Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
She wants to be President so she can get away with even worse stuff than she already has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Maoist Pussy posted:

It would be cool if Yalie careerists like her went to prison more often?

I think we can all agree on this. If forums user Maoist Pussy goes to jail for it, so should former walmart board member and doddering #abeula Hillary.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
tldr: She used a private email server to act as a Freedom of Information Act shelter because she coordinated sketchy and illegal weapons deals with foreign powers in exchange for donations to the Clinton slush fund, the Clinton Foundation and never wanted these emails to be possibly made public.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Meta Ridley posted:

tldr: She used a private email server to act as a Freedom of Information Act shelter because she coordinated sketchy and illegal weapons deals with foreign powers in exchange for donations to the Clinton slush fund, the Clinton Foundation and never wanted these emails to be possibly made public.

Source?

I mean, sure there were weapons deals out of Benghazi to Syria, but did the Foundation really get monies for it?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Count Roland posted:

Source?

I mean, sure there were weapons deals out of Benghazi to Syria, but did the Foundation really get monies for it?

Absolutely not. The Clinton Foundation is a great international charity and that it's getting smeared is loving ridiculous. It also is a highly public institution and not a 'slush fund'. They do scary stuff like work on AIDS and women's rights.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Obdicut posted:

Absolutely not. The Clinton Foundation is a great international charity and that it's getting smeared is loving ridiculous. It also is a highly public institution and not a 'slush fund'. They do scary stuff like work on AIDS and women's rights.

Doesn't the Foundation get large sums of money from very powerful sources that work closely with the Clintons and with the US government? eg foreign governments, wall st bigwigs, major corporations etc. Not that this in itself is bad, but it does raise questions of conflict of interest. It does seem unlikely that the Clintons would want or especially need to withdraw money for personal use.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Count Roland posted:

Doesn't the Foundation get large sums of money from very powerful sources that work closely with the Clintons and with the US government? eg foreign governments, wall st bigwigs, major corporations etc. Not that this in itself is bad, but it does raise questions of conflict of interest. It does seem unlikely that the Clintons would want or especially need to withdraw money for personal use.

Jesus loving christ no it doesn't raise anything at all. It's not even that the Clintons don't want to withdraw money, they couldn't, it's a loving public charity. This is the dumbest conspiracy story ever.

Like look at what the Clinton Foundation actually is before believing poo poo like this.

etalian posted:

Clinton foundation donors ended up winning stuff like contracts related to rebuilding Haiti.

The Clinton Foundation also got caught not reporting big cash donations from foreign persons and governments such as Algeria.

They don't 'win' contracts to rebuild haiti, no, and no they weren't 'caught'. Please look into the Clinton Foundation before including them in your nutty anti-Clinton poo poo please, because they do amazingly good work across the globe and don't deserve this half-baked lunatic conspiracy mongering.

Obdicut has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Mar 2, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Count Roland posted:

Source?

Clinton foundation donors ended up winning stuff like contracts related to rebuilding Haiti.

The Clinton Foundation also got caught not reporting big cash donations from foreign persons and governments such as Algeria.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Count Roland posted:

Source?

https://www.rt.com/usa/262145-clinton-foundation-arms-repressive/
http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foundation-donors-got-weapons-deals-hillary-clintons-state-department-1934187

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

gobbagool posted:

I think we can all agree on this. If forums user Maoist Pussy goes to jail for it, so should former walmart board member and doddering #abeula Hillary.

My body is ready.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Obdicut posted:

Jesus loving christ no it doesn't raise anything at all. It's not even that the Clintons don't want to withdraw money, they couldn't, it's a loving public charity. This is the dumbest conspiracy story ever.

Like look at what the Clinton Foundation actually is before believing poo poo like this.

They don't 'win' contracts to rebuild haiti, no, and no they weren't 'caught'. Please look into the Clinton Foundation before including them in your nutty anti-Clinton poo poo please, because they do amazingly good work across the globe and don't deserve this half-baked lunatic conspiracy mongering.

Yes I know what it is, and I've read in very reputable papers eyebrows being raised over the charities doings, and, yes, possible conflict of interest.

I don't believe anything in particular, I'm just curious.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Count Roland posted:

Yes I know what it is, and I've read in very reputable papers eyebrows being raised over the charities doings, and, yes, possible conflict of interest.

I don't believe anything in particular, I'm just curious.

