Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

gentle pete posted:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Veggie Cereal; Vegan, Gluten-free. Serves one.

[snip]

The cinnamon will stick to the veggies since they are wet (DROOOOOL).

[snip]

Note: this is actually better than the original cinnamon toast crucb cereal, in my opinion! Plus-it's SUPER HEALTHY....AND it doesn't get soggy when you add the almond milk! SCORE!

Just imagine being so utterly terrified of death that you force your brain to accept raw vegetables floating in almond milk as delicious alternative cereal. Jesus person live a little, there are plenty of nice healthy grains :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

axolotl farmer posted:

It's by renowned American artist Paul McCarthy. He does elaborate art stuff with ketchup, mayo and Hershey's syrup. Also giant buttplug trees and stuff.

In Rotterdam, the Netherlands. They come in several different colours!

They put a giant inflatable buttplug tree up in Paris but some goober stabbed it because ca n' est pas Francais huu huu :qq:

Here in the Netherlands, a staple of every grandma's birthday is the cold fish party platter. While all other dishes have evolved over time, these still celebrate the flavours and aesthetics of the very best 70's centerpieces in a riot of fish, fruit and hardboiled eggs.

PiratePing has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Apr 23, 2016

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck
Looks like tripe, one of the few things I truly can't stomach. One night my friend's elderly husky escaped and ate two sheep before returning home. Tripe tastes like her horrible sheep-entrail farts :gonk:

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

Fishstick posted:

I love drunk food. Belgium has the mitraillete, which is a baguette with any 'meat' the fryshop has per your choice, fries and sauce

I tried the mitraillette last week because my friends insisted, the collective gastrointestinal distress was severe. It wasn't even good. Belgian fries are usually unsalted "because it tastes more like potato", so you just have layer upon layer of bland carbs that you hopelessly shake a salt packet at in the hope that it will drive away the flavour of old, slightly under-temperature fryer fat. As is the case in the above picture, the fries will have brown edges and hold their shape but somehow fail to be crispy, holding only just above soggy.

Belgium's greatest culinary offense is that they think anything can be improved by diluting it with mayo. Spicy sauce? Mayo with a whisper of sambal or sriracha. Tuna salad? Mayo that once shook hands with a tuna can. Even garlic sauce only tastes like mayo that tried to hit on garlic in a bar one time. The worst was when I asked for barbecue sauce on a sandwich and got mayo mixed with American smoky barbecue sauce. The general effect is that everything tastes the same way going down as it would coming up :gonk:

Disclaimer: really good Belgian fries with unadulterated mayo are really good

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I feel like you went to a really terrible place to try and eat fries. This is not something that usually happen, and besides, if it does, there's always a huge salt shaker on the counter.

Oh I know, that's why I said really good Belgian fries are fantastic. Good fries are a rare find though, and the merely average ones are invariably super sad. As an arrogant, loud-mouthed Dutch oppressor I'm not allowed to say this in real life, but average Dutch fries are miles better than average Belgian ones.

Yes there is always salt available (I've never gotten pre-salted in Leuven, maybe it's regional), but the thing is that if you try to salt them after they cool the salt doesn't stick so you just get half bland, half overly salted. In what silly universe is "salt makes potatoes less flavourful" considered a reasonable thing to say anyway? :colbert:

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck
The weirdest mukbang videos are the ASMR ones where they focus on slurping and crunching as loudly as they can, even whispering throughout. Apparently the sounds trigger a pleasant tingly nerve response in some people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0vLGuTM0zk

They seriously put me off my feed :gonk:

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

diabeetz posted:

Yeah gently caress this $8 gouger, but I support red wine infused cheese. I can't remember the price right now but it was basically an old cheddar with red wine marbled through it which looked cool and tasted nice.

It's Stilton, you skewer the whole cheese on a bottle of port then flip it over and leave it for a month. I think it's a British Christmas thing.

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

CommonShore posted:

Donair sweet sauce made from sweetened condensed milk is definitely a thing and it's good.

Condensed milk plus sugar sounds disgustingly cloying but drunk me tells me she would, with gusto and whipped cream on top

Tart yogurt sauce is supreme though

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

elise the great posted:

You don't wanna eat the bugs, you wanna eat what the bugs are eating. Or more specifically, the things the bugs would eat if they could get through the rind.

Sometimes I wonder if I have an extremely strange relationship with food

Fruit evolved specifically to be tasty so that animals will eat it and help plants disperse their seeds. Fruits are tastiest when they're perfectly ripe so that the seeds will have the best chance of survival.

Your relationship with food is the result of a couple of million years of careful evolutionary market testing and conditioning (Brightly colored packaging! Sweet & juicy! Great for eating on the go!) , compelling you to punch that idiot bee and steal its lunch.

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

Iron Crowned posted:

Dr Pepper is my drink of choice when booze isn't available, but I may try this when the temperature drops below 50, because what if it's actually good?

Who could resist that comforting summertime aroma of wasp traps gently fermenting in the sun??

E: have a sip

PiratePing has a new favorite as of 10:06 on Sep 11, 2019

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

.Z. posted:

Made ducknaise with a duck egg and duck fat. It feels like I crossed a karmic line somewhere.

Stealing this to impress my southwest French in-laws

Christmas dinner starts by opening a huge can of confit de canard and then drowning every single side dish in the fat except the foie gras, which is fried in goose fat. Not AFP at all, but try to tell that to your guts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck
E: ^^That makes sense!

You're completely right, but which part of my post makes you think "too much fat" is in grandma's vocabulary?

You sop it up with crunchy bread to feed to people passing through the kitchen or save it to cook the peas in the next day. Maybe make a gravy. Don't let it go to waste now! Remember The War!

PiratePing has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Jan 11, 2020