Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

13Pandora13 posted:

I made a big batch of koshari (-pasta) for my work week lunches. It's a good candidate for the "tastes amazing, is good for you, looks like dog vomit" category:

Oh dude you forgot the tomato sauce and onions.
And shame on you for not spicing your rice to be browned up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wanamingo posted:

It's a pastry called kanafah that's stuffed with too much cheese, covered with noodles, baked, and then drenched in a sweet syrup.

it's not really noodles. It has more in common with Filo pastry than anything else.

Also that's too much cheese and the less cheese version is delicious.
Specially with Orange blossom syrup oh man :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electrical Fire posted:

They're called Timbits :canada:

I hope Tim doesnt miss them, whoever he is

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eh. Its like unfined beer.
As long as it tastes good i Would.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I thought it was black lentils

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, you're so right. Someone should really tell those poor people they're using lovely and ingredients and to pick up some actual cheese instead.

In the UK there even the most basic cheddar is actual cheddar.
as in an actual pure dairy product.

Really the only reason velveeta is that widespread is because of the effect of past USA depressions without a strongly established real cheese industry.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I havent had a dog in so long I could eat them at every meal for the next two weeks.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Honey mustard is an abomination unto the Lord.

Correct.
Give me English mustard or give me death.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not, it's just oooof, filming a food review using a sofa, it just makes me cringe.

It's not so much a food review as a review of cheap tat of all kinds. Dollar store stuff.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Urgh.
The only place soft squishy small organ meats should go is in a sausage or a pate.

Scratch that all organ meats are cool and good and people should eat more of them.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 12:33 on May 21, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Waci posted:

Wouldn't pastries just get soggy if you put them in a cocktail?

We are never going to let this one go are we?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like how facebook is trying to hint that this is some secret Qabbalistic message thats ripe for a decoding

Because I know i cant understand it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mass produced pastry buns :gonk:
The amount of sugar, salt and oil in them must be just unimaginable.

(Never mind that nutrlla is like 9080% palm oil already, which is terrible in its own right :stonk:)

VV:
Non fresh pastry (croissants, filled buns, doughnuts etc.) That come in a packet are universally terrible.

Id be fine with it if it was one of those weird regional mcds things where they break the mold and make it fresh.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 11:08 on Nov 12, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres this gianduja spread that I rarely find stocked round where I live. Hella loving expensive (must be all the organic labels) for like a 200g jar (for reference its price can get you one of those 750g nutella jars) but it actually tastes like choclate and hazelnuts.

Nutella isnt really that bad though, its just that people tend to go loving hog wild and apply inch thick coatings of the stuff. I blame creperies for being stingy so people feel the need to overcompensate :colbert:.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

subpar anachronism posted:

I'm all for being healthy but that seems like an awful lot of effort/attention paid to a smear of pudding for someone who wants to #EatToLiveNotLiveToEat.

Youd think that kind of person would go for soylent.

But no gotta post my hard work about being all this low fat no gluten sugar fre-

Brb making an instagram account and gonna post high class restaurant plated soylent.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Huh.
Ive always heard it as them decrying meat and hot food as the greatest evils that we have ever inflicted upon our (assumedly) delicate bodies.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

chitoryu12 posted:

My brother is allergic to orange juice, but only the processed stuff in stores. He can drink fresh juice and eat oranges, but something added to the juice during the production process on the way to the shelves fucks it up.

You sure its juice
Not drink
Or simulated fruit liquid

Cuz juice (if thee reside in america) can only be 100% fruit.
Else he may be allergic to things processed in the same place. Or one of the super juicy varietals they like to use.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its not no flavor.
The various light aromatics usually kept in by the rind (and the cause of why ripping open an orange makes the smell jump everywhere: theyre quite volatile) get destroyed or lost during various processes to store/concentrate/deaerate etc.

