Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Had a friend in high school that could put away an entire grande combo by herself. That's ten tacos or burritos.

Unsurprisingly, she is also a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Noodle omelette looks okay, but what the gently caress is this?

Why is it green?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
One of my former roommates left food out all the time, but they were his pots and pans so I usually just left them. The two worst offenders were a pot of tuna rice, and a stockpot full of chicken mushroom soup. I foolishly thought he had actually put the soup away since he said something about taking some of the leftovers to his girlfriend's place, until I went to move the pot off my drat countertop a week later. Eventually I just abandoned the pot outside so I wouldn't have to see it anymore. Presumably it was eventually cleaned or thrown away after he moved out, about two months later, but I honestly have no idea. :barf:

uber_stoat posted:

the secret to making really great cheese is you let bugs chew on it for a while.

What kind of bugs? This is important.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Does anyone have the picture of the food container for sale that just says party food. It had some gross brown slop in it. I've been looking for it, and I haven't had any luck. It seems like randaconda posted it here at some point, but the imgur link is dead.

So this just came across my twitter feed.. :barf:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That looks like a dare. Or a prank.

dank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Elviscat posted:

I mean, those open refrigerators are loving awful, I used to have to take temps on them when I worked at a grocery store, and while the coldest bits were the right temp, the food never was.

And yeah, they're all over the US, maybe the form factor is a bit different which weirds people out?

Those sandwiches don't need much refrigeration though, they're packed in a CO2/CO mix that keeps bacterial growth pretty low.

E^^^ yeah, and if sold it's right next to the sandwiches.

I've been to a wide variety of grocery stores in the UK, and grocery stores vary more between States than they do between the US and UK.

I used to work the sushi counter in a grocery store. One corner of the display case was never cold enough, but I was the only one actually taking temps and logging it, and nobody seemed to care enough to fix it. My supervisor would diligently fill out the temp logs every day, even on days she wasn't in the store.. by just writing in whatever the numbers should be, and couldn't understand why that was wrong.

On inspection days they would shove product in the blast chiller before putting it on display so it would still be a safe temp by the time of inspection. :sigh: