Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
"They think that they can wait and see what President Trump will do, I guess." - Harry Reid, following today's meeting between Obama, McConnell and Grassley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Hard to imagine it not being Julian Castro.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard vetoed a bill requiring transgendered students to use bathrooms/locker rooms that matched their physical gender basically because he didn't want to deal with the poo poo storm of lawsuits that were promised to come the state's way. How surprisingly pragmatic.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Noted moderate legislative body the 114th United States Congress.

There was a WaPo article yesterday about this and how the 2010 gerrymander has killed bipartisanship and moderate positions because races are at the primary level now. Representatives don't have to appeal to the other party since they aren't the threat to their seat - it's someone else who would say they aren't X enough so vote for them instead.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Talmonis posted:

A few pages back but holy poo poo. :nms:

Here's a hornet's nest of a question: isn't that basically Aatrek?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

According to the original news article, he was 13-16 (and his victim was 8-10) when all this happened, sooo... kind of, yeah. Sounds like it was a bit more sustained and extreme than most cases mentioned in that article, though, so yeah, giant :can:.

Oh, doesn't look like he had to register as a sex offender and he wasn't charged until an adult so those are pretty big differences.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Joementum posted:

I looked it up and Bernie Sanders supports raw milk. Meanwhile, many raw milk advocates suspect Hillary is opposed to it because Mark Penn also lobbies for Monsanto.

Just thought this would be helpful information for everyone to have.

Ahaha, you son of a bitch.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Lindsey Graham's full speech today about blocking Obama's Supreme Court nominee is incredible. You're basically seeing him work through his cognitive dissonance as he's talking.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Those are Dixiecrats. Democrats are incredibly open to minorities and want to do everything they can to bring their quality of life up to match white people as long as it's not in my backyard

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Hennepin County in Minnesota (the state's most populous and the one with Minneapolis) will no longer use grand juries for police shootings.

This is a pretty big deal, especially since this will include the Jamar Clark case. The County Attorney has said this has been in the works for a while but not surprising to see now on the heels of Anita Alvarez and Tim McGinty getting ousted yesterday for their handling of police shooting cases.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Isn't fifty years ago when America was great, though?

Yeah and then the Warren Court up gave minorities equal rights, ruining our racial harmony and creating the highly politicized environment we have today.

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 16, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
George Soros pays me to post here!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Two VP's for the price of one!

They're always finishing each other's...

... executive orders!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

How about I tell you about the rabbits, George.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah. Also don't carry the same risk of killing yourself before your planned attack. Basically any idiot can get a gun.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Xanderkish posted:

Mind sourcing the Kenyan Muslim quote? I tried looking for it via google but couldn't bring up anything.

Top result for "Frank Gaffney Obama Kenyan"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/14/the-jihadist-vote/?page=all

quote:

— Another question yet to be resolved is whether Mr. Obama is a natural born citizen of the United States, a prerequisite pursuant to the U.S. Constitution. There is evidence Mr. Obama was born in Kenya rather than, as he claims, Hawaii. There is also a registration document for a school in Indonesia where the would-be president studied for four years, on which he was identified not only as a Muslim but as an Indonesian. If correct, the latter could give rise to another potential problem with respect to his eligibility to be president.

Curiously, Mr. Obama has, to date, failed to provide an authentic birth certificate which could clear up the matter.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

I love articles about twitter reactions.

"Some think the offending tweets should have stayed up as a reminder of how quickly artificial intelligence could become dangerous:"

*posts the one tweet of someone saying this*

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Joementum posted:

The thing I've never understood is: if we fire all of the obviously terrible public school teachers that are only being protected by labor stooges, where does the more qualified and better performing replacement labor force come from?

Former corporate employees who have real life experience and want to give back to the community without being bogged down by pesky poo poo like "professional training" and "teaching licenses".

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

zoux posted:

Does anyone like DC? My understanding is it is where it is because the parcel it's on is such a lovely piece of land that no one else wanted it.

I do, but I also hate myself :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I have a hard time believing that FIFA is as bad as the literal Mafia or the cartels who regularly have people murdered in gruesome fashion. The slave labor is more on the Qataris' hands than FIFA directly, but I still agree that FIFA deserved to be RICO'd.

Also, re: DC chat: I think DC is overrated. For one, the summers are awful there. It's humid and there's no shade/breeze because of how the city is structured. For two, I really dislike how nobody is "from" there due to its nature as a "revolving door" city for careerists. Maybe it's just my Midwestern roots, but I really desire a certain home appeal and long-time residents; so while the international flavor of DC is a huge plus, the transient feeling to it all is a big negative as well.

Just my two cents as someone that lived and interned in DC for a summer.

I'm from DC :shobon:

• Locked thread