Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Some old people differentiate semi-autos and revolvers by calling one a pistol and one a revolver I don't know why but it's a thing.

Because a pistol is usually defined as having the breech and barrel as a single piece. Now tell me how you don't care.

computer parts posted:

It's like how people here say they don't own any cars, just trucks.

Correct people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Let's dispel the notion that caucuses are fun, they aren't fun.

If you find them fun, become a politician because your brain works differently than mine.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Radbot posted:

I think it's hilarious that progressive Democrats aren't going to take the literal perfect opportunity to run a progressive candidate, and will for some reason put Clinton up against a Trump. Great job Clinton caucusgoers.

Naked fear is sad to watch, but you can be sure progressive democrats will find a way to manifest it every single election.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
None of them stood a chance of winning the presidency, including Rubio. The GOP primary remains a sideshow.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

I still have yet to see data that backs this up.

You want data on excitement?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

C'mon man, you're one of the most informed people here. Surely you can link us to some kind of applauseometer?

How about I just link to myself saying "Hillary supporters seem grudging, wincing and pre-loaded with regret"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
How about "Donald Trump is an excellent candidate" because he is winning?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Bad Business men do not make billions of dollars.

Neither does Trump.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

:lol: you think this guy got where he is by being bad at business??

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

The goal of winning a primary is to also then win the general election. Being good at the first thing and bad at the second thing would still make him a loser.

God couldn't win this general election as a Republican, so with that out of the way Trump is the best available.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Paul MaudDib posted:

The other day I saw Fox News in the lobby of my office. The headline was "Jeb Bush's Brother Endorses Cruz". Dubyah is that toxic.

Bush endorsed Cruz? That must stick in his craw.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

3:42 Obama's smirk as he coins the term "republican crackup"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

I feel like I should be happy but I feel like there's also a reason to be concerned that I can't quite put my finger on.

Oh, let it all come out. Let it come out.

Let's get it on out there.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, personally I'm not too hyped for a new wave of lynchings. Maybe that's just me, though.

Hopefully Trump will be getting chased out of more towns soon, or arrested in one when he incites a riot.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Obviously he won't be arrested for inciting anything lol at the thought. But the complete success of this protest is going to inspire more against his rallies, especially in big cities. It helps big time that this didn't get violent and the police didn't find an excuse to crack down.

He won't be arrested, but that makes you wonder--how far would he take it? How far will he take it? Nationwide riots won't exactly hurt his numbers...

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That's what I mean by being the inverse of Obama: great at governing, not so great at campaigning.

Where is the evidence that she is good at governing? She's never done it before.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ReidRansom posted:

lol. Because I didn't see it posted yet, the Trumpstaffel shut itself down almost as soon as it began.

Though I don't believe for a second that someone actually did that.

I guess that lion doesn't have any teeth.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

I'm really okay with lots of people not knowing this is a prank. It's not like Trump voters can distinguish between fiction and reality anyway, or would get turned off by an armband. I'm halfway expecting them to unironically adopt it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Kinda reads like shit_that_didnt_happen.txt

Trump's entire campaign is STDH given form. And yet, he'll always find suckers to flack for him with reflexive disbelief that his supporters couldn't really be that barbaric.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's a "prank" by a couple assholes.

The best kind of assholes.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

BlueBlazer posted:

Prediction. Cruz blackmails the establishment GOP into giving him the nomination over trump because he would have to give up his delegates to do it. He would let it burn down.

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a party boss. Cruz is in my face trying to sweat me, emitting grease through his pores. I feel like I'd be tempted to say "gently caress it" and let the party burn.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

I really just don't like people excusing violence with: "Well have you heard the things he/they are saying?!?!"

It's a fascist movement. We don't have a lot of recent experience with it in this country, but one of the things people have learned is that responding with extrajudicial force is appropriate. People have to make this choice of course, not the government. The government is forced to deal with fascism as though it were a legitimate system of policy and ideas, to be afforded the same respect as all others, and not as the virus it is.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I disagree that it is sufficiently fascism-like, at this point, to have bash the fash aggressively bump the Trump as the most practical option. Fortunately, the protesters to date seem to be of the same opinion, and I ain't gonna judge a few folks who get worked up or attacked first given that the bulk are doing an excellent job of threading the needle.

