s four most conservative members noted their dissents, making it clear that the vote had been 5 to 4."

It's far too unreasonable to hope that Texas's law/argument is so awful that Roberts and Alito find it to be total bullshit, right? Like if 7 of them voted for the stay it's more likely that they just want to be consistent while the current case is being heard while Thomas just wants to consistently be Thomas?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It's a shame that Scalia couldn't take this guy with him somehow. It's like someone saw Michael Moore, took his negative aspects, and distilled them in to their pure form and then injected it in the first crazy conservative they could find.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

About as many as abandoned their vote after Hillary didn't get the nod in 2008, which is not very many.

Can't wait for the ultra-racist bernieis45.com website to spring up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

stinkles1112 posted:

Day by day, those conspiracy theories about Trump being a deep-cover Democratic operative seem less and less conspiratorial...

If Trump gets the nomination then gets blown out in November and immediately follows it up with a concession speech where he talks about getting in to the race after making a huge bet with Bill (since they spoke shortly before he announced, apparently) that he could win by saying all the terrible poo poo that the GOP's base wants to hear, it'd be the perfect end to this and all other elections.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Basically I see D electoral map, barring some unforeseen events, being this at worst: http://www.270towin.com/maps/5L3xE

And I find it hard to believe they won't be able to carry the two of Iowa and NH to get over the minimum.

Depending on how effective the GOP has been at loving with the ability to vote in FL and OH those could end up red this year (Florida likely will without some solid Dem turnout). Though taking either of those or at least Virgina should be more than possible for Dems. Taking 2, let alone all 3 again, and it's basically impossible for the GOP to win even if a bunch of other states that should be blue go red.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't think you have to worry about jaded democrats staying home, particularly if its against people as revolting as Cruz or Trump.

The biggest worry for Democrats would be Kasich or Rubio, but neither of them are going to be the nominee.

I'd believed Rubio to be the biggest threat to Hilary in the general but after seeing how readily and easily people buy in to Kasich being a moderate I think he'd be worse. People would see a moderate, while, older guy and that'd just be too appealing as 'normal' for them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The saddest part was definitely when conservatives kept dragging vilerat's mom into the national spotlight

Don't worry, if/when Clinton gets the nomination it's pretty much guaranteed she'll be brought out a few more times. :smith:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Personally I'm looking forward to the 2024 race.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/aD4G8

:getin:

Unless I missed the part where President Clinton lets people hunt Texas conservatives for sport, Texas isn't going blue in 2024.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

1337JiveTurkey posted:

If the kid wasn't strapped, then how'd she get shot in the first place?

She probably put her purse next to him and he was able to get her gun out of it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

How is the FDA unable to ban raw milk at the federal level and make all these state-level moronic laws moot?

Slate Action posted:

If trump got 53% of white guys in the general he would lose in a landslide. He needs something like 70%.

51 to 38 is a pretty big landslide, so yes.

I think they mean the trooper didn't violate his rights by rear-ending him? It's poorly written either way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Radish posted:

It never ceases to amaze me that when your state is facing economic instability, losing jobs, and people are barely able to make ends meet and the elected officials have all the time in the world to fight for these dumbshit identity politics issues like making raw milk legal.

Mr. Wookums posted:

Good on WV to legalize raw milk. It's much more tasty than pasteurized and easier to make your own milk products. Assuming responsible production safer for making those products too.

Posts like these are why you don't touch drink the poop.

zoux posted:

There are a lot of very vocal people that believe that raw milk can cure autism.

Well if the autistic person is dead I guess they're sorta cured?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Radish posted:

Why am I being included there?

I apparently quoted the wrong person because I had a bunch of tabs open. This wouldn't have happened if I drank Raw Milk. :downs:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

"I'm not drinking raw milk for ~health benefits~ I'm drinking it because it tastes better, checkmate goons. :smuggo:"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So am I the only one in this thread who doesn't pay for bad WaPo articles or are you all bypassing the paywall and that's why you keep linking their articles?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

I honestly had no idea WaPo had a paywall. I've never run into it. NYT has their "you've reached your limit on free articles" which is bypassed by clearing cache and cookies but I really don't know what I've done to never see WaPo's paywall.

Noscript used to bypass it for me but it stopped awhile ago for some reason. :shrug:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dexo posted:

Man There would be nothing in the world more amusing than President Hillary Clinton appointing Obama to the Supreme court as her nominee if the Republicans block the appointment of Obama's choice.

Why do you want Michelle to murder and/or divorce President Obama? Because if he ever ended up on the SCOTUS he'd be living on his own in DC as she loathes it. There's no reason to believe he'd want the job anyways and there are going to be better options than Obama.

