Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Tesseraction posted:

Well, it's the only line of attack he could do anything about. The more realistic concerns such as parliamentary sovereignty and immigration are poo poo Cameron can't do anything about, so he's taken the only thing he can potentially score a win over.

In the overarching debate, this is small poo poo no-one cares about, but for the people affected it's a nice outcome. Nothing more.

Next up: Prime Minister Hacker Cameron defends the British sausage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

The GUN debate turning into a complete clusterfuck within one page? Colour me shocked. GUN.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

khwarezm posted:

'gently caress these guys, not for what they did, but for the inevitable legislative response'.

Actually a good response. It's sad a couple dozen people got bombed, but all of Europe making GBS threads itself and making life suck more than necessary for three hundred million people is the wrong response to terrorism aka a method used by losers to have disproportionate effects on their victims.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

While I generally think we should eradicate Wahabism, I'm a bit cautious when talking regime change in the middle east. There are very few instances where that worked out the way we wanted.

given that the worst case scenario is saudi arabia becoming isis country and the current real scenario is saudi arabia already being isis country (but on an export basis and with better pr) there's nowhere to go but up :shrek:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:allears:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Riso posted:

Criminals/terrorists use illegally acquired weapons so why restrict legal ownership? It would not solve any problems.

We must do something, this dumb poo poo is something, we must do this dumb poo poo.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What's with the (Greater) German far right and crashing their cars?

White trash with German characteristics.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lord Tywin posted:

Our politicians have gone full retard for quite some time and something like 70 % of people still think that the prices will just keep increasing! Since it's totally different now compared to the last bubble 26 years ago, they are right though since this time the difference is that it will be much worse!

Full Kommunism Now.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Collect stamps instead of collecting murder machines like a sociopath.

You should not legislatively impose your own morality on others, even if you hate their guts.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

How uneducated of you :smugissar:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Let's try to treat this with the level of intelligence and careful consideration common in current political discourse:

a) #rapefugeesnotwelcome #multiculturalist_menace #killallbrowns

b) #neoliberal_lies #candonowrong #imperalist_oppression

Pick one, then fight to the death :black101:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Extra 3 is already passably good. If they manage to offend Erdogan enough that he publicly gives up on EU membership in a fit of rage they will forever be the comedy show of my heart.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

Apparently Turkey asked the German ambassador to pull the song from Youtube. Maybe someone should tell them about the Streisand effect.

Also, gently caress them.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

PT6A posted:

The impression I get is that Erdogan is a significant step backward for Turkey compared to previous leaders. Correct/incorrect?

He started out with better democratic legitimisation (but Turkey is full of rural regressives), but then decided he likes being corrupt sultan more.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Putting some cold war leftover cannons on flimsy coast guard boats is cheaper than walling in Africa and the Middle East, you see.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Apparently the bodyguards got pretty rowdy with the protesters and the press and kept having to get stopped by DC police, Secret Service dudes, and hotel security.

They also had mobile propaganda vans roving DC streets with Orwellian slogans written on them.

Not really making the best impression, really.

Lèse majesté. Be ashamed.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Chomskyan posted:

Then I would like to see some examples of CH's take on other religions and why you feel they're at all comparable to the sweeping argument made in that editorial

Charlie Hebdo

Reminder that Chomskyan has been feeding his confirmation bias about the evilness of Charlie Hebdo since Charlie Hebdo got shot up at the very least.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

khwarezm posted:

It is very important to reduce CH to nothing but a bunch of racist raving islamophobes among certain types of people, I wonder why?

Because saying "well they're wrong" implies there is an actual issue to be talked about, when you could just say "well they're islamophobes, and also literal nazis FN" to prevent a debate you may end up losing :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

tbh CH does hold islam in open and cheerful contempt, so saying they're not "islamophobic" is perhaps not the best argument to push, but they at least used to be pro-laïcité rather than specifically anti-muslim, particularly that brand of anti-muslim as a cover for racism that is so popular among e.g. the Front National

The word "islamophobia" is used as shorthand for "hating muslims (because gently caress brown people)", not for "hating aspects of islamic religious organisations without having a problem with individual believers".

The word would technically be better suited to the latter but it already ended up meaning the former.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

YF-23 posted:

They are a publication that has run covers such as this (nws?) and are generally known to have a strong anti-religious stance in general. Are they saying that other religions are not as bad as Islam? I don't know, but I wouldn't believe so.

