Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carp
May 29, 2002

Album Title: Alien 33
Artist: Integral Carp
URL: https://soundcloud.com/integral-carp/sets/alien-33
Genre: Dark Ambient Avant-garde

Would love some criticism. Let me know what you think.

Carp fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carp
May 29, 2002

Also, an apology is due for the drive-by post. I haven't made a contribution to community in over 4 years and even then it was only in the form of quick CD cover designs. Hadn't considered how self-serving the post was. Sorry about that. :/

Carp fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 6, 2016

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Not from around these parts but unless this place moves pretty slow I'm unsure why you've had no response. Maybe people don't like this kind of stuff.

Liking it so far, perfect for sitting in an office alone with headphones on writing emails. Makes it easy to really get absorbed.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Carp
May 29, 2002

apatite, reply appreciated. Thanks for taking the time. Great to hear that you found the EP interesting. Were you able to get through the whole thing?

Do having anything you'd like to share that you've worked on? I'd enjoy returning the favor.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Had not listened to Stranger Man or State of Affairs, just had a go and like the feel for sure! State of Affairs is probably my favorite but looks like it is not getting as many plays :(

My soundcloud has some stuff you can check out if you want, the older ones are live dj mixes https://soundcloud.com/mudfarmer I am super new to this stuff (just having some fun) so feedback definitely appreciated

Carp
May 29, 2002

apatite, I listened to your SoundCloud tracks; DJ mixes and original songs. The sets mashed together a selection of genres I hadn't heard mixed before. They sounded competent but I'm not familiar with Electro Swing. Re: original work, I think you have a good ear for sound and rhythm. The mastering struck me as dull and soft but that might just be because it's something I've struggled with for awhile. Balancing loudness, clarity, spectrum and dynamic range is a massive technical struggle.

Keep it up! Your two last tracks were the most appealing. And Shamoozey was a great find. Love his voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

Carp posted:

apatite, I listened to your SoundCloud tracks; DJ mixes and original songs. The sets mashed together a selection of genres I hadn't heard mixed before. They sounded competent but I'm not familiar with Electro Swing. Re: original work, I think you have a good ear for sound and rhythm. The mastering struck me as dull and soft but that might just be because it's something I've struggled with for awhile. Balancing loudness, clarity, spectrum and dynamic range is a massive technical struggle.

Keep it up! Your two last tracks were the most appealing. And Shamoozey was a great find. Love his voice.

Thanks, this is very helpful! Am indeed struggling with the mastering but can only assume this will take more than the month or two I've been messing around to get right :)

• Locked thread