Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.wintermute
Feb 28, 2007

pk irl
This thread sold me on FFXIV. Going to get trial as soon as my gaming laptop arrives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.wintermute
Feb 28, 2007

pk irl
The thing that drove me away from WoW was Cataclysm, when Blizzard finally turned what previously felt as an achievement into "get your free daily epics" pinata.

e: I actually look forward to play a game where I can feel that I have achieved something and wasn't just served ready on a plate.

.wintermute fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 13, 2016

.wintermute
Feb 28, 2007

pk irl

ChickenWing posted:

u wot

Cata stepped up the heroics difficulty hardcore. I never actually finished Grim Batol.

I don't recall any of them being exceptionally hard, but maybe that's just me. Heroics always were more of a several days of runs for me with a guild group to get all gear needed to start raiding, except "Glory of ... Hero" achievement.

I mostly disliked LFR introduction (somewhere in the middle of Cata) and welfare gear concept.

• Locked thread