Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It's cool when you're in canada and it's one of the three days in the summer where it's 93 degrees and humid and all the idiots are in pants because none of them own a single pair of shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Xylorjax posted:

Are you one of those "men don't wear shorts" people too?

I personally never wear shorts, but other people of any gender identity can wear whatever they want

As long as it's not a jersey

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hello Towel posted:

I personally never wear shorts, but other people of any gender identity can wear whatever they want

Am I at least allowed to wear a hockey sweater? This is important to me.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hello Towel posted:

So you're saying TactiKilts are ok, but not jerseys. :goonsay:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Hello Towel posted:

Honestly who even buys jerseys? I think I own, like, one Fire jersey, and I got it when I was a kid.
I have a bunch of jerseys, even a Seattle Reign one for some reason. They are comfy :shrug:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i own many jerseys and all my shorts are cutoffs

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Jerseys are awesome if you're in hot conditions and doing physical activities, which I often am

in MLS related stuff, getting a Perry Kitchen Hearts shirt is actually cheaper than a DC United shirt of any kind, because MLS still thinks this is a lifestyle brand for moneyed whites and not a working-class sport for industry and immigrants

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

be nice wicka posted:

I'm going to allow it

David Accam is still out with an injury for this weekend. You're welcome for the 3 points, DC.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

I'm going to go to a Fire game in a jersey, jorts, and socks with sandals just to piss off Hello Towel.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Jerseys are awesome if you're in hot conditions and doing physical activities, which I often am

in MLS related stuff, getting a Perry Kitchen Hearts shirt is actually cheaper than a DC United shirt of any kind, because MLS still thinks this is a lifestyle brand for moneyed whites and not a working-class sport for industry and immigrants

Things I learned today, Perry Kitchen is playing Scotland and The Beast now plays for Orlando, and is 34. That makes me feel old.

Also that Aurelien Collin is making $500k to be not very good at soccer, so he'll fit right in with the Red Bulls.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Things I learned today, Perry Kitchen is playing Scotland and The Beast now plays for Orlando, and is 34. That makes me feel old.

Also that Aurelien Collin is making $500k to be not very good at soccer, so he'll fit right in with the Red Bulls.

We are old now. And Kitchen is apparently well loved already at Hearts, so he'll never come home but he'll be a Scottish hero.

Collin is trash.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

It's OK to own a jersey if it's like a good team from around the world

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

(not MLS)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Conartist posted:

I feel bad for all of the Orlando City fans who bought shirts with Collin's name on the back. I mean, spending money on something with his name on it was bad enough. So far this season he wasn't even starting. Now it looks like he won't even be on the team.

I thought about a Collin jersey but mostly because it's also my name. I didn't get one and don't regret it.

Also I'm sure 99% of OC fans have Kaka or Larin jerseys.

Speaking of which...

quote:

Orlando City forward Cyle Larin reportedly is drawing transfer interest from major European clubs.

One of those is S.S. Lazio, one of the most storied clubs in Italy's top-flight league, Serie A, according to Italian website CalcioMercato.com, which is dedicated to transfer news and rumors in soccer around the world.

According to the report, Norwegian club Molde also is interested and scouted the 21-year-old Canadian national team player during Orlando City's 3-2 loss Sunday at the New York Red Bulls. Larin scored the Lions' first goal in the third minute of that match.

Calcio Mercato reported Larin's transfer fee would be $9 million.

Since Larin was a Generation Adidas player picked No. 1 in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft, Orlando City would get half of the transfer fee if Larin left this year. The other half would go to the league.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...arin-story.html

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

MLS thread, where "Tacticool murse" goes by without mention but owning sports paraphernalia is controversial

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I haggled a redbulls home top down to like 20 bucks recently. It had the old logo on it which is part of the reason I wanted it. No name on it but I might scrawl on Grella in permanent marker. The nice thing is you only need one redbulls home because they're always the same.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 30, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I have both pre-sponsor Quakes jerseys and they look nice this is fact :colbert:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

MLS thread, where "Tacticool murse" goes by without mention but owning sports paraphernalia is controversial

Speak English

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

lol

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

*in stupid gently caress face voice which is just my own voice* i'm loving the discussion of the sick rear end results last night, wonder how grella would weigh in on cargo shorts and/or jorts.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh, sorry, pretend I said "gently caress New Jersey for a thousand years" like usual, the misfiring will continue as scheduled once they stop playing complete defensive shitshows

Oh

Oh they're playing DC in two weeks

Fun aside: Star Wars night was supposed to be Labor Night and most of the old and/or African American labor leaders told them to pound sand, so imagine what will happen when blue collar leaders of the city show up to find a bunch of soccer moms dressed as Jawas and an empty section labeled ALDERAN ULTRAS

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
I think Columbus is the worst finishing team in the league. loving atrocious.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

tyson hit him with a "brick" wahl

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Rapids are now atop the Supporter's Shield standings. Has the world ended yet?

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's OK to own a jersey if it's like a good team from around the world

True Facts: I wear Children's XL sized Timber's MLS jerseys because they are cheaper and give me a more athletic fit (and I can look like Captain Jack).

Bring on the hate, MLS goons! I feed upon it. :drac:

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Game worn or GTFO. Finally got a Revs jersey last year that isn't twelve sizes too big for me.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Hoover Dam posted:

Game worn or GTFO. Finally got a Revs jersey last year that isn't twelve sizes too big for me.

Was it one of Twellman's old ones?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Was Taters posted:

Was it one of Twellman's old ones?

Hoover is a small lady but even she isn't fitting into a boy's medium.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Hoover Dam posted:

Training jerseys with numbers in the high 30's worn by cut scrubs and ticket personnel in reserve games 4 life

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Owning merchandise related to anything that I like, no matter how I acquired it or what the source was, makes me one of those people.

And you don't want to be one of those people.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The Fire are getting some dude, Khaly Thiam, on loan from MTK Budapest in the Hungarian OTP Bank Liga.

Just the kind of splashy signing that will put butts in the seats.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Hello Towel posted:

The Fire are getting some dude, Khaly Thiam, on loan from MTK Budapest in the Hungarian OTP Bank Liga.

Just the kind of splashy signing that will put butts in the seats.

Everyone knows that Star Wars night does that

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

loving capo not even watching the game.

https://twitter.com/tbc5150/status/727330642397040640

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

What is he carrying?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Syncopated posted:

What is he carrying?

minigun .50 cal

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

What is he carrying?

GRIDs

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So they've invented a trophy for DC-PHI since clearly the league would rather emphasize the NYisGAY rivalry over the first blood rivalry in league history

DC has graciously given us the choice of voting for the I 95 Cup, Colonial Cup and some other lame poo poo

We suggested the FO Trophy

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Friends Only?
Fantastic Opponents?

Am I getting close?

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

mmmm yes, more hardware to fill display cases with such vaunted trophies such as trillium, brimstone, cascadia, and the open cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

So they've invented a trophy for DC-PHI since clearly the league would rather emphasize the NYisGAY rivalry over the first blood rivalry in league history

DC has graciously given us the choice of voting for the I 95 Cup, Colonial Cup and some other lame poo poo

We suggested the FO Trophy

This is stupid and I hate it.

• Locked thread