Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

What memory diagnostic tool are you using?

Some googling with the error code proposed that it was a dodgy SATA Cable so try changing that around

Error code also showed another issue was the SATA connector on the mobo was dodgy, so use a different SATA port as well to be safe.

Make sure the Mobo SATA controller is set to AHCI mdoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Badgers posted:

Yessir, I tried new sata cables/ports as well. Forgot to add that to attempted fixes. Mobo is set to ahci.

I'm using the "press f1 to run memory diagnostics" during the OS installation boot screen. I hadn't thought of a RAM issue. I'll look at troubleshooting RAM. See if I can pinpoint the problem.

Run a memtest 86, not sure how good the built one on windows is but if there is an issue memtest 86 will find it.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Badgers posted:

Thanks to both of you, snakes, can that run from boot screen off usb? I've never used memtest before.

memtest86 come with its own bootable usb maker, make sure to use the smallest usb you have (program only needs like 256mb usb). Program does some odd partitions with the usb so also make sure it's not one you actively use.

Snakes in a can fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 8, 2016

• Locked thread