Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

does anybody know what's gonna happen in PR tomorrow? i submit that nobody does

i guess it's an open primary, and the partido republicano (which is affiliated with one of the parties in puerto rico's three-party system? eh gently caress it) endorsed marco rubio, and he's from sorta near there and i guess people figure he'll win. it's an open primary and the democrats are doing a caucus in loving june so you'd have to think turnout will be high.

i wonder how trump will do? will they stick with rubio?

i kinda vaguely assumed rubio would win hawaii too, on tuesday, but i dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I think some Rubots will go Cruz. Cruz's appeal as the non trump candidate will grow too.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

oystertoadfish posted:

does anybody know what's gonna happen in PR tomorrow? i submit that nobody does

i guess it's an open primary, and the partido republicano (which is affiliated with one of the parties in puerto rico's three-party system? eh gently caress it) endorsed marco rubio, and he's from sorta near there and i guess people figure he'll win. it's an open primary and the democrats are doing a caucus in loving june so you'd have to think turnout will be high.

i wonder how trump will do? will they stick with rubio?

i kinda vaguely assumed rubio would win hawaii too, on tuesday, but i dunno

If Rubio loses any non-state delegation it's like losing Florida for him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Jewel Repetition posted:

If Rubio loses any non-state delegation it's like losing Florida for him.

You're going to have to explain that one.

Does Guam participate in primaries?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Hollismason posted:

You're going to have to explain that one.

Does Guam participate in primaries?

guam, the virgin islands, and some other one i dont remember

edit: its american samoa

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah I was just reading up on the 5 territories, apparently Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands. Weird. Well Rubio is a lock I think then.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Rubio is gonna win only MN and all the islands, it's gonna own

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Prorat posted:

He didn't calmly refuse to support gay marriage. You make so much stuff up, its so weird.

Via Ballotpedia:

quote:

-In a June 28, 2015, interview on CNN's "State of the Union," Donald Trump was asked by anchor Jake Tapper how Trump's three marriages fit into the definition of "traditional marriage." Trump responded that someone asking the question has "a very good point" and suggested he was at fault for his divorces. Tapper said he wasn't asking for an explanation for Trump's divorces, but rather what he would say to a gay person on this question. Trump answered, "I don't say anything. I'm just for traditional marriage."
-On June 26, 2015, following the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling, Trump tweeted, "Once again the Bush appointed Supreme Court Justice John Roberts has let us down. Jeb pushed him hard! Remember!"
-On the issue of gay marriage, Donald Trump said during a November 2013 interview on MSNBC, "I think I’m evolving, and I think I’m a very fair person, but I have been for traditional marriage. I am for traditional marriage, I am for a marriage between a man and a woman.

Also, that's really what you're objecting to? Not the torture thing?

Pueidist
Jan 18, 2004

8-bit retirement home

[img

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Owned

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I was just reading up on the 5 territories, apparently Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands. Weird. Well Rubio is a lock I think then.

Also D.C., which is the only delegation that selects using a convention, and is strongly expected to go to Rubio for some reason.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

can't Hate the Nate

can't Chill the Sil(ver)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Can't Incarcerate The Five-thirty-eight

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Also D.C., which is the only delegation that selects using a convention, and is strongly expected to go to Rubio for some reason.

Defense contractors love him. (that's not a joke)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nate's probably going to have the final laugh in some convoluted development but it won't matter. the trump is in him now

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Immortan posted:

Bernie's white and he wants to nationalize a lot of stuff, don't see the problem. Hillary is the race, minority, and country traitor for a price.

I missed this post earlier, but it really exemplifies everything that's wrong about the Trumpenproles.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

logikv9 posted:

nate's probably going to have the final laugh in some convoluted development but it won't matter. the trump is in him now

thanks for making me picture a trump/silver vore comic.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Majorian posted:

I missed this post earlier, but it really exemplifies everything that's wrong about the Trumpenproles.

I honestly can't tell if you're playing a gimmick or not sometimes. If you are, its a pretty convincing, if tiring, gimmick but maybe you don't have to devote quite so much time to it.

