Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

This is the kind of poo poo Ghostery blocks when you're on SomethingAwful.

I started following your thread. Really neat stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Trap door into the garage so she can fast rope out of there.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Motronic posted:

Exactly this. It's something I bring up because most people aren't even aware of it. This isn't about saving an on-fire home, it's about occupant safety and it's a risk decision you should be consciously making, not just having it made for you by someone else if your in the position to make it.

This is just my two cents, but I appreciate your fire-safety awareness. I lost a cat in a utility room fire that burned itself out while we were away, so I find myself noticing sprinklers and smoke detectors in apartments I rent. My wife and I are approaching the time in our life where it makes sense to buy a house, and I'm filing a lot of this information away for future use.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Line 51: - Three (4) foundation windows included and to be installed
I assume (4) is referencing a drawing or something?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Zhentar posted:

If you're going to spend that much on an open fireplace, get a Rumford.

Isn't this paying a lot of money for a fireplace that sucks cold air in from the outside and sends hot air up the chimney more efficiently?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I hope you can start doing stuff with your tract of land soon!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Gounads posted:

ok, so here's some paranoid conspiracy thinking, I know it sounds crazy.

I went back and reviewed the video from conservation committee. The guy with the missing flags... the only question he asked the board was when were they going to do their site-visit. Why would he ask that? The only reason I can guess is if he planned on removing flags before then.

I know. Paranoid, probably nonsense.

Tonight, I'm going down, checking the flags are still there, and setting up the construction time-lapse camera to make sure they don't get taken down.

Have you caught the bastard yet?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I'm excited to watch your house go up!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Klogdor posted:

as a non-american, I dont understand why the number of bedrooms would influence the cost of sewer hookups, care to explain to an outsider?

More bedrooms means more butts a-poopin', which means they need a bigger sewer hookup.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Gounads posted:

Samsung washer/dryer.

I predict you'll soon grow to hate the happy little song they play when they're done washing/drying.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

MrEnigma posted:

My LG Washer and Dryer both play the same pleasant little song. The washer though when it's playing it, right in the middle does a double unlock of the door, and it sounds like clapping. So of course I clap along each time.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

My dad gets that song stuck in his head and then putters around my parents' house, unconsciously humming/whistling it over and over again.

These two anecdotes are adorable. I take back the mean things I said about washing machine songs.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Did you figure out the deal with the missing $17K?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The forester can handle it. Symmetrical all wheel drive, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

Electrolysis.

Remove the water and sell the waste hydrogen afterward :c00lbutt:

Edit: You can electrolytically separate a 10cm high, 1m wide surge of water traveling 1m/s down the hill with 1.6 GW of electrical power if you can get it pretty darn pure before processing. Maybe it would be more efficient to boil the water away at a few meager megawatts of power.

Divert the water into a spillway and use that to run a hydroelectric turbine. You'll be part way there to the 1.6GW!

• Locked thread