It's interesting to note that Charity Navigator refuses to rate them. They previously had the Clinton Foundation on their shitlist of bad charities due to lack of disclosures. Once the disclosures were made the decision was to note rate them for some reasons.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
In addition to the sketchy behaviour of the Clinton Foundation itself there's also just the general tendency for corporations doing business with the Clinton state department to coincidentally give millions to Bill Clinton in "speaking fees".

But hey, please research Bill Clinton's speeches before including them in your nutty conspiracy theories because those speeches do amazingly good work across the globe and don't deserve this half-baked lunatic conspiracy mongering.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
iyaayas01 in the GiP current events thread actually summed it up pretty well:

iyaayas01 posted:

So in non-Yokel Haram news, there's been a couple updates in the Clinton email spectacle. The most significant one for me is apparently at least one of the emails that "just" contained SCI had info that was HCS protected....so her reckless behavior put at least one HUMINT source at risk. Also there was massive buffoonery involving the use of Blackberries (ignore the link source, it's just a copy of the actual memo in question), including using them while in foreign countries (including China :psyboom:) and absolutely no security discipline regarding their presence in/around the senior leadership's offices. The Crackberry issues also include the fact that one of her aides lost her Blackberry in the same timeframe when these emails were flying fast and furious (:v:).And apparently Clinton's defense now isn't that the information wasn't actually classified (even she admits it more than likely was), it's that it wasn't marked classified when she transmitted/received/stored it. That might have something to do with the fact that she was directing her staff to intentionally copy classified information onto an unclassified system, just stripping out the classification markings/identifying information:

So to recap, her and her merry gang of idiots intentionally put classified information on a non-governmental server that was stored in her private residence. They also sent this information to/from private Blackberries, including while they were in foreign countries (because if there's one thing that's absolutely secure, its the wireless network in a foreign country). They got the classified information out into the unclass realm by pulling up classified documents on one SIPR or JWICS terminal and then typing the information onto an unclassified terminal, intentionally leaving out any classification markings that were present on the original document in an attempt to hide the fact that it was classified; this was done in at least once instance at the direct behest of Clinton. This classified information included, among other things, information from multiple IC SAPs as well as information that was protected by HCS (i.e., stuff that had the potential to put HUMINT sources at risk.)

Everyone involved in this needs to spend the rest of their lives in prison because this level of reckless incompetence regarding classified basically rises to the level of conducting intentional espionage, that's how damaging all of this likely is.

If any one else did 1/10 of the poo poo Clinton pulled they would be put in jail for 20+ years.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

BexGu posted:

If any one else did 1/10 of the poo poo Clinton pulled they would be put in jail for 20+ years.

They didn't jail Petraeus.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Yeah that's interesting dude but in this timeline the entire Bush administration aren't convicted felons.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Petraeus got disgraced and punished (through lightly) with his political future being ruined. Clinton won't even get a slap on a the wrist.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

BexGu posted:

Petraeus got disgraced and punished (through lightly) with his political future being ruined. Clinton won't even get a slap on a the wrist.

You claimed somebody who'd done 1% of that would be sent to jail for 20 years. Petraeus qualifies.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I'm sure The Clinton Foundation took money from Saudi Arabia because the Saudis wanted to promote women's rights and HIV prevention. After arranging for SA to get 24 billion dollars worth of fighter jets, which is probably just a coincidence.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I would be okay with Clinton taking a pretty cool VP and getting impeached real quick.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You claimed somebody who'd done 1% of that would be sent to jail for 20 years. Petraeus qualifies.

:eng101: Incorrect! I said 1/10! That 10%!

Your snarky semantics aside I was referring to normal people, not the elites.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BexGu posted:

:eng101: Incorrect! I said 1/10! That 10%!

Your snarky semantics aside I was referring to normal people, not the elites.

Is that actually true. I mean tons of people are sloppy as poo poo with things and you never hear about prols getting long prison sentences for mishandling data.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I donated money to her election

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Bip Roberts posted:

Is that actually true. I mean tons of people are sloppy as poo poo with things and you never hear about prols getting long prison sentences for mishandling data.

I mean, its not big news, but poo poo happens: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/florida-resident-sentenced-accessing-and-removing-classified-information-military-computers

quote:

Christopher R. Glenn, 34, a South Florida Resident, was sentenced on July 31, 2015, to 120 months of imprisonment to be followed by three years of supervised release by U.S. District Judge Kenneth A. Marra of the Southern District of Florida following his guilty plea for willful retention of classified national defense information under the Espionage Act, computer intrusion under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and conspiracy to commit naturalization fraud.

