Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I used to follow a bunch of these but they're all either gone or I lost the links. Please help me not cook the same stuff over and over.

The only one I still check every two weeks or so is Budget Bytes, which I made fun of when someone posted it during SNAP Challenge Month last year. It turns out she posts good one-pot meals every once in a while though, good pictures with in-between steps too. Just stay away from her Indian recipes, those are kind of a joke.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
yeah, I keep coming back to budget bytes as well....not perse because my budget wants me to, but she has a couple of great recipes that I use regularly and cheap almost always turns out to be simple and quick recipes as well, and that is something I need most days of the week.

besides that, i roam the internet, i guess.
One regular that springs to mund right now is host the toast
http://hostthetoast.com/
loads of fun recipes

and serious eats of course, duh ;-)

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I made the African peanut stew off budget bytes and it's awesome. I made some bastardized 'chicken tikka' from the blog and ended up throwing most of it away.

Serious eats is great, but I feel like the recipes are much too involved for me to do for weekly meals. The steak recipes I've made off there for date nights have yet to disappoint, though.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
yeah I use budget bytes and smitten kitchen for ideas moreso than the recipe verbatim. Smitten tends to be a bit better though. I like her chana masala.

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
Smitten Kitchen is consistently great.

The pioneer Woman has great recipes with the added benefit of not having to look at her.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Dirty Beluga posted:

The pioneer Woman has great recipes with the added benefit of not having to look at her.

Got any examples? I've never found anything of hers to be anything other than pushing mediocre.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Cavenagh posted:

Got any examples? I've never found anything of hers to be anything other than pushing mediocre.

Even that's being generous. Pretty much anything I've seen of hers has been done better by others. And not in a faux western way.

I use Smitten Kitchen, Maangchi, Ravenous Couple, Simply Recipes, Honest-Food.net, No Recipes and Wandering Chopsticks a lot.

Edit: Joy of Baking too

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
food wishes
meatwave
shesimmers (thai food)
serious eats
smitten kitchen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
http://zserbo.com/ - I've been using this for Hungarian dishes and it has been pretty good thus far. My Hungarian family members swear by it.

I recently unfollowed 12 Tomatoes, which I found on FB. lovely clickbait headlines that drive me nuts and bleh food.

• Locked thread