Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Obdicut posted:

No idea what

Obdicut posted:

Nothing you say to me makes a drat lick of sense.

Obdicut posted:

I don't get the mentality of people

Obdicut posted:

what the hell does this have to do with the topic?

Obdicut posted:

I have no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Yeah, there's a shitloads of stupid arguments being made in this thread.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Obdicut posted:

The only one I didn't was the absurd one asking me how I disagree with just a flat-out assertion that Hillary presided over Libya's destruction, and I explained why.

Are you delusional or just stupid? You expressly explain jack dick, and also failed to understand Helsing's initial question, which was:

quote:

What part of it do you disagree with?

"It" being a shorthand for the question Helsing asked you not about Libya, as you so deftly assumed, but about Hillary's record, which Helsing previously asked:

quote:

Seriously though, just answer my question. Do you think Hilary's relationship to the finance industry, the arms industry, etc. is totally irrelevant to her political aspirations?

To which you answered (though not entirely in order)

quote:

Where the hell did you pull that from, and what's the relevance to the subject?

quote:

That's a truism. Now, what the hell does this have to do with the topic?

quote:

Watch out or you're going to get double-dog-dared and we know where that leads, that's how Vietnam started.

quote:

Hah sorry I missed this earlier. I disagree with your analysis of Libya, so I don't care about your theory that these constant attacks on Clinton by the GOP are great because they allow her to cover up the real scandal of how Hillary oversaw the destruction of Libya.

The last of which you touted as an example of you answering a question. But since you both failed to answer the question and failed to demonstrate why the answer isn't worth answering: you failed to answer the question and you didn't explain why you failed to

Beyond your inability to conceive of a scenario where scrutiny of Hillary Clinton is justified, you double-down on hand-wave dismissals of intelligent thoughts and blatant twisting of your own posts into a facsimile of a response. Are you even capable of answering Helsing's question? Your near-constant dodging in this thread indicates that you are neither educated on this subject nor capable of presenting a rational argument to the contrary. Telling Helsing that he's making broad-strokes evaluation is all well and good, but you might look like less of a disingenuous poo poo if you had a thought of your own.

Oh, also:

quote:

Do you naturally think in terms of false dichotomies?

Given you chose one of the two options Helsing presented (that the influence doesn't affect her), it's not that false. You moron.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Amgard posted:

Are you delusional or just stupid? You expressly explain jack dick, and also failed to understand Helsing's initial question, which was:
"It" being a shorthand for the question Helsing asked you not about Libya, as you so deftly assumed, but about Hillary's record, which Helsing previously asked:

Nah, you just read that wrong. I said:

quote:

Hah sorry I missed this earlier. I disagree with your analysis of Libya, so I don't care about your theory that these constant attacks on Clinton by the GOP are great because they allow her to cover up the real scandal of how Hillary oversaw the destruction of Libya.

And he said:

quote:

What part of it do you disagree with?

In specific response to that part of my post. Not to the earlier bit.

Does that help calm your rage a bit, maybe?

quote:

Given you chose one of the two options Helsing presented (that the influence doesn't affect her), it's not that false. You moron.

I didn't choose that influence doesn't affect her, though. I said going by her record if they did have influence it wasn't substantial, and also said that I was sure that all of her connections and the donations did have influence on her.

quote:

Beyond your inability to conceive of a scenario where scrutiny of Hillary Clinton is justified, you double-down on hand-wave dismissals of intelligent thoughts and blatant twisting of your own posts into a facsimile of a response. Are you even capable of answering Helsing's question?

I already did. I think that if Clinton is influenced by the finance industry, that hasn't prevented her from favoring strong banking regulations, as seen by her time in the Senate and her current campaign promises. Can you point out an example of their influence?

And also, an example of me ignoring data, as you accused me of? Or would you prefer to just quietly put that accusation behind you, since you don't have an actual example?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Caught up on the posts actually relating to the op, and LOL at the idea that Clinton aides sidestepped classified status by typing out email contents into a new document. That's middle school C-student levels of effort.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

I'm not going to respond to a false dichotomy. I won't get into why and how you're a failure of a sociologist. I merely disagree with your premise that you are not.

I've answered all your questions with my authentic answers.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Amgard posted:

I'm not going to respond to a false dichotomy. I won't get into why and how you're a failure of a sociologist. I merely disagree with your premise that you are not.

I've answered all your questions with my authentic answers.

Yeah, didn't think you'd actually say 'my bad' when you realized you'd gotten the Libya thing wrong, or ever back up the accusation that I'm ignoring data.

