Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tigren summed it up. I'm living in the past.

Through Him, in Him, with Him. In the unity of Il Bruce. All glory and honor is yours Almighty Bruce. Forever and ever.

#racetoseis

Let's not embarrass ourselves you fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

foobardog posted:

I like to hate Bruce Arena. It'll be weird to not have him to moan about everything.

His ultimate goal is to work for the league. He wants to have Joe Torre's job. Wouldn't that be glorious? He could complain about his own press conferences.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I can't believe we won that game. And that Mike Magee still has his magic powers of stealth and making defenses forget he exists.

Starter Injury list: Kennedy, Johnny Two Saints, Gerrard, Van Damme.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hungryjack posted:

Remember when LA traded Mike Magee away and they tried to pretend it was what everyone wanted?

Well that was on Mike. We were going to give them Jimenez or some scrub, but dude decided he wanted to go home.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Apparently, he has been sick all week and would have come off at half had Kennedy and Gio not needed subs. You know it's torture to Bruce to use even one sub before the 65th minute.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

The schedule this week:
code:
Mar 11
7:00PM EST		Orlando City	v	Chicago		UniMas

Mar 12 
3:00PM EST		New England	v	DC

4:00PM EST		Montreal	v	NYRB

4:00PM EST		RSL		v	Seattle

7:00PM EST		Colorado	v	LA

7:30PM EST		Columbus	v	Philly

8:30PM EST		Houston		v	Dallas

8:30PM EST		Sporks		v	Vancouver

Mar 13
5:00PM EDT		NYCFC		v	Toronto		ESPN2

7:00PM EDT		San Jose	v	Portland	FS1

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

That or just watch for free on their website.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It never ceases to amaze me how MLB and NFL teams can get cities to basically bankrupt themselves for the privilege of housing a team.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

I'm still amazed the Revs not only still play in an NFL stadium, but have no plans to move out. Like, you'd think in 21 years Robert Kraft would do something.

e: Why did nobody tell me Kraft was trying to get a South Boston stadium?

Because until like 18 months ago, it was a lie they'd been feeding their supporters since Day 1.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It also boils down to most of us having to deal with insufferable ex-pats extolling the glory days of Luton Town and how because they have an accent they know more about the game than us.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hungryjack posted:

Is that the homeless guy in question shown in the tweet?

drat beaten. I was going to ask if how many neck tattoos he had or if he ran an artisanal mustache wax business on Etsy.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

I'm guessing the rest of the land won't be for sale, and Beckhan will be screwed, because that's how his fortunes with Miami have been.

The rest is owned by the city.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

SeaTard posted:

I thought Garber promised to stop scheduling games during the international breaks.

He gave the teams the choice. The ones playing today opted in.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

4-6 weeks. At least we won a couple games early that we would usually have tied or lost.

Hopefully this means McBean gets more chances with the first team.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Yeah it was a red. So was Borchers' 2 tackles on Zardes in the first half. Both got yellows. The refereeing was horseshit all game. In an MLS game. By a FIFA referee who does CONCACAF games. News at 11.

This is what happens when the press, internet, and 'Ard Men whinge and moan about there being too many red cards issued and it's destroying the game. The refs get more conservative and we're back to where we need to be giving out more reds.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Welcome to GBS posted:

The first was MAYBE worth of a red card (though he definitely got the ball first) and the second it was incredibly clear after replay that he never touched Zardes.

I mean I guess if by not touching him you mean missing the ball entirely and kicking him in the ankles, then yeah, he didn't touch him. But he tackled him from behind, as Zardes was in on goal with just the keeper in front of him, with no contact on the ball. You could either get Borchers for DOGSO for the tackle when he was the last man, or you could get him for the tackle from behind.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hey guys! Did everyone else have a great weekend... Oh. Oh dang.

E: seems like reddit thinks Baptista's Pk was totally not a handball. Lol

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Welcome to GBS posted:

Have you seen how teams have been playing us? The Timbers are not an aggressive team, but every single team has brought a physical game into our faces, likely because it has proven to be an extremely method of stopping us. The proof is in the pudding: half of our starting line up is out, and a fair few of them are from tackles that were completely reckless.

If you want the Timbers in a clean game, you have to beat them at their own game, which I honestly think very few teams in MLS are capable of.

Please frame this post. Adi's elbows alone precludes your team from ever being considered 'clean', then you factor in Nat Borchers and Grabavoy, and it's not even close.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Welcome to GBS posted:

Cleaner than whatever poo poo team you follow.

Fantastic! You know what's funny? Your team has more fouls committed, yellow cards, and reds than mine.

Hint: My team is the Galaxy.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/04/13/yellow-card-ned-grabavoy-booked-tackle-gruezo

\/\/\/\/ I know! I'm having a wonderful time!

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 19, 2016

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Seltzer posted:

The Galaxy employ De Jong

That's what makes it funny to me. We have the absolute worst, most dirtiest player in the history of evar* and still we have less fouls, yellows, and reds than the Timbers, supposedly, the Cleanest Team in MLS™.

