Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Dang it, I was checking for this and totally missed it! Oh well, I got to submit characters for the first two, I guess I shouldn't complain about missing the third.

Reading character bios now, will vote once I've read.

Edit: My votes:

Bendan +4
Matthias +3
Ni'aurrl +2
Sasserithrasix +1

Bronwyn (or is it Blodwyn?) -1
John -1

Tax Refund fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Everyone being miserable, angry or emotionless all the time seems pretty boring to read about. The team needs at least one or two cheerful people who aren't jerks.

Pretty much exactly why I downvoted the same two characters as you did. I'd rather have a cheerful or sane character in the party as a "straight man" -- which is why I wrote up Chester the way I did in the Exile 2 thread. Didn't have a chance to do the same here since I missed the thread until after character creation deadline, but that's why I'd much rather see Sass in the party than Blodwyn.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

A couple of typos I found that nobody else has mentioned yet:

berryjon posted:

He looks it over. "No. No, I do not. May I have this, to heck with our records? If the source of this problem is a rogue mage here in Valorim, and not from... your place, then we can respond faster."

Should have been "to check with our records", I assume. Though it's amusing to think of him as saying, "Oh, to heck with our records -- may I have this as a personal memento?"

berryjon posted:

Projectile... Don't tell me...[/b]

Closing bold tag should be a close quote.

Now for things that aren't typos:

berryjon posted:

Part of me wants to find some place else that sells these things, but at a different price, and see if I can figure out the markup for the various price levels.[/i]

A bit of poking around with a calculator suggests this is a 60% markup from the items' base prices, as that makes them all come out to round numbers. (For example, a 20% markup would mean Medium Energy Potions had a 400 gold base price, but that would leave Smoky Crystals with a 133.33 gold base price, which doesn't make sense. Pretty sure Vogel would have used integers for his items' base prices.) If the 60% markup is correct, then the base price for these items is:

pre:
Smoky Crystal   100
Weak Curing P    40
Weak Healing P   60
Weak Energy P   100
Med. Curing P   120
Med. Healing P  180
Weak Speed P     50
Med. Energy P   300
Also, I have a feeling Erika was framed; this doesn't seem like her style. She hates the Empire, true, but her plotting in the first two games was reserved for killing the Empire's leaders, first the Emperor and then Garzahd. Doing something that causes the Empire's leaders pretty much no harm, while producing untold misery among the poor and powerless (farmers, etc.) citizens of the Empire... doesn't seem like her.

I wonder who knows Erika's personal sigil and could copy it? And would be foolish enough to do so, given how Erika would react to being framed?

... Someone foolish enough to persist in trying demon summoning, perhaps? Linda was on the Triad before, so presumably she knew the personal sigils of the major wizards of Exile...

I guess we'll find out at some point.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

To that question as it is phrased, the only honest answer I can give is "yes". But the excluded middle is "... but they would have been convenient." The Great Wall of China proves that modern construction equipment isn't, strictly speaking, necessary to produce immense structures: you can do it with slavery and death (I count "forced labor", even if it's temporary, as slavery, and far too many of the workers on the Great Wall died during its construction.) But modern construction equipment sure makes it easier, and usually, nobody dies during the construction of modern buildings.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Something weird that doesn't look like a typo:

berryjon posted:

"I make these potions using only natural ingredients and alchemical processes, without the use of single magical spell. You may purchase them if you wish." He suddenly starts to cough Beverly. When he straightens up, he says "Excuse me, I think I'm starting to become a touch ill. As I was about to say, you may purchase potions from me if you wish."

Beverly? I suppose that should be "heavily", but how did that happen? Autocorrect?

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Sass is quickly becoming my favorite character in this one. He's just so much like a puppy. A six foot tall, intelligent, scaly puppy.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Typo that hasn't been pointed out yet:

berryjon posted:

“What's more, I can just straight up twenty feet, with a mighty swooshing noise, if necessary.”

I assume that should be "jump".

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

berryjon posted:

I am also making an executive decision. Once I catch up with my backlog of material (about 2-3 updates worth), I will not put the next action up to a vote. I'm pushing against some serious plot, and I need to locate and talk to the dragons before I can advance more.

Sounds good to me. I'd rather see you able to push the story along than have to delay a bunch. We've had lots of opportunity to interact with the LP, so don't worry about the occasional non-interactive segment. We're past the point where I remember how the story goes, so I'm looking forward to finding out how it all works out!

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

What, are we going to have a town named Strcmp next? I feel like Vogel may have been running out of ideas here.

Though I did laugh at it, so...

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

berryjon posted:

Because this is the greatest Dungeon in the history of Exile, please allow me to show you two images that encapsulate the sheer brilliance of it:

Those who want to make suggestions for dialogue in this dungeon, please feel free to do so In Spoilers for those who want to keep the surprise intact.

Oh, good. This is the one dungeon that I remember best from when I played Exile 3 as a kid, and I was afraid that: a) you'd already done it and b) it was somehow not as good as I remembered (since it hadn't noticed you going through it). But if you're about to do it, then my favorite piece of Exile nostalgia is still coming up.

Though even though this is the dungeon that I remember best, I still don't remember enough details to give you meaningful suggestions for dialogue, so I'll hold off on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Didn't the Empire stop food aid to Exile years ago, though? Or am I misremembering the intro to Exile 1? If they already stopped food aid, that takes that threat off the table. "Do what we want, or we'll... stop what we aren't doing."

• Locked thread