This dude basically had his military career ended for taking some stuff home but was able to walk away without any prison time by pleading guilty: http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/06/19/sailor-pleads-guilty-to-mishandling-documents.html

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Obdicut posted:

Sounds like they should change their name imo. No need to be affiliated with the toxic dauphin de Américain.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Mar 2, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Remember this media mistake from the Petraeus circus?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tony Homo posted:

I donated money to her election

Apt title.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?
Does anyone know if the convening of a federal grand jury is public or not? I'm curious as to whether, if the justice dept were inclined to indict Hillary, any information in support of that would be public at this phase. The process, as I understand it, would be: FBI Investigation -> Grand Jury -> Indictment/No Indictment, and we have evidence that the FBI is poking around, but would we get any indication that an indictment was imminent prior to it actually occurring?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I'm sure The Clinton Foundation took money from Saudi Arabia because the Saudis wanted to promote women's rights and HIV prevention. After arranging for SA to get 24 billion dollars worth of fighter jets, which is probably just a coincidence.

This is literally Clinton's defense. "We can't stop them from making a contribution for all the great work the Clinton Foundation does, they are just very charitable :) "
Also keep in mind those fighter jets are manufactured by Boeing, which ALSO donated to the Clinton Foundation and gave hundreds of thousands in Speaking Fees to the Clintons, during the time the State Department made the decision on which company gets the bid. In Fact Hillary would regularly upsell Boeing jets.

The Clintons are corrupt profiteers and it is a shame a neoliberal criminal is going to be the Democratic nominee.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Meta Ridley posted:

The Clintons are corrupt profiteers and it is a shame a neoliberal criminal is going to be the Democratic nominee.
The real shame is that noted reality TV-star and real estate mogul Donald Trump is actually a morally superior choice for PotUS.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

But can you keep the nuke codes in proper order

poo poo. They were somewhere on my desk under all these napkins and junk flyers.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
basically the dumbass GOP exposed the state department's secret communications to the marxist kenyan dictator in chief they were trying to undermine, thus abetting the destruction of american values

nice job

NOT

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Meta Ridley posted:

This is literally Clinton's defense. "We can't stop them from making a contribution for all the great work the Clinton Foundation does, they are just very charitable :) "
Also keep in mind those fighter jets are manufactured by Boeing, which ALSO donated to the Clinton Foundation and gave hundreds of thousands in Speaking Fees to the Clintons, during the time the State Department made the decision on which company gets the bid. In Fact Hillary would regularly upsell Boeing jets.

To actually make this a real accusation and not just a gibbering mess of obvious bias, you'd have to look at countries that didn't give to the Clinton Foundation vs. those that did, and compare arms sales to them. You can also look at time periods when the Saudis didn't give money to the Clinton Foundation, and see if their arms deals suffered.

You won't do that, though, partially because you probs know it'll show you're wrong but also because you're just lazy and/or don't actually know how to do it.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Obdicut posted:

To actually make this a real accusation and not just a gibbering mess of obvious bias, you'd have to look at countries that didn't give to the Clinton Foundation vs. those that did, and compare arms sales to them. You can also look at time periods when the Saudis didn't give money to the Clinton Foundation, and see if their arms deals suffered.

You won't do that, though, partially because you probs know it'll show you're wrong but also because you're just lazy and/or don't actually know how to do it.

Don't worry the FBI is currently doing all that work for me.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Meta Ridley posted:

Don't worry the FBI is currently doing all that work for me.

Yeah, I'm not worried. But thanks for confirming you're just spewing poo poo without knowing poo poo.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Obdicut posted:

Yeah, I'm not worried. But thanks for confirming you're just spewing poo poo without knowing poo poo.

Is that u hilldawg

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
The email scandal is 100% a right wing conspiracy and the fact that nothing will come from it is proof of Clinton's innocence.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Right wing conspiracy theorists like the FBI.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

T r a v i s posted:

Right wing conspiracy theorists like the FBI.

The PR for Clinton Brian Fallon implied in interviews he thought independent appointments such as the intel Inspector General were working with the republicans to make Hillary look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

etalian posted:

The PR for Clinton Brian Fallon implied in interviews he thought independent appointments such as the intel Inspector General were working with the republicans to make Hillary look bad.

As if the Republicans need to even try to make hillary look bad

• Locked thread