Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVE
Jan 27, 2012

ProfessorProf posted:

We're currently between episode 2 and episode 3 - Jack Hammer's murder happens in one week.

That makes no sense though given that Ema talks about having a Pink Princess strap and Sal only gets the idea when meeting Maya as far as I can tell. I'm on to you game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

No, he's saying that currently, October 8 2016, is a week before events in the third chapter of this game happens.

That makes sense. Silly dense me. Also the live action adaptation of Ace Attorney is pretty decent and is available on Netflix (at least in Germany but I assume the same elsewhere). and deals mainly with the 2nd and 4th case if I remember correctly if people want to check that out.

CVE fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 8, 2016

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Double Plus Undead posted:

Wait suddenly now we care about due process? Are we sure this was by the same dev team?

It was added for the DS release and wasn't in the original game at least.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Any sane legal system wouldn't even consider Ema capable of standing trial due to being way too young when comitting the "murder". But then again this is Japanofornia!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Exercu posted:

She was 14. Plenty old in Japanifornia. Edgeworth was nine, and no one in the court seemed to find it weird that Edgeworth was confessing to that crime.

Huh 14 is older than I thought. For some reasons I thought Darke killings were much longer ago than two years. So no critic on my part then since it's the same age as here in Germany.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I would have loved if they completely no sold him and just told him to be quiet since he choose to use his right to remain silent prior and then went into the cross examination. But then again that wouldn't be the Phoenix we have come to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

They also didn't have trial by jury until a few years back.

Personally I'm not a fan of a jury system in any form. Professional judges should decide because they are more likely to distant themselves from the personal side of things and in theory should be able to render a fair judgement. But no system is or will ever be perfect. The adversial system in general scares me.

• Locked thread