Other major religions in Europe have a rich and proud history of getting crushed under the heel of the state over and over again domesticated, and outside of post-Soviet shitholes have largely staid that way, so there just isn't as much to get worked up over for dedicated secularists living in Central and Western Europe..

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Better hope your daughter has never ridden a bike then, because Deuteronomy 22:21-22 says if there's no blood on the sheets she should be stoned to death by the village men.

Check out 22:23-24 too, which says if an engaged virgin is raped in the city she must be stoned to death too, because she clearly wasn't trying hard enough to get away and therefore she enjoys it.

As to your proselytising, perhaps, but it also says in Deuteronomy 13:1-11 that apostasy should be punished by stoning.

New Testament wise you're right, it teaches kinder things, but 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 makes sure that women know their place.

No you see these are not core parts of the religion and don't count, because my essentialism is better than your essentialism.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ligur posted:

Are you guys seriously arguing over what 2000 or 1300 year old religious scripture is worse?

Gaaahahahaha!

Religion in TYOOL 2016: best taken in homeopathic amounts.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I'd sue the gently caress out of my employer.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Why sue when you can, you know,

~ STRIKE ~

Why not both? :france:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

Gotta love the French when it comes to secularism, it seems like that's their one strong suit

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/30/french-womens-rights-minister-laurence-rossignol-accused-racism-negro

Yeah I sort of agree with her point here.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

Or did you not read the article and see she was referring to abayas and hijab generally?

I'm being lazy.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

khwarezm posted:

'Heh, Yurpeans :smug:'

ftfy

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Puistokemisti posted:

Only bad because yanks went all weird about it.

Once again America ruins everything.

American cultural imperialism.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Humans Among Us posted:

For what it's worth, a lot of people are getting sick of the whole issue and i predict black pete will be pretty much gone between now and 10 years.

Another victory for American cultural imperialism :fsmug:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

I'm not surprised that you are textually blind. His main thesis is that even large institutions can change dramatically. The point of his story about his childhood is to contrast the role Germany played back then with the role Germany plays today. What a change! So when he brings up how this building used to have a very different function, is it to illustrate how
a) Germans bad because Nazi's
b) things really can change

You are like Schauble in his story of his visit in that you are unable to imagine how fondly this guy used to think of Germany and Germans. Except unlike Schauble, he just spent a couple of pages explaining to you in detail all about the how and why of it.

You are loving dumb.

Personal feelings don't matter (except it turns out governments still consist of people, and all people as a rule are stupid emotional idiots who can barely tie their own shoelaces when worked up over something).

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

EU Mark Antony

Mark Antony crashed and burned spectacularly though.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Dawncloack posted:

11 abstentions? Lol. The French lower house has 577 seats. I guess the rest just didn't feel like showing up.

Probably someone tried to sneak the bill through out of normal working hours.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

So it's not rape if the victim is richer than the assaulter?

For justice!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

CrazyLoon posted:

Yes! Let's cover poo poo up and lie out our asses yet again for the benefit of our own political image, and say we were doing it to 'not give the racists an excuse' (which they don't need, cause they'll form hooligan gangs at the drop of a hat anyway over the tiniest bullshit). Because THAT totally never blows back on anyone, ever, let alone a government of a democratic nation. :bang:

It's administration-style leadership trying to do damage control like it's 1990.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Referendums in a liberal democracy are overwhelmingly an arbitrary decision by a minority of polarized voters.

Tyranny of the majority (of whoever got real angry over a dumb thing)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

pigdog posted:

Stumbled upon this article on Haa'retz titled a little clickbaitily Why the American 'multicultural' model falls apart in Europe and Israel. I'm not very familiar to Israel's internal struggles, so I'm not sure about the application there, but the author makes a some great points to help untangle why are people in eachother's throats over "<insert category> rights" all the time. Copied for posterity because it might be paywalled.

this is actually a good post

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

Referendums would only sorta work if voting was mandatory with threat of heavy fines if you don't vote (unless you have a valid, certified medical reason), AND if the public was properly informed of the consequences. When neither happens, it's a loving stupid form of deciding things.

This is a good opinion.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

solving school segregation by creating completely segregated schools for immigrants(:lol:)

What is it with alleged progressives and people concerned with social justice now hopping on the segregation bandwagon :psyduck:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

you're a piece of poo poo

I think he's pretty racist against european :shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Charlie Mopps posted:

The vice prime minister of Turkey called the satirical treatment of Erdogan on German tv a "crime against humanity". :lol:

It's only humanity if that human is Erdogan :pseudo: