Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

It's the first page and you tards have already brought up pro/rel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Fucitol posted:

wait about two seasons and your embarrassingly bad san antonio team will pony up the cash to join the vaunted ranks of teams that fill up baseball and dated football stadiums for fans to watch some pretty bad soccer

if you're lucky they'll have open try outs and your likely girthy goony rear end has a shot at making the reserve roster.

good luck and god bless this dumb league :patriot:

He should watch TFC in the meantime because most of our garbageman castaways end up in San Antonio anyway

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

plainswalker75 posted:

Okay, which one of you assholes is this?

This belongs in the weekend web thread

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

No, it sounded like a bright eyed early 20s female "social media representative" who knew nothing about MLS or soccer so I'm assuming she posts in this thread.

I kept getting e-mails about the Patriots because I went to one Revs game

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Gigi Galli posted:

who would like to be renamed this

me

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Um but actually 28 teams is real good, in fact there should be 32 if not more teams, because the country is big and other leagues have lots of teams too

- actual people

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

highme posted:

tacticool murse

Mods rename me

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

league doesn't even really start til our home opener imo

Big Jozy's five tools need to be appreciated in person

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Detroit Suck lovely

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

MLS thread, where "Tacticool murse" goes by without mention but owning sports paraphernalia is controversial

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Lol at the Giovinco moped tifo

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Gigi Galli posted:

Post that immediately

http://www.thescore.com/news/976287

Tiny babby Gio on his li'l moped vroom vroom vroom

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Hard to look bad rear end on a tricycle but at least it's not a video game reference

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

this league is a joke because somehow the union have 'discovery rights' on zlatan

good find, idiots

drat, give that scout a raise for finding that diamond in the rough

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

:siren: :siren: :siren: JOZY UPDATE :siren: :siren: :siren:

He's out 6-8 weeks, will miss up to 11 TFC games and the Copa

Great signing, good job

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Tigren posted:

TFC gonna miss all those goals Jozy was scoring. Oh, he hasn't scored at all this season?

Ah yes, but you see, his hold up play

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

Explain to me how you pull your hamstring taking a penalty.

"Hold up play" is the new "service" as the reason for why he's good even though he doesn't score goals, now that he actually gets service and still does gently caress all

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

yeah and then what? Watch MLS sober? gently caress that

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

lmao gently caress off forever soccer Yankees

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Hello Towel posted:

We're still in last place...but by fewer points! :woop:

congrats you did it

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

boom roasted

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

greg loving vanney

I thought Bradley was our coach

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Oduro's got one or two more left in him

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Your Boy Fancy posted:

SIGN HIM THIS INSTANT KASPAR YOU COCK

No gently caress you TFC calls dibs

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Perhaps Seattle would be interested in a breath of fresh air, an up-and-comer on the MLS coaching circuit, a student of the game if you will

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

You big dumb Seattle babies throw little hissy fits every time your team loses a game or two

Get on my level

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

DuhSal posted:

TFC good? They're on a bit of a hot streak lately. Helps that Giovinco is Giovinco again with 7 goals and 3 assists in 4 games.

Giovinco on = TFC good

Giovinco off = TFC bad

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

As someone who actually watches Jozy game in game out against my will I can assure you he's still garbage

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

trem_two posted:

Jozy being a competent MLS level striker still is a massive failure, when you factor his salary and DP designation.

This, he's a millionaire

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Seltzer posted:

Can't wait for Minnesota United FC to play Atlanta United FC in the I don't care please leave the league derby

To be fair Minnesota had it first, Atlanta had an opportunity to do something unique with a completely new brand and they still went with United

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Seltzer posted:

I'm aware but it's still uninspired and the fc tacked on after United annoys me. Also I dislike all new expansion teams, we're full.

Agreed, 20 teams is enough for now, this rapid expansion is retarded considering the entire basis of the league was to avoid doing exactly that

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

BUT ... all the oxygen is getting soaked up by the controversy over a "Montreal you suck" two stick:

https://twitter.com/ImpactLGBT/status/769929747937845249

In conclusion, BMO field is a land of contrasts. Thank you.

Golden opportunity to use the feels frog and they blew it

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I'd laugh if he got injured in training and was out for the rest of the season

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Moktaro posted:

Those are bad examples because they all have final SERIES, with the games alternating between the contestants in some fashion. Now if MLS Cup was a two-legged final you'd have less need for travel lead time, since each team's fans would have a home game to attend while the hardcores will find a way to make both. But that would be weird to our silly American sporting sensibilities.

Much like the silly end to the UEFA Champion's League, so fuckin' dumb and silly, so American

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

The Cascadia Cup...

Go gently caress yourself.

And I mean that, gently caress you and gently caress Cascadia.

The Voyageurs Cup is literally more meaningful than the Cascadia Cup lol

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Nobody loving cares

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Tigren posted:

Nope! I know nothing about it. But I enjoy taking public transportation to stadiums so when someone mentioned you could do that in Atlanta, I got excited.

Other than Portland, are there really any MLS stadiums you can take public transportation to easily?

BMO has two different transportation agencies that drop you off/pick up right from the stadium

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

The TFC media team sure is trying to get everyone pumped up about hosting a playoff game for the first time, and by playoff game I mean not really the playoffs yet also it took a literal decade :thumbsup:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Welcome to GBS posted:

Timbers 2016: This is the worst of all possible timelines.

http://www.kptv.com/story/33476159/two-timbers-players-arrested-on-duii-charges-in-lake-oswego

Also: Vancouver your city/stadium is beautiful. I hope you're as happy with your win as I am sad over our loss.

That's a janglin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Seltzer posted:

Can anyone tell me how LA and RSL's respective forms have been? I haven't paid much attention to the west. Injuries, in form players what have you. Also if Toronto fucks up beating philly they should fold the franchise.

This team's offered many better reasons to fold and it's still kickin

• Locked thread