Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Currently Marvel outsells DC. Our DC sales are composed of 70% Batman books.

Talk about reflecting the market!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Heathen posted:

The place I shop at has a really nice old man running it. He's been there for 30+ years and has a pretty good group of regular customers. He is also friends with a good number of other local and not so local shop owners. I read a fair amount of new books, but I love collecting the old stuff. The sheer number of Golden and Silver Age books he can get a hold of is astounding.

One of the nice things he does is that he'll let you put stuff aside for a long time until you get it paid off. The bad part is that he'll hold on to stuff for a really, really long time. He likes to joke that if everyone would come in and pay off what they owe him he could retire tomorrow. He puts a post-it on the back of the bag saying who wants it, when he put it away and how much they owe. After a year he takes the post-it off and gives his regulars first dibs. He could resell them for full price, but instead you pay off what's left and they're yours. I picked these up for a total of $320.

Thank you random dude who stopped paying for his comics.

Isn't that ASM worth thousands?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

He's just on the Geoff Johns diet.

He wasn't eating bullshit.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I am mildly disappointed you weren't let go for giving a perv/creep a cradle piledriver

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Our local shop have funkos but they make up a small portion, dunno if it's just prescience on the owner's part or they just aren't that popular.

Our EB games otoh, is like 50% those things.

• Locked thread