Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

OH MY GOD! A rumor comes in via destructoid, and well, I'll just link the D-toid article..

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nintendo-funding-beyond-good-and-evil-sequel-346059.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yup.. a Bayonetta 2 situation. For the unaware, BG&E2 has had two trailers since 2008 but besides that.. nothing. Could we really finally be seeing a release in 2017? If you havent played the original theres no time like the present.. not the deepest game ever gameplay wise but one of the best game worlds of all time, great characters with great voice acting and truly epic music Dear god HYPE! Im freaking out dudes... I love Jade and Pey'j. PLAY THIS GAME! HYPE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know we like to joke... But day one purchase for me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm *chortle* absolutely sure that *smirk* the current people on *chuckle* Ubisoft would make an *hoots and hollers* excellent Beyond Good and Evil sequel

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i remember my friend down the street like 7 years ago had the first game and i watched him play it for maybe 5 minutes and he was just running around and my small child brain categorized it as a gay walking game for fags. im older and wiser now so i know it's probably not a fag game but i still don't know what the game play of it is

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm *chortle* absolutely sure that *smirk* the current people on *chuckle* Ubisoft would make an *hoots and hollers* excellent Beyond Good and Evil sequel

are you okay

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a third person Pokemon snap with a stick weapon

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

i remember my friend down the street like 7 years ago had the first game and i watched him play it for maybe 5 minutes and he was just running around and my small child brain categorized it as a gay walking game for fags. im older and wiser now so i know it's probably not a fag game but i still don't know what the game play of it is

One part partner-based beat-em up, one part stealth, one part Zelda, one part hovercraft racing, one part nature photographer.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dear god the feels of photographing a rare space whale.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a Good Game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I tried playing the HD remake of the first and I couldn't get past the fact that you can only invert both camera axes at the same time, it made it really hard to control

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Michel Ancel has never made a bad gameand he certainly wont start with his magnum opus nearly a decade in the making, fool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Michel Ancel has never made a bad gameand he certainly wont start with his magnum opus nearly a decade in the making, fool.

Wild looks cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Never played the original OP. If they announce a sequel I'll check out the original.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh he's going to be on it? Well it might have a chance if it's by the original French team instead of loving Ubisoft Montreal. I apologize.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*i immediately commission a 200ft high Mt Rushmore carving into a mountain that says My loving Wallet*

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
didnt like it much at all. taking photos of stuff was about the only fun part of it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh he's going to be on it? Well it might have a chance if it's by the original French team instead of loving Ubisoft Montreal. I apologize.

Michel makes a comment pretty much every year that he's been working on it with a small hand picked team which partially explains at least why it's taking so damned long - Ubisoft is definitely involved to some extent though.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

tehy should fund metal gear rising 2

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

SM64Guy posted:

tehy should fund metal gear rising 2

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

:(

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Carol Aran, Samus Aran's lesser known cousin, enrolled in the Federation's army to

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the song from the hovercraft race

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the freaking epic rooftop chase

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the rocketship that is used exactly once

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it was ok

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the hovercraft race announcer that says the h-word

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

Michel makes a comment pretty much every year that he's been working on it with a small hand picked team which partially explains at least why it's taking so damned long - Ubisoft is definitely involved to some extent though.

Really long dev times rarely make for a good game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

gently caress off.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. Also, suck my dick."

- Shigeru Miyanoto

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im really interested in Ni-Oh, the PS2 game that's been in development for 12 years and is coming out this year

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Im really interested in Ni-Oh, the PS2 game that's been in development for 12 years and is coming out this year

It looks like an Onimusha Souls game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

i always got the feeling that BGE2 was basically a test-bed of sorts for new technology and development tools that would then be dispersed throughout the rest of the ubisoft empire - perpetually in an incubator, but with tiny little bits and pieces of it shipping in every assassins creed and watch dogs

sort of like half-life 3 i guess

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
This thread is poo poo.
Or good, depending on how you look at it

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

The Kins posted:

i always got the feeling that BGE2 was basically a test-bed of sorts for new technology and development tools that would then be dispersed throughout the rest of the ubisoft empire - perpetually in an incubator, but with tiny little bits and pieces of it shipping in every assassins creed and watch dogs

sort of like half-life 3 i guess

Hella nope

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Gimbal lock posted:

This thread is poo poo.
Or good, depending on how you look at it

WHat in Gods name are you talking about. I wish Ubiosft had cancelled all your AssCreed games and made BG&E2 instead AND BG&E3.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also you never gave me a beta for your bushido blade type game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

same

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Black Baby Goku posted:

Also you never gave me a beta for your bushido blade type game

I haven't forgotten your request if that's what you're worried about.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
It's not bushido blade unless you can terrify women with thrown frogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

net cafe scandal posted:

WHat in Gods name are you talking about. I wish Ubiosft had cancelled all your AssCreed games and made BG&E2 instead AND BG&E3.

Don't forget that for Ubisoft, France is still head honcho. In the end, what gets done is based on what they say should get done. Pinning all of the blame for sequels on the Montreal studio isn't fair or accurate at all.

• Locked thread