*According to the internet last week.

edit: I'd say the American EPL/La Liga fan is the worst fan in the world, with MLS fans coming in at #4 behind Eastern European Racism and Lazio fans.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Yes I do. I even joked about it. But for all the vitriol and really fun buzzwords like 'thug' I was hearing last week, he has stayed remarkably out of trouble for his entire career. He's got only 1 red card ever.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

I wonder if this is why we all got clear tote bags a couple weeks ago at the Stub.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

It's always been badly designed but maybe green for Earth day?

You are correct. I totally forgot there was an Earth Day. I remember it being big back in the 90s, but then it just went away.

In Dan Gargan news, he has resurfaced after being cut by LA in the broadcast booth. He's doing color for the Galaxy II game tonight and studio work for LA's game on Saturday.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

There's a lot of really bad teams - Jersey's early implosion being my favorite story - but can we talk about Colorado? Something is working up there. They were a solid team to start, and then they got Jermaine Jones. MacMath being replaced by Howard soon might make them the actual deadliest force in the West.

Pablo may have been right. Line up in pure defense and wait for openings. They're second in the league. That's nuts for a team that was pure dogshit last year.

I think they're Dallas-ing. They're getting 1-0 and 2-1 wins off of relatively bullshit goals that teams later in the year would never allow. I think they're going to regress heavily towards the middle/end of the season, but make the playoffs. Like Dallas does every year.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Star Man posted:

No matter how you feel about the Rapids, that's a loving hell of an improvement after two years of...whatever the gently caress that was.

Oh believe me, I'm just as shocked/impressed as the rest of the league. I thought Pablo had maybe 3 games before getting fired after that offseason.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

MoPZiG posted:

Give me the San Jose Clash and Miami Fusion over NYCFC or LAFC any day.

B-But that's not how Europe does it?!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hello Towel posted:

I personally never wear shorts, but other people of any gender identity can wear whatever they want

As long as it's not a jersey

So you're saying TactiKilts are ok, but not jerseys. :goonsay:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Colorado is #1 in the league. Let's all think about that and be ashamed that our teams are so lovely.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Is this the guy with the internalized defibrillator? I forget where he's from.

He's 22 with a heart defect that means he could die while 'under maximum exertion'. You better believe he's got more than just a defib. I'll bet he's got the same device I do that paces, defibs, and pumps all at the same time.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

So some guy is claiming on Twitter that Zlatan is leaving whatever team he's on in like 2 hours and going to the Galaxy.

So take that with however many grains of salt you need.

edit: Now it's like 3 or 4. Who knows if it's just one giant circular confirmation shitball though.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 13, 2016

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

So is it you who doesn't know what team one of the most famous players in the world is playing for or are you quoting someone else?

I know what team he plays for, but this was just so insane to me that it's not even worth it.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

:allears:
Yep, it's that time again. Time for some rando, or wicka, to swoop into the thread and remind us all we suck and things will only get better if their specific brand of genius were to be followed. But it isn't so we're all doomed to failure and we shouldn't even try to do anything.

To summarize: pro/rel = god, MLS is a Ponzi scheme, Don Garber is worse than Hitler. All Hail The European Way!

This is despite the fact most outside the top 4 teams of the top 4 leagues are in dire financial straights and would fold if they actually had to pay their debts.

MLS will go to pro/rel when we get our expansion jimmies out at about 32. Hopefully, the NASL will be have their head out of their own asses at that point and MLS will buy them and USL to create MLS1, MLS2, and MLS3, where MLS3 consists of all the '2' clubs and PDL. This will take another 10-15 years.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

^^^Yeah, that.

wicka posted:

hahahahahajajajahahahaha no

You do know the likes of Barcalona and Real Madrid owe hundreds of millions of Euros to banks right? Teams in La Liga and Serie A routinely don't pay their players because they have no money.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3016432/Club-club-guide-Premier-League-s-financial-health.html

This is from last year and only the precious, perfect BPL.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

threeagainstfour posted:

Anyone familiar with the Mexican National Team know why Giovanni dos Santos would turn down the call up for Copa America?

Because the Copa America is worthless and he has an relationship with the Mexican coach like Landon did with Jurgen.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Somebody on reddit went through and graphed (with some error) the area accessible by each team's stadium by public transit within 45 minutes:

http://imgur.com/a/5feFI
(Thread)

Cascadia Uber Alles :smug:

Yeah he's really wrong about LA. The Stub is 1 mile bus ride from the Blue Line that connects to all of MTA's other rail, including, as of today, the completed Expo line. So Santa Monica, North Hollywood, Pasadena, Long Beach and most everything in between can access the StubHub Center. All we really need is the Galaxy and MTA to provide shuttles for a couple hours before and after the games to the Artesia station.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's pretty funny, I have had so many arguments with DC area bloggers about our acquisitions, player fitness etc. They always make these bullshit arguments as if DC doesn't ruin everything is touches and generally make bad choices. "Oh, Halsti is a great player, he'll be a key player for us moving forward as we build" and all of that. Once again they are proven to be wrong. Birnbaum is definitely gone, he is too smart and talented and his representation is too smart and talented to allow him to languish. Hamid will return and be mediocre following his surgery and time off. He'll likely try to jump ship too. Acosta, the mediocre midfield maestro will also likely be gone by the Summer. Things are looking bright.

That's like arguing in the comments section. Never go full retard man. You know this.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Joke's on you scrublords! I still have Il Bruce! :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Jeff Cunningham? Oduro? What about them?

• Locked thread