Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
FBI director Comey is personally closely involved with the Clinton probe alongside 150 other FBI agents as an investigative curiosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

The PR for Clinton Brian Fallon implied in interviews he thought independent appointments such as the intel Inspector General were working with the republicans to make Hillary look bad.

These are the people saying it's all a conspiracy theory.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Obdicut posted:

To actually make this a real accusation and not just a gibbering mess of obvious bias, you'd have to look at countries that didn't give to the Clinton Foundation vs. those that did, and compare arms sales to them. You can also look at time periods when the Saudis didn't give money to the Clinton Foundation, and see if their arms deals suffered.

You won't do that, though, partially because you probs know it'll show you're wrong but also because you're just lazy and/or don't actually know how to do it.

lol wheres that smiley

here we go

:nallears:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
So she could hide her Clinton Foundation shenanigans.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
All those countries and companies that gave big donor dollars to the Clinton Foundation were just doing it because they believed deeply in the mission of the Clinton Foundation

The speaking fees directly to Hillary were honorarium, to honor her, for all her hard work.

its fine. everything is fine.

people taking millions from the Koch brothers, you see that is very different because they are bad thinkers, whereas the Clintons are good thinkers, duh, its so simple.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Obdicut posted:

Yeah, I'm not worried. But thanks for confirming you're just spewing poo poo without knowing poo poo.

You're really invested in the idea that Hillary is as pure as the driven snow, aren't you? Do you have a weird sex thing for her or something? I thought you were an attorney or some legal professional, it's pretty strange that you would be so madly in love with someone who flaunts the rule of law.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Laphroaig posted:

All those countries and companies that gave big donor dollars to the Clinton Foundation were just doing it because they believed deeply in the mission of the Clinton Foundation

The speaking fees directly to Hillary were honorarium, to honor her, for all her hard work.

its fine. everything is fine.

people taking millions from the Koch brothers, you see that is very different because they are bad thinkers, whereas the Clintons are good thinkers, duh, its so simple.

Vaginahaver Hillary Clinton would never do anything even remotely sketchy or questionable, and if you dare ask, you're an obvious sexist pig that's part of the VRWC.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
What are the odds of anything coming from this? I have a hard time imagining she'd be this far in the running if there was even the remotest possibility things would go south for her.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Accountability is un-American.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

What are the odds of anything coming from this? I have a hard time imagining she'd be this far in the running if there was even the remotest possibility things would go south for her.

Right, if she wins the presidency, chances are her own AG won't charge her

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

gobbagool posted:

Right, if she wins the presidency, chances are her own AG won't charge her

Weirdly enough you can get impeached as president

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Weirdly enough you can get impeached as president

Republicans already tried that in recent history. There has to be significant public support for them to risk it again.

The only way it matters imo, is literally a confession letter from Clinton herself.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
The Republicans are not going to exactly be burning political capital in impeaching Clinton, that poo poo is red meat to the base

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

gobbagool posted:

You're really invested in the idea that Hillary is as pure as the driven snow, aren't you? Do you have a weird sex thing for her or something? I thought you were an attorney or some legal professional, it's pretty strange that you would be so madly in love with someone who flaunts the rule of law.

No idea what weird fantasy you're spinning here, I'm in public health and I don't think Clinton is pure, but all of this poo poo is basically a non-issue in terms of anyone getting indicted if you know anything about it. It's not just Hillary.

Be less creepy.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Boomstick Quaid posted:

The Republicans are not going to exactly be burning political capital in impeaching Clinton, that poo poo is red meat to the base
Yeah, they're going to mine it for votes & donations more than effect any sort of serious ramifications for Hillary, and there's not much backlash that they'll face from it either.

If this email stuff didn't exist then it might've still been about Benghazi, which what with everything that has come to light since then, it isn't a free option for the right to take a roll on without consequence. I can personally think of a number of people who are at least sympathetic to republicans but over the last 4 years have grown sick of the ghoulish pursuit of them picking over that tragedy with the singular ambition of finding anything that could be spun into a scandal. Keeping it up might be cheered by their core but it doesn't help them with people they still need to win over.

That's what sucks about Hillary on the left (leaving out other things that suck, for the moment): we know whoever comes forward as the dem nom or president will get demonized all day every day non stop until the sun burns out, but she has an M.O. that gives those attempts an air of not being completely childish.

EDIT: Can I coin the phrase "Demonization Industrial Complex"? It seems to have crystallized as a modern age industry from, oh, jan 20, 2009 or so.

Bhaal has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Mar 2, 2016

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Emailgate is a comforting lie Hillary's political opponents tell themselves so they don't have to face the reality they're going to lose and she's going to be elected. You're seeing it now with Bernouts, and you'll see it in six months with Trumpists.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Obdicut posted:

No idea what weird fantasy you're spinning here, I'm in public health and I don't think Clinton is pure, but all of this poo poo is basically a non-issue in terms of anyone getting indicted if you know anything about it. It's not just Hillary.

Be less creepy.

Nah dude, you're always white knighting Hillary. It's ok, I look forward to your meltdowns coming once Trump turns his Eye of Sauron onto her

Leave #abuela alone!
:qqsay:

edit: thank you, red text fairy!

gobbagool has issued a correction as of 20:02 on Mar 2, 2016

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

gobbagool posted:

Nah dude, you're always white knighting Hillary. It's ok, I look forward to your meltdowns coming once Trump turns his Eye of Sauron onto her

Leave #abuela alone!
:qqsay:

edit: thank you, red text fairy!

No, you just have me confused with someone else, thinking I'm a lawyer. But yeah looking forward to H v. T.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Vast right wing

quote:

“There is no way Secretary Clinton and her staff have not violated classified information laws — both misdemeanors and felonies,” said Joseph E. diGenova, former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia. “The FBI is conducting a serious, criminal investigation. This is not a security review.”

conspiracy

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

You might want to do a little research on Joseph E. DiGenova (and his wife) and their past with the Clintons before you get too excited.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
drat lol: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/strange_bedfellow/1998/02/worse_than_drudge.html

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

hillary and bill are involved in more than 80 murders*, i think thats a bigger deal imho

*not counting war crimes obv

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

smg77 posted:

You might want to do a little research on Joseph E. DiGenova (and his wife) and their past with the Clintons before you get too excited.

Yeah that guy's a loon but I'm not sure how the facts of the case, to which Hillary has already offered a mea culpa, are anythign other than, she violated FedGov standards rather dramatically, then lied repeatedly about it, and absolutely, positively exposed dozens if not hundreds of Top Secret emails to any halfwit hacker smart enough to break into a $3 a month hosting company.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Sai posted:

hillary and bill are involved in more than 80 murders*, i think thats a bigger deal imho

*not counting war crimes obv

That article is amazing.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Guys, liberals are obviously going to fall for the same anti-Clinton smears the republicans have been selling for decades. Look, I'm falling for them right now!

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

gobbagool posted:

Yeah that guy's a loon but I'm not sure how the facts of the case, to which Hillary has already offered a mea culpa, are anythign other than, she violated FedGov standards rather dramatically, then lied repeatedly about it, and absolutely, positively exposed dozens if not hundreds of Top Secret emails to any halfwit hacker smart enough to break into a $3 a month hosting company.

So as long as the loon says the words you want to hear he's cool with you.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
FBI more like Fib am I right - Hillary Clinton.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Did she really say "Wipe the drive, what, like with a towel?" haha

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

smg77 posted:

So as long as the loon says the words you want to hear he's cool with you.

No, im not saying that. The facts stand on their own regardless of the loon's stance. Frankly, it would be better if the loon kept his mouth shut

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

JeffersonClay posted:

Emailgate is a comforting lie Hillary's political opponents tell themselves so they don't have to face the reality they're going to lose and she's going to be elected. You're seeing it now with Bernouts, and you'll see it in six months with Trumpists.

Not an empty quote, but this 100%.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Maoist Pussy posted:

about a minute in

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-jokes-wiping-email-server-cloth/story?id=33165517

Hillary Clinton joked to reporters Tuesday in Las Vegas about whether she "wiped" her email server clean before giving it to the FBI.

“What? Like with a cloth or something?” she asked, then laughed. “I don’t know how it works digitally at all.”

Oh, that whacky #abuela!

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

gobbagool posted:

Frankly, it would be better if the loon kept his mouth shut

Maybe that's what we should be focusing on.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

A Winner is Jew posted:

Not an empty quote, but this 100%.

Did you toxx yourself yet? Please tell me you'll promise to move to Canada or Ecuador or something if Trump wins.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2OJwsit0WY

e: beaten

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

gobbagool posted:

lol no, she did it to hide the assassinations at benghazi, but please... keep defending your queen who just made a little oopsie

shes a murderer and set the private server up to hide it

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

gobbagool posted:

about a minute in

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-jokes-wiping-email-server-cloth/story?id=33165517

Hillary Clinton joked to reporters Tuesday in Las Vegas about whether she "wiped" her email server clean before giving it to the FBI.

“What? Like with a cloth or something?” she asked, then laughed. “I don’t know how it works digitally at all.”

Oh, that whacky #abuela!

Christ.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

is there an amount of people the clintons could kill so that bill would not be able to rape even more women? its one of lifes greatest mysteries

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

gobbagool posted:

Did you toxx yourself yet? Please tell me you'll promise to move to Canada or Ecuador or something if Trump wins.

Why would I do that?

I'm legit an upper middle class white male with a trust fund.

If I wasn't a raging leftist I would be the ideal republican and a Trump presidency while horrific to most wouldn't really affect me personally.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
What sort of prison is likely to be able to hold a Lizardperson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I love this election because I can laugh at the Democratic shills trying to pretend Hilary isn't blatantly corrupt and the Republican shills who apparently think House of Cards is a documentary instead of a TV show.

Best
Election
Ever

:allears:

• Locked thread