It's been real.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

Some awfully conservative sounding rhetoric coming from the camp of the allegedly progressive candidate. Congrats everyone we did it, 8 more years of the same dwindling middle class we saw under obama, but don't worry hillary will lower interest rates on college loans lol

It takes a lot of guts, or a lack of brains, to call out conservative rhetoric the sentence before you take a dump on Obama.

stephenfry posted:

avoiding public scrutiny, aping Bernie's talking points, letting her endorsers (like the Def Jam guy) concede publicly she takes money from private prison and factory farm industries, drifting further away from the youth vote don't look so much like punching dicks as hiding in one's castle

The delegate count is the dick pulping. And she's pulped it sufficiently that she can afford to ignore it, now. It's honestly quite endearing that Bernie supporters think he has a path to victory. It's like a little league team down 9 in the ninth with two outs huddling up and saying "ok this looks tough, but we can do it!" OK, you guys have some awesome spirit, but just get ready for pizza and Capri suns, yeah?

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Obdicut posted:

Yeah, didn't think you'd actually say 'my bad' when you realized you'd gotten the Libya thing wrong, or ever back up the accusation that I'm ignoring data.

I know you're a disingenous moron, but me pointing out the various times you've dismissed questions or made false pleas of ignorance should definitely count as "backing up my accusation". Though ultimately my accusation is that you an invalid who can't answer direct questions when directly asked by people with good and valuable intentions. We can argue the semantics of "data", since it'll be the only thing you'll feel qualified to comment on.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
That really is the most accurate red title YCS has seen in its 8 months of life.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Obdicut posted:

I already did. I think that if Clinton is influenced by the finance industry, that hasn't prevented her from favoring strong banking regulations, as seen by her time in the Senate and her current campaign promises. Can you point out an example of their influence?

"her current campaign promises"

like those are worth any more than her signature on an NDA

It's really adorable how loving retarded you are for Hillary. "But look guys! She's tough on wall street! She even said so! I dont care if she took tens of millions of dollars! she SAID she'll be tough, and what kind of sexist bigot are you to challenger her anyways!!!"

just more :obdicut:

#leaveabuelaalone!
:qqsay:

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

gobbagool posted:

"her current campaign promises"

like those are worth any more than her signature on an NDA

It's really adorable how loving retarded you are for Hillary. "But look guys! She's tough on wall street! She even said so! I dont care if she took tens of millions of dollars! she SAID she'll be tough, and what kind of sexist bigot are you to challenger her anyways!!!"

just more :obdicut:

#leaveabuelaalone!
:qqsay:

quote:

EVERYTHING I SAY IS RIGHT AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE I'LL POST LOTS OF DUMB CONDESCENDING BULLSHIT AT YOU

Your post is beneath me and not even worth the time I would spend commenting on it. What relevance does it have to my own personal thoughts, anyway? Begone, shades and phantoms! Begone from my reality!

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Amgard posted:

I know you're a disingenous moron, but me pointing out the various times you've dismissed questions or made false pleas of ignorance should definitely count as "backing up my accusation". Though ultimately my accusation is that you an invalid who can't answer direct questions when directly asked by people with good and valuable intentions. We can argue the semantics of "data", since it'll be the only thing you'll feel qualified to comment on.

Dude, dismissing questions isn't in any way ignoring data. It's not 'semantics' to say that it's just that the word doesn't mean that to anyone, not even you. If this isn't a self-mocking post that's just sad. Would it be so hard just to say "Okay I was wrong about ignoring data, got my blood up, but I still think you're a disingenuous moron shithead for other reasons"?

And your examples didn't show me dodging questions: for one of them, you just removed the bit where I answered the question, another one is a response to a post that wasn't even directed at me.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Obdicut posted:

Dude, dismissing questions isn't in any way ignoring data. It's not 'semantics' to say that it's just that the word doesn't mean that to anyone, not even you. If this isn't a self-mocking post that's just sad. Would it be so hard just to say "Okay I was wrong about ignoring data, got my blood up, but I still think you're a disingenuous moron shithead for other reasons"?

What the hell are you even babbling about? Is this relevant to the questions you continue to fail to answer?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Brannock posted:

That really is the most accurate red title YCS has seen in its 8 months of life.

Don't worry once he gets his big VIDEO GAMER DESIGNER/ACE PROGRAMMER/ SOCIOLOGIST/ HISTORIAN/ POLITICAL SCIENTIST/ HEROIC SOCIAL WORKER/ WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERGENIUS, paycheck, he'll get an AV more befitting of his place here, like maybe

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

JeffersonClay posted:

It takes a lot of guts, or a lack of brains, to call out conservative rhetoric the sentence before you take a dump on Obama.
Would you disagree that pleas to calling people you disagree with childish or immature and taking a "you'll agree with me when you're older" stance isnt basically your stereotypical republican dad archtype?

