Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gotta make sure it's fresh on the plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The less stuff tastes like fish the better tbh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OwlFancier posted:

Using the can water doesn't seem weird? Like the veggies have been soaking in it you want whatever possible flavour you can extract from your can of sad veg and you need to add water anyway for it to cook, so just use the can water and reduce it as needed? Like if you have too much water just make it hot with the lid off and water go away.

The weird thing for me is adding salt cos I imagine they're probably pretty salty to begin with. Or like, add an oxo cube or something instead at least god drat.

Nah (at least in the UK) tinned veg used to be super salty when I was a kid, that's why I liked them because my mum doesn't believe in seasonings, but they're all reduced/no salt and super bland now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Filling those with rice and large greenish grey tubular things is not the most appetising look

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love a good steak n kidney pudding and those look minging

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reminds me of the restaurant from Naked Lunch which made their food infinitesimally worse constantly over time until people were eating literal garbage and proclaiming it the best thing ever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Glad the slug I found in my kettle one time was obviously plenty boiled

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe if the hoops were warm.....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jesus it just keeps going

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought it was mashed potato for a bit but probably some type of cheese

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They look like maggot holes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just some spider leg salad, what?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't tell me what the gently caress to do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah there should be mayonnaise on there too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Meat by the feet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

arugula, along w eggplant, is the plant w the weirdest american vs english name difference. 'rocket's should involve hydrazine and explosions, not good eating

Oh, I was wondering what the gently caress arugula was

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

free.... me.....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They were the green ones in Dune 2, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pease pudding pizza

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The toast sandwich is not something anyone eats here except for possibly extremely desperate poor people, so I guess maybe it's getting a comeback soon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I used to eat oxo cubes as a kid, or at least try to

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Used to be popular in the USSR I believe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah those chips look good, shame about the cheese

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gravy just like mum used to coagulate

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The opener is a holdover from when soldiers actually carried around tins with them so they didn't need a tin opener, guess it's just 'traditional' now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OwlFancier posted:

What is it?

Food after Bexit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chain pizza places like Dominos are stupidly expensive in the UK, like twice as much as you'd pay for a standard kebab shop pizza

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol closest Five Guys to me is Liverpool and I've resisted going in every time so far. Not that that's been often recently...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A luxury sofa

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah there's uh no cheese where you're supposed to eat the wax (probably)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow I physically recoiled thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Homemade meatball panini'. Would have said the meatballs tasted like they came out of a tin except they would have had some salt in then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Desert Bus posted:

What drugs were you on when you thought this would be good?

Not exactly what I expected when I ordered it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Scarodactyl posted:

Did you order it off a facebook ad?

No they have these restaurants now where you can look at a menu online and order it and they bring it to your door!
Sometimes it's horrifically not as described

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Is vimto like, some kind of fancy ribena or?
I looked it up and there's a bunch of poo poo about being an herbal berry health tonic but like... It's Ribena yeah?

Ribena (traditional) is just blackcurrant, Vimto is a mix of other fruits as well