Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Schubalts posted:

Why keep the bun warm? that just means you have to rush to eat it because the ice cream will melt much faster.

Why serve warm pudding with cold ice-cream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

A Swedish classic

Wrong thread.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

kith_groupie posted:

I always leave the skin on for mashed potatoes too. Gives it a nice texture and a little bit more flavor, otherwise it's just a bland pile of mushed up potatoes.

Then you're not putting enough butter in. Also probably using the wrong sort of potatoes (désirées are the ones you want).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MJe5wKT7Y

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

CuteStorm posted:

Vegan pizza.
Is that chunks of tofu just dumped on there? If you wanted a vegan pizza, why wouldn't you just make a regular pizza without meat or cheese? Like, olives, capsicum, herbs, sauce. You don't need to add tofu to everything.

CuteStorm posted:

This next one is a loving chicago style pizza with pasta, fries, garlic, and cheese.
Would.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

No cornflakes left, so just pour milk over some corn?

CuteStorm posted:

And finally, the one that really made my skin crawl. This one just said "dessert".
Looks like some sort of preserved fruit in syrup.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

EorayMel posted:

cross posting from gbs:

Make your own AFP McDonalds burger here!

https://buildyourburger.mcdonalds.com.au/

example:

They seem to have added limits to it so you can't build giant stacks of things any more. :(

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I even tried that, wondering why nobody submitted one but of course you have to choose a bun.

The weird thing is, it says "or go bunless" but you can't. :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

NO

PIZZA

RULES!!!!

:nsacloud:

(via)

These look bland, certainly, but not bad as such.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

If you go to nice restaurants, there's usually no salt or pepper on the table because you're supposed to enjoy it how the chef/cooks prepared it. Apparently (according to my buddy who is a sous chef) it's somewhat insulting to the chef; basically saying that what he prepared isn't seasoned or tasty enough.
Anyone who's insulted by someone putting condiments on the food they cooked needs to get the gently caress over it or stop cooking for others. Different people have different tastes and preferences, that is not an insult, you giant baby.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pomp posted:

are you the fucker who embarasses the whole table by asking for ketchup at a nice resteraunt
Pretty much the opposite. I rarely even add salt or pepper to anything. I have cooked lasagne for a friend who immediately put tomato sauce on it though, and if I cook for him again I'll make sure the bottle's on the table right from the start, because if that's how he likes it then who am I to stop him?

cyberia posted:

Conversely, if I cook something for you and you smother it in salt or pepper or ketchup without taking at least one bite of the dish as it was served I will kneecap you.
I can't imagine caring about this. Someone likes different flavours to you? Oh, what an insult! Do you fly into a rage when someone wears clothes you don't like?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

You should at least try it as intended. How would you know you want to add salt or whatever if you didn't do that, anyway?

Maybe I've tried i before? Maybe I just know I like a lot of salt on my food? Maybe I just literally never eat anything without tomato sauce on it? Who cares?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Xen Tricks posted:

Really? From where? Most food I've bought that's import with the original local packaging is still in kcal

I'm in Australia and I've never paid any attention to it before, but I just checked a few packages of things I have in the house and everything had KJ, with some things also listing calories.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Waci posted:

So they served your food the way it's supposed to be, explained to you why it has to be that way when you asked, and then re-did it the way you wanted it, and this is a cause for complaint.

If you run a business where you serve food, then your job is to serve it the way your customers want it. If you get all lovely with them and then gently caress it up on purpose when they don't like what you're doing, you're a dickhead and should get out of that business.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Somfin posted:

Tiggum, in a sushi restaurant: Why the gently caress did you serve me raw fish
Chef: That's what sushi is you twonk
Tiggum: Cook it properly
Chef: It is
Tiggum: My needs are not being catered to by your establishment
Chef: Maybe you should try things that are different, they might be that way on purpose
Tiggum: But that would require me to consider the idea that my cultural norms might not be universal so please fix the food the way I like it before I press submit on this negative Yelp review
Chef: *sighs and blowtorches the already-served sushi*
Tiggum: You have made this rather awkward

How far does this go? I ordered a pizza with extra onions the other day; was that OK or should I have respected the integrity of the pizza chef's vision? Can I order breakfast at a cafe and get my eggs scrambled instead of fried, or would that be a grave insult?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not sure why, but this happened and it is a treat.

It's a copy/paste of this article.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Holy poo poo, some of those reviews:

Milo with condensed milk and sugar? Are you trying to get diabetes? :stare:

Thank god for this woman, I would have had no idea how to open a tin otherwise! :downs:

A kilogram of milo per month, per person. Healthy! :eng99:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

The name is so lazy. "Guakalemole". There. 10 seconds and a better name.

No, theirs is better.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pomp posted:

that's ham?

It's clearly bacon.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Haifisch posted:

You're the person complaining that food with a bit of pepper on it is "too spicy", aren't you.

How does not liking overly sweet things relate to not liking spicy things?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Vantablack is made by burning pizzas.

Is it too soon for a new thread title?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Fishstick posted:

And also the dutch-sourced "kapsalon" ("hairdresser's"), which is fries, topped with döner or shawarma meat, grilled with a layer of Gouda cheese until melted and then subsequently covered with a layer of dressed salad greens. Usually drowned with garlic sauce and/or sambal.

This is definitely the wrong thread for that.