And i didnt take a dump on obama, the middle class shrinking under his two terms is an objectively true statement. Personally i think thats a bad thing, but its a fact not an insult.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Amgard posted:

What the hell are you even babbling about? Is this relevant to the questions you continue to fail to answer?

Sorry, I thought that was pretty clear. Let me unpack it a bit more for you.

In the first bit, I was pointing out that you accused me of ignoring data (and being a lovely sociologist for doing so). I challenged you to actually show me ignoring data. You can't, because I didn't. After dodging that challenge repeatedly, you're now trying to claim that me not answering questions is ignoring data, which is just sad on your part.

The second part is saying that if you did admit that I wasn't ignoring data, you could still tell me I was a disingenuous moron for other reasons, it's okay to admit being wrong about stuff. You can still keep with your main theme that I don't answer any direct questions, because there's definitely been some silly questions that I've questioned the validity of in response, so you can keep on saying I'm horrible for doing that.

gobbagool posted:

Don't worry once he gets his big VIDEO GAMER DESIGNER/ACE PROGRAMMER/ SOCIOLOGIST/ HISTORIAN/ POLITICAL SCIENTIST/ HEROIC SOCIAL WORKER/ WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERGENIUS, paycheck, he'll get an AV more befitting of his place here, like maybe

I'm going to keep this one until the novelty of having a misspelled inaccurate red text wears off, which might take awhile. But I am a not-rich person with most of my income budgeted for rent and food and books and stuff, so I can't compete if someone wants to keep buying me red-text and making the forums uglier, even at 2:1 prices.

Obdicut has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Mar 4, 2016

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Obdi ive seen like a dozen people myself included accuse you of being disengenous, taking arguments in weird directions that was quite obviously not the point of the original post, and being all together incredibly stubborn and condescending at every turn. Maybe just maybe its not simply everyone else being mean and stupid.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Around the time you guys started arguing about how you're not arguing correctly should have been when you shut the gently caress up.

Talk about emails you nitpickers

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

And i didnt take a dump on obama, the middle class shrinking under his two terms is an objectively true statement. Personally i think thats a bad thing, but its a fact not an insult.

This is a true statement, but consider that Obama, like hillary, is pretty much bought and paid for by wall st, Goldman Sachs in particular, but i'm p.sure she'll spread her legs for whatever wall st firm can come up with 8 figures of unmarked bills. We've reach gilded age income inequality, pretty much exactly what wall st has been after forever, brought to you by B-rock, and promised to be continued under Hillary, regardless of what :obdicut: considers to be a promise by her to do the exact opposite of what her and her husband have always done, which is gently caress the lower and middle class to help the ultra wealthy.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Obdicut posted:

The second part is saying that if you did admit that I wasn't ignoring data, you could still tell me I was a disingenuous moron for other reasons, it's okay to admit being wrong about stuff. You can still keep with your main theme that I don't answer any direct questions, because there's definitely been some silly questions that I've questioned the validity of in response, so you can keep on saying I'm horrible for doing that.

Questioning the validity of: responding over and over that the question isn't relevant/that it's not worthy of response/that you don't understand it/that it's not related/not important/not provable/not substantial.

You aren't questioning the validity of everything because you are merely marginally qualified to do so. You are pretending you don't need to engage in discussion so you can act like a haughty moron as you do in every thread because fundimentally that is the kind of person you are and it is your personal failure.

to quote the greats

quote:

by Exmond in Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist at Jul 8, 2015 08:36
A wise man has entered the thread, all listen to the wise man. Queue[sic] obdicut interjecting on "What is wise?" "What is man?"

edit: You really live up to the name, by the way

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

Would you disagree that pleas to calling people you disagree with childish or immature and taking a "you'll agree with me when you're older" stance isnt basically your stereotypical republican dad archtype?

Young people are the core of Bernie's support. Is this a myth? I don't think all Bernie supporters are, but there's certainly a vocal subset who seem particularly naïve in their political views. I don't think that's a coincidence.

quote:

Be honest, did you sploosh a little when Kasich was talking last night?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Obdicut probably emailed some nudes to Hillary.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I've never stayed at the Emailgate Hotel, is it nice?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

ArbitraryC posted:

Obdi ive seen like a dozen people myself included accuse you of being disengenous, taking arguments in weird directions that was quite obviously not the point of the original post, and being all together incredibly stubborn and condescending at every turn. Maybe just maybe its not simply everyone else being mean and stupid.

