Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Gounads posted:

Is a builder giving a 15 year warranty a big deal, or just something they say?

It's worth however much use you can get out of the paper it's printed on as toilet paper unless this builder has been in business as this legal entity for upwards of 30 years. Often what happens is that you'll have a warranty issued and then the builder dissolves the LLC or S/C Corp (whatever they incorporated the business as) and reincorporates as a "new" company with a similar (but legally distinct) name which, of course, means any warranties issued by the original company are no longer enforceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Gounads posted:

ok, so here's some paranoid conspiracy thinking, I know it sounds crazy.

I went back and reviewed the video from conservation committee. The guy with the missing flags... the only question he asked the board was when were they going to do their site-visit. Why would he ask that? The only reason I can guess is if he planned on removing flags before then.

I know. Paranoid, probably nonsense.

Tonight, I'm going down, checking the flags are still there, and setting up the construction time-lapse camera to make sure they don't get taken down.

You'd be surprised at the lengths people will go to to be dicks. Do the construction cameras have night vision? Something my in-laws did at their cabin when they were having issues with some of the year-round neighbors "borrowing" things like canoes or whatever was to set up a couple game cameras. Caught one of them red handed.

Edit: consider posting no trespassing signs at the same time and consult a lawyer about your state's adverse possession laws and what you need to do to prevent it. Our neighbors' driveway overlaps our property line by a good 3' and it's pretty much impossible for them to get to their garage door without that. When we bought our house, we had the seller get a signed contract with the owner of the neighboring property that states, in effect, "we know it overlaps, we still own the property up to the property line, we can revoke access (i.e. by building a fence) at any time" that then got filed with our title.

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 15, 2016

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Gounads posted:

All good points. Counterpoint: my neighbors seeing my hairy rear end when I shower.

Counter-counterpoint: that's what frosted glass and/or a higher window is for. But ultimately it's your house and you need to make decisions that you're comfortable with.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Boogalo posted:

And then get a combination lock for your most used door because gently caress keys.

I use these guys. https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-BE365VCAM619-Camelot-Keypad-Deadbolt/dp/B000NJJ1MQ

I installed the flat keypad version of that on my door within a week of closing on our house and it's probably my favorite of the small upgrades I've done. It's unbelievably convenient to not have to think about needing a house key and if we need to have someone come by to take care of our cats when we go out of town or whatever, I can just issue them a temporary code.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Manwich posted:

What's the manufacturer and model of that shower head? My wife loves those kinds of shower heads, and we've only found Delta that made one like that. Your pictured showerhead looks much better.

It looks like the one I installed in our shower. It is a Delta. It's also loving awesome. It has multiple settings for either one or both the outer ring and the handheld part and has a "pause" function that drops the stream to a trickle which my wife loves for when she's shaving her legs.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta-In2Ition-174-Chrome-WaterSense-Showerhead-with-Hand-Shower/50297997

• Locked thread