Man the part where he says how Cruz and Rubio have the same views as Trump, just not as loudly, is probably going to have them crying so hard about Obama's statements.

Lack of a statement about their intent to ignore his SCOTUS nominee is an opportunity lost, especially as it'd have played well off the "I didn't make them ask about where I was born" stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm really enjoying imagining a W vs Obama race.

If Bill could've run for a third term there's no way W would've run against him. Gore had to be an actively terrible candidate to lose and it still took the SCOTUS to make it happen. Bill would've crushed anyone who challenged him.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I thought they were chanting "we stopped Trump" but after listening a second time I think they're actually chanting "we stumped Trump" which is even better if so.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because trump will come down hard on these people and other protesters now.

When's the next GOP debate? Attacking Trump as a "tough guy" who cancels rallies because of protesters would be good entertainment. Any one of them could hammer Trump on how he's nothing but hot air and how tucked tail and ran when the going got tough.

Ballz posted:

Who's up for some #FlashbackFriday?

Like this. Get on the stage at a debate and smear this poo poo in his face and make him eat it.

Except none of the remaining contenders actually want to go after Trump unless they know he's about to collapse completely. And even then they're even bigger chickenshits than Trump is.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

alpha_destroy posted:

I literally just had a friend who is a Bernie supporter say a third of Bernie supporters will vote Trump if Sanders losses the nom. I said that must mean a third of Bernie supporters are terrible people.

When Trump wins take comfort in knowing that those Bernie Bros shall be the first sent to the camps by the Drumpfstaffel.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

We have no plans for surrender, except when Trump's staff manhandles one of our reporters. When that happens we'll rush to discredit our employee so fast it'll make your head spin.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Boon posted:

Watching today's rally in Ohio... at what point have we reached 'the point of no return'? I don't think we're there yet, I don't think it's even close, but we are accelerating towards it. By the 'point', I mean the moment where Donald Trump has obtained such a fanatical fan base that anything short of him being elected president results in open protests and violence.

I don't mean his rallies, and I don't mean the one-off events like in Milwaukee. I mean national event after event.

I will be legit surprised if there's no violence at the convention if Trump doesn't get the nomination unless he's somehow in 2nd place or worse by the time it comes up. If he has the lead and they screw him after multiple votes? My money's on some crazy supporters snapping.

Same with him getting the nomination and losing in November. Some crazy supporter(s) will think The Clinton Machine stole the election and they'll lash out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

DeusExMachinima posted:

Unless there's something else additionally going on here (why is the cop armored up?), let's not salivate over things that actually do violate free speech.

Germany doesn't have the First Amendment and they explicitly have laws against any pro-Nazi stuff for good reason. I wish the US had a similar amendment regarding the Confederacy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

I hope not but people on both sides cab be extremely lovely. I would like these people to hang by their own petard, not disband because their children are threatened.
If he's actually faking it though, then :laffo:

Let's face it, their claims are fake. "We're interested in protecting Trump from violent leftists... but I can't because those leftists are threatening my child" is zero effort and can easily rile up fellow right wing assholes while stoking the flames.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

IllIllIll posted:

Thoughts on what the Donald would do after he loses, either the nomination or the general? Somehow I don't see him doing the Fox talk show circuit like other also rans but he has no other political office to return to.

Also, who's running his yuuge business empire while he's campaigning? Has he ever addressed that? Does he make great, amazing business deals on the trail?

Trump makes more via The Apprentice than any Fox News talking head does through their own shows.

CelestialScribe posted:

Can someone explain this map to me. Is this implying a democratic win is inevitable?

Never underestimate the power of Democrats to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's the Dems' race to lose. They could still gently caress up somewhere along the way and lose, but short of Clinton getting indicted in October or completely crashing in the debates it should be a Dem win for the WH and a couple senate seats.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

It's not just the Trump supporters, who will stay home. There will be a good number of not-Trump voters who will be disgusted at the party elites overriding the voters who would stay home too. And who do you give the nomination to? It's a poison chalice. Trotting Romney out is going to be the ultimate insult to the base, Rubio has been humiliated enough, and why destroy your party to give the nomination to Cruz (who you don't like and won't win)?

Cruz is the perfect guy though. You know he's hosed but you try anyways and when he fails you point all the blame at him and how the Establishment just can't risk supporting fringe candidates like him in the future.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

He's already missed out on some states (like Michigan) by virtue of running in them and therefore being bound by their sore-loser laws. He would have to run as a write-in candidate there, instead.

