Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I have arrived at Toyota Park. My god, this really is the middle of nowhere. Go Fire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Did anyone have any luck watching the UniMas game on MLS live on Sunday? Will I still be able to use a Canadian VPN to watch the game tonight?

edit: Nevermind, I just looked at the blackout policy and it looks like it should work just fine!

camoseven fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 11, 2016

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Bio-Hazard posted:

LOL yes. Why is FC Dallas so bad this year? Is this a rebuilding year?

That was only their second game, and they won their first one. Dallas are still one of the best teams in the league, they just had an awful night last night.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

whypick1 posted:

N: Apparently Vancouver traded Darron Mattocks to Portland

V: Just what Portland needs, another forward who can't finish!

This is official now. I don't really understand why Portland thinks they need another forward, but have fun!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Errant Gin Monks posted:

So as a super casual soccer fan (I watch World Cup and the occasional game with my English expat buddies), I am kind of interested in the fact that San Antonio has an MLS team starting this year. I can get 6th season tickets for 280 bucks.

Is it worth it to watch a probably terrible team live outside in a brand new stadium where it is hot as hell or just watch it on TV?

You should definitely get tickets because live soccer is the bomb. You should also be aware that it is actually a USL team, which is officially the 3rd tier of American soccer, and it is replacing the San Antonio Scorpions, who were in the NASL, which is officially the 2nd tier of American soccer. That said, the tiers in American soccer are pretty much made up, and USL is still a cool league.

edit to add that their home park is very nice, it's expandable to MLS standards (which is their stated goal, I think), and that the players you will see are a cool mix of MLS prospects, American and foreign journeymen, and the random old dude that used to be pretty good. There's more of that last category in NASL, but USL has a few, too. You should get tickets.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 18, 2016

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DC are the worst team in the east, and Ben Olsen should be fired. They're total poo poo and there's no exciting young players waiting in the wings. Except for Acosta, and Olsen is already loving that up.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
gently caress Garber, gently caress MLS, gently caress all its NFL owners

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
ASGs were probably cool and fun at one point in time, but they are all just giant stupid money grabs now. The MLB ASG is so boring and pointless now that we've got interleague play that they had to make it ~*~mEaN sOmEtHiNg~*~ and now the World Series is ruined, too. The NHL ASG this year was real tight cause the league got punked by John Scott, but I'm sure they learned the wrong lessons from that and will work hard to take all the fun out of future ASGs. At least the NBA ASG is kinda fun cause no one plays defense and it's just an extended dunk contest.

The MLS ASG is insane small time bullshit. "The best players in our league combined can barely beat a good Euro team in their offseason while they jog around the pitch!" gently caress you, get that poo poo outta here. How you gonna do everything else in this stupid league "The American Way" and then not do your ASG as East vs West? Stupid motherfuckers. I just realized how glad I am that the NASL hasn't tried an ASG yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we've got disinterested D2 players jogging around on a loving college lacrosse field versus, I dunno, Celtic? Who cares.

Yea, I'm mad about All Star Games.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So some guy is claiming on Twitter that Zlatan is leaving whatever team he's on in like 2 hours and going to the Galaxy.

So take that with however many grains of salt you need.

edit: Now it's like 3 or 4. Who knows if it's just one giant circular confirmation shitball though.

That's the dumbest rumor I've ever heard

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

effectual posted:

That's a lot of FC in that list. It's not like we say Yankees BC or something.

And we call it soccer, so FC is extra stupid

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

joshtothemaxx posted:

Why did the DC-KC kickoff just get moved...?

DCU got stuck in Chicago last night and just flew to KC this afternoon

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DC United makin' some moves. Fabian Espindola sold to Vancouver, Patrick Mullins bought from NYCFC. Doesn't matter, Olsen will still put out poo poo lineups and DCU will still be awful.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

When is DC's last season at RFK? I want to go to a NYRB away game to witness the dump once before it's done.