If you aren't, and you actually sincerely think posts on SA are reflective of reality at all, or that being a posting warrior on an internet forum is accomplishing anything, yikes man. Seek help.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Slate Action posted:

Rubio is gonna win only MN and all the islands, it's gonna own

Marco Rubio is Aquaman

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Am I wrong here or does Cruz really not have a shot? His hypothetical strong states are all states that have voted or are Midwestern states with few delegates

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Pillowpants posted:

Am I wrong here or does Cruz really not have a shot? His hypothetical strong states are all states that have voted or are Midwestern states with few delegates

Pretty much. At this point he's just siphoning support from Trump and denying him delegates.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Nope. Cruz is probably close to done with earning state. Especially states that matter. Cruz is only up so close right now because he won Texas which is one of the four largest portions of delegates. Unfortunately, the other big states are likely less friendly to Cruz and probably more friendly to Trump, especially a state like New York and possibly California (though CA is too late to matter as much as it'll likely be more influenced by the momentum of the other states). If Cruz takes Florida, he'd have a decent shot, but nothing indicates him having any chance for the state when compared to Trump.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Not a Step posted:

I honestly can't tell if you're playing a gimmick or not sometimes. If you are, its a pretty convincing, if tiring, gimmick but maybe you don't have to devote quite so much time to it.

If you aren't, and you actually sincerely think posts on SA are reflective of reality at all, or that being a posting warrior on an internet forum is accomplishing anything, yikes man. Seek help.

I was being flippant, but all the same, Immortan did call Hillary Clinton a race traitor in that post, which is pretty :stare:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I am confused, how can people vote for Cruz? Especially after the booger eating thing?

Like next hes going to pull out some human organs and begin making a sandwich of them on tv and they'll still vote for him.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Majorian posted:

I was being flippant, but all the same, Immortan did call Hillary Clinton a race traitor in that post, which is pretty :stare:

If you can't get behind calling Hilldawg a filthy hyper-capitalist race traitor war criminal (or calling Bernie a pinko communist hippy snake oil salesman, if thats your bent) on these Something Awful comedy forums, I dunno man. Maybe you're taking either the election or the forums a bit too seriously? Or if its all just gimmick posting then roll with it I guess.

Mu Cow
Oct 26, 2003

Jewel Repetition posted:

What you're saying is, Rubio is this election's Walter Mondale.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm very unhappy as an American that the GOP's possible guys are either Trump or Cruz.

I admit I'm glad the GOP is fighting itself, but they'll all fall in line in the end so it doesn't matter.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Not a Step posted:

If you can't get behind calling Hilldawg a filthy hyper-capitalist race traitor war criminal (or calling Bernie a pinko communist hippy snake oil salesman, if thats your bent) on these Something Awful comedy forums, I dunno man. Maybe you're taking either the election or the forums a bit too seriously? Or if its all just gimmick posting then roll with it I guess.

take it from me, professor black people

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what primary season has been more entertaining than this one so far?

My 71 year old Torts professor said he's followed politics since he was a boy and nothing even comes close to this.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oiled and Ready posted:

My 71 year old Torts professor said he's followed politics since he was a boy and nothing even comes close to this.

not even the famous 64 and 68 prez elections were this insane this early

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I think you'd have to go back to 1912 or pre civil war to find anything comparable.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Aren't there primaries in Puerto Rico and Maine today? Think that showed up on one of the election sites, but can't find coverage.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

I think you'd have to go back to 1912 or pre civil war to find anything comparable.

Reports have just come out that Rubio has called Trump a slave rapist

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

mike12345 posted:

Aren't there primaries in Puerto Rico and Maine today? Think that showed up on one of the election sites, but can't find coverage.

Puerto Rico GOP and Maine Democratic, IIRC.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

mike12345 posted:

Yes, Democratic caucus in Maine, and republican contest in Puerto Rico. Decision Desk HQ's pages have both contests on the same pages as used for yesterday's

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

not even the famous 64 and 68 prez elections were this insane this early

Yea most of the famously insane elections got insane at the convention or whatever. This one just started out loving bonkers and kept going.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Not a Step posted:

It would be one thing if I thought Immortan were a gimmick or saying it ironically, but I do get the impression that he thinks anyone who doesn't vote Trump is a race traitor...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

Reports have just come out that Rubio has called Trump a slave rapist

Trump's support jumps to 206%

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gonna assume this is the Subpar Sunday thread as well now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vox Nihili posted:

Gonna assume this is the Subpar Sunday thread as well now.

Sure, why not

Anyway, Rubio apparently won PR, wooooo

• Locked thread