Simply appearing at a rally while swart seems to be doing the trick for now.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah, and I am hugely supportive of the crowds that went "you know what, that poo poo is hosed up", showed up in sufficient numbers where pummeling them was not an automatically winning proposition, and ultimately blocked a Trump rally with only very modest, reasonable, and organic levels of violence. The Chicago protestors, imo, hit about the right note.

I'm annoyed with the media (surprise) for really trying to pin down Democrats on "but isn't it wrong when EITHER side uses violence??" as if the violence was proportionate in any way. Amusingly, Clinton seemed to respond to that question with a lot more passion than Rubio.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

So what happens when Hillary wins this nomination? Are the Bernie supporters going to toe the line and support her? Or will they sit out the election?

Blimp owners sitting pretty right now

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Related question, do you (or anyone else here) have any summaries of the violence at the Chicago rally being not proportionate? I talk politics with a few non-Trumpist Republicans who aren't entirely sold on "well I, GreyjoyBastard, watched a lot of videos and the Trumpists usually started the physical poo poo", and they ain't about to watch a bunch of videos themselves.

I did get a little headway with "Trump has been pushing violence for a bit and nonviolent protesting his rallies solo is not super fun".

No, see dammit this is the media's job. They're the ones who have the resources to do lots of interviews on the ground, and give due weight to the ratio of eyewitness reports and even venture to state the obvious.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Awwwwwwwwww Marco dropped out. Try again Marco? Run for governor of um. A state where you are popular.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

anne frank fanfic posted:

Ted Cruz is pretty sweet and the only one who will stand up for the Natural Rights codified in the American Bill of Rights

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I really hope Hillary gets good at this, otherwise Trump is gonna steal roll her.

Still can't happen.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kilroy posted:

I don't know how much comfort should realistically be had from the 2008 and 2012 electoral college maps, considering literally every last thing happening in this election so far is basically unprecedented in contemporary American politics.

What's definitely going to happen is that Donald Trump is going to be the biggest news in the world every day for ten months. The dog that chases cars has finally caught one.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CelestialScribe posted:

You guys shouldn't be so arrogant that Hillary will defeat Trump in a general election. He could easily win.

How, every inbred in the country takes a break from watching Storage Wars and registers to vote?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CelestialScribe posted:

Trump softens the rhetoric.

He's literally not capable of doing this.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
My, look at all this sorrow and empathy for Trump voters, despite everyone knowing what he has done and said. Let's all get in a tizzy about the fact that they shouldn't be allowed to keep, let alone educate, their own kids.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

If what you're arguing for is a standardized federal approach to history classes in public schools and an end to homeschooling, maybe presenting it as "reeducation and indoctrination to destroy a culture" isn't the smartest idea.

Fortunately we're all typing in "words," so it's not like these slobs will read them.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

:what:

Uh, huh. Sure. Right.

Where have I heard this rhetoric before...

Oh.

Uh, are you equating right-wing indoctrination invented by Lee Atwater and Ed Meese to Native American cultures? It needs to be forcibly erased before we actually elect a Trump.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Apparently, and I didn't know until I started reading this stuff (thanks mdemone!), homeschooling is taking off with minorities too.

If true, it's regretful that they are falling for bible college propaganda about how no really, you are qualified to teach your own kids.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Homeschooling is really loving dumb, even better is that now the AAU-types have figured out how to get around sending their kids to school and are starting homeschool only sports leagues that are basically AAU-lite.

QB saw picture of naked man, worldview overthrown, return questionable

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

Has there been much research on the physical and psychological effects of being a presidential candidate and what it's like to campaign day in and day out for like a whole goddamn year? I'm kind of fascinated by the whole thing and I don't understand how anyone could have the energy for all of it.

They are a very rare breed of person. This is why Palin and Fred Thompson eventually copped out, they were lazy like me.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

gohmak posted:

Here is the video not just the audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xSVzdUNqo

"Nobody says we're in a recession."

"Who's your nobody?" -owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

GDP per capita is something like $50k, cut off something like 20% for the government, and each person gets $30k so all of them

Yeah I never understood the whole "can we afford it" thing. Take money.

• Locked thread