The new stadium is scheduled to open in 2018

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Sigi is out! Olsen next? Maybe? ...Please?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Does anyone know the particulars of the new rules surrounding the all star game? I know the league instituted some new idiotic policy and I can't find the rules.

Jermaine Jones is getting an MRI on one of his bad knees and I seriously doubt he'll play. Does that mean he's getting fined, suspended, or nothing at all?

I'm sure there are other players in the same boat like Kaka, will they get fined too?

They won't get fined, but they will be suspended for the next league match.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dallan Invictus posted:

Which shouldn't make a difference for someone like Jones who is ACTUALLY injured, I guess was the reasoning.

The reasoning was that they don't want anyone faking and not playing in their big money grab event. It really blows for players who have little nagging injuries who don't really need a week off, but also really don't need to be playing an extra midweek game.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tigren posted:

Is anyone in town for the All Star game? Is anyone at the homegrown game?

No one is at the homegrown game. Source: I'm watching on MLS Live for some reason.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tigren posted:

I know. Source I'm sitting wherever I want in the stadium.

How much were tickets?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

SeaTard posted:

I hope they paid him to take them.

If it were in DC I'd pay $20 for the novelty factor. I'm actually kind of hoping DC gets the ASG after the new stadium is finished, and then that will be the last ASG ever played.

edit:

Tigren posted:

$25 through ticket master or free if you went to any of the fan fest crap.

That's not bad. MLS is really stinkin' it up, though, but at least the stadium is nice!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

CaptainYesterday posted:

Robbie Rogers got called a rude name in a USL start, apparently.

The only openly gay male athlete in a top pro league in the US being called a homophobic slur is way different than some random player being called a rude name.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Gyasi Zardes to miss remainder of 2016 MLS regular season (and upcoming USMNT friendlies/WCQs) with a broken foot.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 30, 2016

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Definitely seems to be a reputable source. Twitter is going nuts about it. Donovan is 34 and has been sitting for almost 2 years, though, so I have a hard time believing he'd still be an impact player.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

On the other hand he looks to have stayed in shape and is probably better than Zardes.

Well there's now a bunch of corroborating reports floating around from LA journos saying it could be announced as early as tomorrow, so it looks like we're gonna find out just how well he's stayed in shape!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
It's really bizarre cause LA seem to have a lot of young attackers that they keep stashed at LA2. Why not give them a shot?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
19 million people watched the Fox football game, so just over 6% of viewers forgot to turn off their set and accidentally watched MLS afterwards.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Atlanta is a garbage city and everyone I know who lives there has at least a 2 hour round trip commute. I don't think the stadium being on public transit is gonna be helpful at all.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tigren posted:

Stadium being on public transit is immensely helpful. A 45 minute train ride turns into a 45 minute tailgate.

Yea except it's an hour drive cause the train system is poo poo and no one lives near it. I'm guessing you have not been to Atlanta.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

I'm going to be in Northern Virginia over the weekend. I'm seriously debating going to the DC/NYCFC in my Redbulls jersey. What's traffic like in DC sunday afternoon/evening.

It's mostly fine, but you should definitely take the Metro if you can. Parking around RFK is an expensive, time consuming nightmare, and there's actually going to be a big crowd at that game.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Seltzer posted:

I'm a little west of bethesda, could I cut over and park near there and take one of the stops on red line?

You'd probably be better off driving to and parking at Tyson's Corner or McLean on the Silver Line cause that'll take you straight to RFK. You'd have to transfer from the red line if you went to Bethesda, which can be kind of a pain on weekends.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 11, 2016

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I thought the new DCU stadium was all set to start construction, but it turns out there are people still trying to derail it and/or hold it hostage until their demands are met. Incredible.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Your Boy Fancy posted:

B] get to the goddamned stadium fucker

I am at the screaming eagles tailgate if anyone wants to meet up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
That loss is really gonna put a dent in DC United's chances of winning the cup this year

• Locked thread