It's not everyone, though. That's where the logic breaks down. You're going from "Gee, I and a lot of other people (who all share the same political stance) have a problem with Obdicut. Therefore everyone does". But everyone doesn't. And I do think that you make really, really bad arguments: I'm sorry if you feel that's condescending, but that's the honest truth. I don't think it makes you dumb or a bad person or means anything else beyond that you didn't make very good arguments on the internet.

Also, metaposting like this is pretty boring so I vote we cut it out.

Hah the dudes who made that urban dictionary entry were the bizarre islamophobes from this site: http://www.theblogmocracy.com/

But seriously dude digging up a post from June 2015 is really creepy so I'm going to stop talking to you now.

Edit: Actually, this thread is now too creepy in general.

Tweet Me Balls posted:

There are some leaks.

Obdicut has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Mar 4, 2016

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Sort of like the Lincoln Bedroom at the WH.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Maoist Pussy posted:

Obdicut probably emailed some nudes to Hillary.

Or perhaps Hillary to Obdicut! Being president on the #miabuela fan club and internet blackwatch hath it's perks!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Obdicut posted:

It's not everyone, though. That's where the logic breaks down. You're going from "Gee, I and a lot of other people (who all share the same political stance) have a problem with Obdicut. Therefore everyone does". But everyone doesn't. And I do think that you make really, really bad arguments: I'm sorry if you feel that's condescending, but that's the honest truth. I don't think it makes you dumb or a bad person or means anything else beyond that you didn't make very good arguments on the internet.

Jfc

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
Obdicut is just like a pedantic trot in one of the few remaining places pedantic trots are tolerated at all. We're all you've got, dude.

JeffersonClay posted:

The delegate count is the dick pulping. And she's pulped it sufficiently that she can afford to ignore it, now. It's honestly quite endearing that Bernie supporters think he has a path to victory. It's like a little league team down 9 in the ninth with two outs huddling up and saying "ok this looks tough, but we can do it!" OK, you guys have some awesome spirit, but just get ready for pizza and Capri suns, yeah?
the delegate count is p much what we'd expect it to be if the candidates are neck-and-neck nationally, because if super-delegates want to keep the party intact they are going to start switching to Bernie. I don't know that clinton or her lawyers will see much return on investment in turning their attention to emailgate.

You'll be welcome on our team if she gets indicted, I don't even care if pizza and capri suns is some kind of coded racism

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Obdicut posted:

I liked this thread a lot more when you were slobbin hill knob. Do that and shut up about proper debate technique

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
"Everyone who disagrees with my political stance is the wrong ones" says man confused as to why people think he comes across as a disengenous blowhard. Look obdi ive agreed with plenty pro hil supporters over various things, just look at my post history in the dem primary thread. Its you in particular who i feel consistently misrepresents what other people are saying and argues with strawman.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Obdicut posted:

Are you a real person?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Not everyone hates your posting, Obdicut. Not everyone.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Brannock posted:

Are you a real person?

He's a Markov generator that found a thousand variations on the phrase "Query needed", but then the Democratic party bought him and he fell out of the van when they were shipping back to campaign HQ.

quote:

Not everyone hates your posting, Obdicut. Not everyone.

Who are these people? Who's everyone? What's posting? Start making sense, man!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Whoever gave Obdicut that red title should have included 'intentionally obtuse' along with condescending to really capture the obdicut experience.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

Hillary takes campaign contributions from corporations because she actually cares about winning the election. Be thankful she's teaching you this lesson in the primary by punching Bernies dick into pulp, rather than the Republican teaching it to you in November.

if you want to be degraded and humiliated by those claiming to be your betters in ways you feel you deserve then stop going at it sideways through angry posts about politics on the internet and start a fetlife account like a normal pervert.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Helsing posted:

Which conspiracy theory? Are the millions she and her husband have received from the worst corporations in the country a myth? Or do you just dispute the idea that millions of dollars were offered in expectation of any kind of reward? Is it a myth that people who get rich thanks to an industry tend to look much more favourably on that industry? Is Hilary's role in dismantling Libya a myth? I dare you to actually be specific here about what myths you are referring to.

current answers to this question: 0

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it just me or does obdicunt post like all day every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Dolphin posted:

Is it just me or does obdicunt post like all day every day.

It's surprising that he has time given that he's a VIDEO GAMER DESIGNER/ACE PROGRAMMER/ SOCIOLOGIST/ HISTORIAN/ POLITICAL SCIENTIST/ HEROIC SOCIAL WORKER/ WORLD'S GREATEST SUPERGENIUS,

It seems like he'd be too busy to post in Internet Comedy Forum. Hey do you think maybe he's also a PUPPETMASTER and this is all somehow part of his SOCIOLOGIST/POLITICAL SCIENTIST work that's one day going to be published in the Annals of Uptight Retard Hillary Supporters Quarterly?

• Locked thread