SynthOrange posted:

:australia: drunk food:

They're called Halal Snack Packs and are causing a political storm because 'halal' hahah.
I walked past a place selling these today and was pretty tempted, but I'd just eaten a sandwich so I decided against it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Julias posted:

Might want to get some glasses dude.

That's glass.

"Ice" is Australian for meth. It was a joke.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

I've seen really weird vegan "melting cheese" that's some kind of weird chemical goo that melts and tears kind of like mozzarella.

Tiggum posted:

As promised, I have returned with "bio cheese".

I don't know what it has to do with faith-based fasting, but other than that it all seems pretty straight-forward. Well, except for the "vegan flavours" listed in the ingredients. But whatever those are, they're not animal products, gluten, soy, lactose, palm oil or genetically modified.

What good is cheese if you can't eat it on crackers? And you can eat this on crackers. It's kind of cheesy. The flavour and texture is sort of half way between cheap cheddar (like Coles Smart Buy tasty cheddar) and processed cheese (like Kraft singles). Fairly bland, fairly inoffensive. But I notice that it also claims to be "easy melt", and that seems like a claim that must be tested.

It doesn't look very melted but it turns out it just holds its shape disturbingly well. It's actually very soft, almost liquidy now. It has a very smooth texture, and a more interesting flavour as well, almost like a bechamel sauce.

Straight out of the pack it's entirely unremarkable, but melting definitely improves it. I actually quite like it. I'm impressed really. It's a serviceable replacement for cheese in sandwiches and would probably work pretty well on pasta, maybe even on pizza. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but I'd happily eat it again.
I ended up throwing out about half of it. To begin with it was OK, but on subsequent occasions I found myself liking it less and less. There's something about the flavour that I just couldn't quite identify. It was weird. Not unpleasant, but just this subtle reminder that what you're eating is not any kind of cheese.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

sweeperbravo posted:

It'd be like going to the liquor store and seeing boxes of Duff beer in real life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duff_Beer

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Veggie salad with eggs, dressing, toast.

This particular one looks pretty bad, but tuna pizza is a pretty normal thing. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Looks good.

Somfin posted:

Please

For the love of God and Jesus and all that is untainted by sin

Can we please have rules about this
No pizzaburger hot dog rules. :colbert:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

Also what is it with these loving people and not warming their hotdog buns? Not even microwaved by the look at it, much less buttered and grilled. How is that a pleasant texture?

How is fresh bread pleasant? What?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Went out for my father's birthday the other day and it occurred to me that things like parmas, steaks, etc that come with chips are always served in an unnecessarily inconvenient way. It seems that they put the chips on the plate then stack the meat on top when it would make much more sense to do it the other way around. It'd be easy to clear the chips off the top, but it's inconvenient to have to drag them out from underneath.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sometimes when I can't be bothered cooking them properly, I like to put an egg in a bowl, whisk it, and microwave it covered for 30 seconds, take it out, cut the cooked bits into little pieces and put it back in for another 15 seconds.

Panfilo posted:

Lots of reasons people are terrible at cooking:
You missed one. Some people just don't care about food. For whatever reason, they just don't enjoy it that much (not that they don't enjoy it at all, it's just a really minor thing not something they look forward to or care about) and so they never bother to cook anything that takes any kind of effort because they know it won't pay off for them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I saw these "corn snacks" in the supermarket the other day:

They look like packing peanuts and they're made of 100% corn.

And they taste like packing peanuts too! I've never seen them before and I don't expect to see them again, because I can't imagine anyone buying them twice. I have no idea who they're supposed to appeal to. They don't taste of anything much, and they get all stuck in your teeth.

And today I had a halal snack pack, which was actually really good, but looks pretty terrible.

That's chips, grated cheese, lamb, and garlic sauce.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Are those the sort that deflates in your mouth?
Nope. They're almost crunchy but not really.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Trillian posted:

To be fair, if you want something vegetarian you have to ask. Tons of restaurant vegetable dishes use chicken stock or other meat flavourings.
I don't remember the last time I went to a restaurant where the menu didn't explicitly state which items were vegetarian and which were gluten free.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

You have to draw the line somewhere, i mean cheese is technically not vegetarian because of the microbes. So where do you draw it? Fish are a really dumb form of life, they seem like a good place to put the dividing line.

There's a pretty large range within the category of fish though. If you're allowing all fish then you probably should allow a lot of other animals too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Is Donair sauce the same everywhere? It's condensed milk, sugar, garlic powder, and vinegar in Nova Scotia, which has a crazy Donair scene and is where I learned to drunkenly love Donair. Pizza Corner for life.
Both the spelling and the sauce seem to be local to Canada according to Wikipedia.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dnešní protisklerotická dieta, Brokolicový nákyp s kuřecím masem, brambory, polévka květáková, salát.

Google translate says: Today has anti-diet, broccoli pudding with chicken, potatoes, cauliflower soup, salad.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

twoday posted:

It's a specific medical diet that is designed to prevent hardening of the arteries through reduced cholesterol intake (note the tray, this person is in a hospital, likely recovering from a heart attack or something).

It's from here.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

they're popular in North America too but mostly they come coated in bright orange cheese powder

Yeah, I'm familiar with the type of thing, it was the total lack of flavour that made them unusual.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Leviathan Song posted:

What is this? I think I see sugar cubes and potato sticks.

Maybe it's feta or pineapple? The lighting makes it hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That looks like something I would make.

I don't know what this is but it looks delicious.