Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Bosuzoku:japan::whatever the hell this is called:America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Land Fish posted:

Fixed that for you. One is from Canada, the one with the whole pizza and smaller bloody in the garnish is actually someone's art project, the rest can all be ordered in WI, Milwaukee area usually. They cost $20-$30.

If you ever see anything worthy of this thread involving alcohol, assume it's from Wisconsin. We have... a problem.

Oh no, I'm aware that those are technically Bloody Marys, but they've mutated evolved into some new, more savage entity. Didn't know that it was endemic to Wisconsin though, thanks.

To contribute... I'm pretty sure I found it in the last thread, but for vintage AFP go no further than the '70s Food Party on twitter; utterly revolting food, married to a time when unleashing a full thermonuclear arsenal on our society honestly would have been totally justified:

With retweets of other spooky stuff from the era

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

kloa posted:

I am phone posting, so I can't search, but someone should dredge up that nasty burger that was seeping blood and cheese out of its orifice :allears:

(I've already quoted it in the old thread, if that makes it easier to search)

Isn't that in the OP?
fake edit: nope, maybe I saw it in the last few pages of the old thread when suggestions were being solicited

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Alaois posted:

what is vegan cheese made of

I would say disappointment but that implies positive expectations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

EorayMel posted:

cheap poo poo canned fruit cocktail

FTFY...?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

That looks far worse than any canned fruit cocktail I have ever seen.

I dunno, it's got all the same stuff in it that you'd see in a Del Monte fruit cocktail, though the pinkish slurry it's bathing in looks like it's from a :airquote: tropical :airquote: fruit cocktail IIRC (not to mention the bananas that come in those things, those creepy canned banana chunks :stare:). I was phone posting so I didn't really get such a good look at it, but maybe being in a crockpot is the reason it looks so... sludgy?

It could just as well be somebody's own concoction, but there are things that just scream "canned fruit cocktail" to me in that picture.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I used to do that all the time. Yep, I concur, dat poo poo's pretty good. But now I'm the only one in the household who will eat bread n butter pickles, so I can't justify buying a jar if I'm the only one eating them.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Money is really tight right now but I tend to worry over this stuff more than is necessary. You guys are right, it is pretty ridiculous.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Speaking of, I saw this in the funny pictures thread.

:laffo: every time.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Apple Cabin Presents Chuck Tingle

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

...except I just lost my appetite. Gonna have some gin and call it a night.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

ForcedKen posted:

gently caress.

Lamprey Cannon posted:

They didn't.

They DIDN'T.

They DID.

:chanpop:

root beer has a new favorite as of 21:41 on Mar 26, 2016

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Skin contact with mercury is pretty awful too.

Granted, it wasn't elemental mercury but still :smith:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

I'm the poorly lit and textured CG model of literally everything

looks like a project I did fifteen years ago during my wasted art school years
e: maybe that is all photoshop, iunno, but jeet christ it all looks really cheesy

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

That said, I'm pretty sure most commercial ketchups state-side already have HFCF in them because heaven forbid we eat a thing that's not sweetened.

Hunt's doesn't have HCFS, seemed like they were making a big deal about it when they stopped using it. Still pretty sweet though.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Scathach posted:

When I took a handful of blueberries out of the garden last fall he gave me the weirdest look.

Just... I... what? Over blueberries? Christ, I'm sorry.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Scathach posted:

To be fair uncooked fruits/veggies make his throat itch. He eats blueberries, but getting them straight off the bush was a bit weird for the dude.

Wow, that sucks. I can kinda commiserate (but just kinda): kiwifruit makes my face itch and my lips swell a little. I think I may be allergic to the fuzzy skin.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

My dad was all about those tamales and Vienna sausages and other canned poo poo like that, but he'd end up mixing them with mashed potatoes or canned spinach or mackerel :barf:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Plinkey posted:

Aren't CareOne brands sold at Giant? I recognize that symbol from somewhere.

Maybe Stop & Shop? I think?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/722396039605592064

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hra Mormo posted:

So given some of the stuff that drives people up walls in this thread I think what I ate a while ago might qualify. I tried my best to get the unflattering lighting down. It's also missing a certain popular garnish to make it look extra sad, I had unfortunately run out. Let your imaginations fly free, dear friends.

Is that hash of some kind?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

Dinner today, over rice. Chicken, yellow onion, green onion, spinach, peppers.

A beautiful chef, I am not, but golly it tastes good.

You're fishing, aren't you? Because would, no questions asked.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Pretty sure "peppers" i.e. the capsicum fruits are completely unrelated to "pepper" the berries that you grind

Also pretty sure Pliny the Elder was a wuss and a picky eater :colbert:

Indeed, the heat from pepper (the spice) comes from the chemical piperine, not from capsaicin, as is in peppers (the fruit).

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Taco salad : walking taco :: whatever that is : crawling taco (?)

More like hit by a truck, severed spinal cord, dragging the dead lower half of its body to the other side of the road taco

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I thought that too, but I'm betting pancakes.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Cinnabon Pop Tart? :v:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

But that's quinoa, isn't it?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

But that's a seven-pack :smugbert:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

:(

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Scathach posted:

The stuff in the bottle is latex. They're making movie props.

Movie props, DIY :airquote: rib patties :airquote:, same difference

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Just going to quote this (and embed the video for helpfulness) because I think everyone just glossed over it.

No, pizza rules!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That's weird fake vegan cheez, isn't it? It doesn't look quite right. If so, just... why?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pizzaburger hot... d-dog? I know those words, but together they... I smell burning toast

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

The simple smear of mustard from the first burger builder thread was great.

I even tried that, wondering why nobody submitted one but of course you have to choose a bun.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I never put salt on anything, just because it never crosses my mind to do so. My dad had pretty bad hypertension when I was younger, so we all went on a low-salt diet with him for whatever reason, so I'm pretty much used to it. My wife, on the other hand, puts a ton of salt in everything, even if it's salted during cooking, and she thinks I'm the crazy one. Maybe the answer, like always, is in the middle???

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Seconded. Fifteen years ago I bought some bargain basement bathroom tile passed off as American Cheese Food ProductTM or whatever the hell the FDA wants to call it and not only did it not melt, it solidified in the microwave. It hardened, and it probably could have become even more so since it hadn't completely dried out in the process.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

RNG posted:

Sorry I don't have a trip report to post but I'm guessing they just taste like salt and beige.

Why is Max Weinburg throwing potato chips at me like Gambit.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

New thread title owns.

Also, there's no point of a photo because there's nothing visually AFP about it, but I accidentally bought sugar-free bread & butter pickles. That chemical aftertaste of Splenda and acesulfame potassium just overpowers everything else :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Artificial sweetener always bugs me. I had a roommate who swore there was no way I could tell the difference between diet and regular soda, and on that day I made an easy five bucks and learned how other human beings apparently have non-functioning tastebuds in one go.

Man my tastebuds are garbage and even I think that poo poo is revolting.