Sore loser laws are never going to hold up in a court challenge on the Presidential levels. If you have someone with significant support and you tell people "you're not allowed to vote for him because he ran for a private party's nomination and lost" you're going to get sued and lose.

Maye the state could argue that he can still technically be a write-in candidate but that still forces them to defend why being a write-in is ok but being on the ballot is not. The first time someone actually tries to use Sore Loser Laws against a major candidate those laws are going to get struck down in a hurry.

BobTheJanitor posted:

I like the part where they say no one will care to know the true story behind the picture and proceed to not mention anything about the true story behind the picture. Total tease. I was at least hoping for some B.S. excuse for why tossing a Nazi salute was a reasonable thing to do in any situation ever.

I like where they mention their parents met while his dad was stationed in Germany.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It'd be dumb for Bernie to drop out because with his delegate count doesn't he get a chance to speak at the convention and would lose that by dropping out of the race?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^^ I thought his being gay was just a well known secret (similar to Matt Drudge) and that he's never actually come out?
e: drat your ninja edit.

"S-s-s-stop being so childish. :qq:" - Liberals on twitter responding to this tweet.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Other that sitting politicians and grifters like :newt: most Reublicans are likely to fall in the "process the nomination you fuckers" camp. HW and Jr both probably feel Garland's nomination should be given a fair chance but I'll be surprised if either publicly states it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

ATL has over 200 gates and Delta has 1000 flights a day from ATL. It is completely impossible unless a brand new purpose built airport was built somewhere for them.

ATL was bested only by ORD in terms of aircraft movements last year.

Every city on the East Coast would fight to the death for Delta to move to their location. If you don't think one of those airports would build another terminal just for Delta you're crazy. If Delta packs up and leaves it would cause hundreds of millions of dollars in damage to Atlanta. Coke leaves as well? Atlanta will lose enough jobs that it could become the Detroit of the south.

CelestialScribe posted:

I am growing increasingly terrified that traditionally blue states will flip to Trump due to Clinton's terrible favorability polls.

https://newrepublic.com/article/131537/dont-sure-hillary-clinton-will-crush-donald-trump

Trump is only just hitting 50% support within his own party. His overall unfavorables are still worse than anyone else from any party. The only way Clinton loses to Trump is if she's actually indicted for the email poo poo, which is unlikely, or she manages to look worse in every debate than Obama did in the first one in 2012. Trump's a loud brash rear end in a top hat and Clinton showed she can deal with bullshit when she sat calm and cool during the Bengazhi hearings. Meanwhile Clinton could bring up something like breastfeeding at a debate and bait Trump in to making some horribly sexist comment that will piss off a lot of women because he's a petty manbaby.

There's not much chance, if any, of Obama's ground game sitting on the sidelines during the election. OFA is going to be out there working for CLinton and the downticket races. The Obamas will likely hit the campaign trail in some fashion and Bill will too. Bill's still got a lot of fans and he's really good at working a crowd. Candidate Obama was probably the only real challenger to Bill's charisma.

FAUXTON posted:

because airlines pack up each and every one of their planes and bring them home to headquarters every night.

Raleigh and DC would fight to the death over getting Delta to relocate and base out of their airport. If Delta leaves Atlanta they could get a city without an airport to build one and just Delta being based there would end up turning it in to a major hub.

Hartsfield-Jackson also still runs in to issues with storms cause delays and cancellations, I've had several happen to me when I lived there. Yeah snow can suck but unless it's heavy snow or terrible freezing rain (which Atlanta also can get and isn't as prepared for) airports move through it pretty fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Boy there are a lot of people in this thread that have never been to Jackson Hartfield and don't quite understand what replacing it would entail.

I know what replacing it would entail and I know there is no shortage of cities that will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Phone posted:

Why is Jenner in the news? Two weeks ago she said that she'd love to be Cruz's trans ambassador, and what do I see today at the top of Google News?

"I wasn't endorsing Ted Cruz, I like him and think he has good ideas and I volunteered to be his trans ambassador, but I'm not endorsing him."

~~ words have no meaning ~~

So nobody's told that moron that if Cruz had his way people like Jenner would be put to death, or does Jenner simply not care because they're that lovely/stupid of a person?

Potato Salad posted:

I leave this here without comment.

https://i.imgur.com/0CIltih.gifv

This needs to be on every page and in every OP.

Shageletic posted:

Hey what's the thread for the Oregon right-wing takeover of the federal refuge again? I just watched the video of what was happening in Lavoy's car and it was a doozy.

Mods closed it thought there's still occupation/militia poo poo going on. Like the Bundy Ranch bridge sniper guy getting arrested :toot:

• Locked thread