Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
And I'm caught up. I love this series so much I can't belive I overlooked an LP for so long.

I love seeing all the twists and turns of the cases play out (again), it's been to long since I last played the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Defense attorney: "I want to call a witness who can prove my client is not guilty."
Judge: "What does the prosecution think?"
Prosecutor: "We'll allow it."

Phoenix is lucky Edgeworth is (relatively) reasonable, had it been someone like Von Karma the answer would 100% have been "Nope, no dice" resulting in an instant guilty verdict. (Despite having played through this game series before, I'm still amazed whenever I see just how much the system is stacked against the defense.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Glazius posted:

In this particular case that would mean... what? The police discovered so little evidence against a serial killer that they murdered one of their own and framed the killer for it?

Maybe that they were 100% sure the dude had killed a cop but couldn't prove it, so they fabricated evidence to do so. I honestly don't remember, I didn't much like this case so I only played through it once.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

]img]http://lpix.org/2571401/Ema_Focused.png[/img]: but before he could... Mr. Marshall tackled him.

You got a busted img tag here.

Also I said it a few post back, but after reading this update I realized that I remember absolutely nothing about this case, except for the final solution. It'll be fun to see how it develops.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh my loving god I actually forgot Gant's got a loving pipe organ in his office :allears:

Also goddamn, Darke was a psycopath :stare: "Whoops, I accidentally killed this guy with my car, my bad. But that dude over there saw me! Gotta kill him too! Whoops! That lady saw me! No witnesses, gotta kill her too! And that kid! And that jogger!"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Edgeworth, my man!

:glomp:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

: You are aware of course that a police chief has all kinds of weapons at his disposal?
: "Weapons"...?
: Sure. Take my testimony, for example.
: I don't have to give it if I don't want to.
: What?
: Is that true?
: I'm afraid so...
: The Chief of Police has the right to refuse to testify.

OH COME THE gently caress ON :mad:

Just subpoena the motherfucker :mad:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Did...he just get struck by lightning indoors? :stonk:

Yes. Yes he did :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks for this LP! It was cool seeing this game again, I should replay it sometime.

(I had completely forgotten about everything in the final case, except for Gant being the culprit and the motivation. It's amazing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

You probably can if the one person is an experienced professional obliged to follow ethical and legal guidelines in their work as opposed to twelve randos who are there for one case.

In Italy the judge (or judges) decide on their own, but we're in a civil law system. Meaning they have to follow the letter of the law, not the spirit, and there is no such thing as precedent, each ruling is made autonomously. Plus they have to provide an explanation in wiring for their ruling, i.e. which laws they applied and why.

• Locked thread