Itll still taste like oranges, just not fully and completely like one because youre missing all the olfactory portion of the taste.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cardamom infused vodka/neutral spirit of choice.
Strong tea w/milk
Splash of cream (for extra better muddle in some butter while its hot instead of cream.)
Pinch of salt.
Drink while warm

Chai shots!

Disclaimer
Too much spice infuaed stuff can be rough as gently caress on your stomach. For example saffron is actually pretty drat toxic.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Nov 25, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Semisponge posted:

I've seen a Moroccan recipe for sheep's skull that included checking the eye sockets for maggots.

Yeah you check the eye sockets, nasal passages and the whole sinus system. Theres this rather annoying pest of a fly that lays its eggs inside the nasal passages of sheep. It really ruins your appetite when you crack open the head and you find the gently steamed remains of some super fat maggots.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

drrockso20 posted:

So when you find them, do you just throw out the head or is this one of those things where you just have to clean out the maggots most of the time and it will be fine to cook?

That specific maggot only feeds on mucus, so normally, no. Its just a hell of a put off.
Tongue, cheeks and brains are the 'prime' bits on a head anyways.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There are no martini rules seeing as no one on this earth can agree how much vermouth should be in one.

1.no pizza rules.
2.no martini rules.
3.The above can apply through the transitive property. i.e: if something is also a pizza or a martini rules that may have applied dont.

A pizza with olives is therefore a virgin martini

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 12:14 on Nov 27, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its actually "NO, PIZZA RULES."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nuevo posted:

It's oregano.

A likely story
Off to the slammer with you, reefer

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Only the Burger King (or His royally appointed emissary) can write new burger rules!

This is a goddamn burger republic
Im not having our house of pattymelt overruled by some overdone king and his BBQueen

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Butter everything.

Well hey I was trying to find a good joke about her diet but this is fine

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wanna see the venn diagram of 'crap cooks', 'diet fad followers' and 'completely ignorant of anything approaching proper nutrition'.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

See thats actually pad thai tho

Just missing the fish sauce which he could have subbed in some other source of umami, soy sauce would be good but is not savory enough

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 12:47 on Dec 9, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I heart bacon posted:

. They were awesome sauce.
https://youtu.be/Th7Mx2B4sXg?t=3m40s

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Subjunctive posted:

Square cut is good if you're feeding younger kids.

Also if you are pizza is too big and loaded with toppings

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

For me i cant distinguish between UHT, pasteurized or fresh milk as an ingredient when its part of something else.
The latter two are indistinguishable IMO when theyre from the same source.
What matters really is the sugar, protein and fat levels, like jersey cow milk is pretty high in fat by itself and super creamy, but isnt that sweet. And more protein Ive felt can compensate a bit in mouthfeel for low fat milk, but only up to a certain point.

Also gently caress corn fed cow milk
Rank rear end poo poo from a satanic cows rear end in a top hat

(of course your organic unpasteurized milk tastes different, bucko, it comes from different places and different types of cow eating different types of food)

RareAcumen posted:

Small Pasty saga must be added to the OP.

Yeah american versions of english shows suck

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 15:26 on Dec 19, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ah, tapioca, or some say boba

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

God i feel like a broken record

No pizzer yules

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Dec 21, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I love my hot dough topped with congealed milk fat, rendered down tomatoes and cured intestine cased mystery meats.

(Actually I miss pepperoni and I havent had access to proper charcuterie for a long long time)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ring on the wrong hand but good red coloring

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mng posted:

Some nice, yellow, remoulade.

Vinegar is terrible and England should be ashamed.

All fermented condiments and relishes are good. :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Comittment to an internet joke

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Recommended by Sean Bean!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Imagine being a middle ages rich person, having just spent a good deal on this...coriander spice that travelled up from the silk road, ingredients that are comparably expensive and a chef to prepare it all.
Then lol genetics

And I think my national cuisine weeded out any soapy cilantro gene havers from the gene pool i emerged from. Either by them starving to death or by driving them out of the country.
Eugenics through food

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 14:37 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

invisible jerk posted:

I have no idea

The saddest dip