Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

berryjon posted:

In Exile, the only mages who can be said to have really gone off the reservation is Linda who has had plenty of contact with Demons. Certainly many are arrogant, or otherwise anti-social, but they're not completely crazy like she is.
You say, as you've cut down dozens of mages and implied crazy mage cultist types over the course of the trilogy.

Anyway, the point seems to center around the fact that magic is a touchy subject compared to priestly stuff. Magic is putting a gun in a room with a toddler, and everything else is a lot safer in comparison. Remember when the portal device kinda blew up and nearly destroyed everything, had it not been for the intervention? That was a product of mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Kinfolk910 posted:

A whole bunch of stuff
I'd just like to point out that in-universe, priest spells seem to revolve around asking (a/the) god(s) to do a thing for you, whereas magic is this crazy thing you can cook up in your basement and do the unspeakable, provided you have the tools. The existing, common spells aren't the limits of magery, and only scratch the surface.

Mechanics-wise, isn't there some benefit to joining and ditching the Anama immediately under certain conditions? I thought there was.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

thetruegentleman posted:

The Mages know drat well even basic magic is dangerous, and prepare accordingly:

So what the hell kind of spell was the mage trying to cast, and why were so many people living in a house being used for magical experiments? Sorry your cousin died while trying to make some magical version of crystal meth, or maybe an IED, but bad poo poo happens when you fail basic safety protocols. Also, be sure to tell your other cousins not to drink Bathtub Gin so they don't all get themselves killed in a similar way.
The idea is that it's really easy to get into magic and also really easy to screw up. The way the thread is speaking implies that the only magic that gets practiced is by "actual" mages, and that only "dangerous" magic can have consequences. In reality, any magic that hasn't been pegged down perfectly (like your mage spell list) is a recipe for disaster in one form or another.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I don't know if you've already tried, but do you think Jeff might be of any help in finding out what's wrong or giving you some other version of the game to test for the same error?

• Locked thread